Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Don't mind people taking the odd photo / video at a gig to keep as a memory and I don't want to get finger waggy about it - people can ultimately do whatever they bloody like but this still from a minute long video of Arctics in Manchester earlier is depressing as sin to me, just the deadest crowd

Screenshot-20230603-012500-01.jpg

Get finger waggy. We're cluttering up the world's servers with this? I love watching properly filmed live footage of bands but not the crap this results in.  Nobody else will watch what they've recorded and I struggle to believe that they will either.

My niece had tickets for the Cov gig and I was a bit envious but this has reminded me what it would actually be like so that's that cured 

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Don't mind people taking the odd photo / video at a gig to keep as a memory and I don't want to get finger waggy about it - people can ultimately do whatever they bloody like but this still from a minute long video of Arctics in Manchester earlier is depressing as sin to me, just the deadest crowd

Agreed, looking back at old football highlights, you see thousands of people captivated by the moment. Complete opposite to now

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Agreed, looking back at old football highlights, you see thousands of people captivated by the moment. Complete opposite to now

Scottish football still noticeably seems to have this, weirdly. Just people jumping about rather than making something they can edit on Premier Pro 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Get finger waggy. We're cluttering up the world's servers with this? I love watching properly filmed live footage of bands but not the crap this results in.  Nobody else will watch what they've recorded and I struggle to believe that they will either.

My niece had tickets for the Cov gig and I was a bit envious but this has reminded me what it would actually be like so that's that cured 

I'm seeing them at the Emirates in a fortnight and don't wanna be viewing the gig through someone's Nokia 

1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm seeing them at the Emirates in a fortnight and don't wanna be viewing the gig through someone's Nokia 

Be sure to just stand at the back looking surly and only speak to complain about the price and quality of the beer.

On 02/06/2023 at 11:43, Sampson said:

Couldn’t disagree more and think that’s an incredibly dangerous viewpoint too. Makes me extremely uncomfortable when people say someone acting or exaggerating their mental health issues and/or suicidal thoughts to get sympathy. Playing down people’s mental health struggles and suicidal thoughts and people feeling like they’re not being listened to is exactly what causes people to take their own lives and the reason suicide rates are so high.

Part of me even thinks when people say someone is only faking having suicidal thoughts to get attention, that there’s an element of that person trying to “egg on” the person that says it to do it, which I mean, is basically attempted manslaughter. 

Regardless of who it is saying it, the number of people I’ve seen publicly state today they’re acting or making it up is making me extremely uncomfortable, and exactly the kind of crap that builds the current culture we have where people’s mental health struggles aren’t taken seriously.

I very much doubt there are many people who genuinely fake suicidal thoughts to get sympathy and yes even if they do it for a cry for help that’s kind of the point. 

Not taking someone on their word when they say they have mental health issues or suicidal thoughts is exactly what has caused our terrible culture where people feel like they can’t speak about these things and exactly why suicide is the biggest killer of men under 50.

And even if some people *do* fake it for sympathy, is it not infinitely better to give 999 people faking sympathy, than to be cynical of that 1 genuine person who ends up taking their own life because they feel no one is taking them seriously? And let’s be Frank it’s not 999 people faking it for every 1 genuine person, very few people are actually going to fake suicidal thoughts for sympathy. 

Ultimately, you have no idea what’s going on inside someone’s head so going into it with a view of “they’re only saying it for sympathy” is an incredibly incredibly shitty and dangerous mindset to have.

On 02/06/2023 at 11:08, LiberalFox said:

People who use mental health or threats of suicide as a way to avoid taking responsibility. 

I am going to agree with both of you. We absolutely should not play down anyone's mental health struggles, and it is critical vulnerable people are listened to, taken seriously and supported.

However, if you're a well known narcissist, bully and who's activities have been covered up for years and anyone who did speak up was swiftly manoeuvred off and ignored. If your apologies are primarily about being sorry you were caught, the revelations being public, not the actual actions. And where it has been fully expected, an interview citing a mental health struggle in the wake of said revelations would be appearing, I'm far less sympathetic. I don't doubt that there is mental turmoil, but it's as a result of your own actions and behaviours. My sympathy lies with the people who were bullied, manipulated and coerced, the real victims and who are likely to have genuine issues.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

What’s even more ridiculous is that nobody’s ever watching these shite videos back.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

What’s even more ridiculous is that nobody’s ever watching these shite videos back.

It's the same at the football. I know someone who sits behind a woman, who stands up blocking his view in order to video the players walking out of the tunnel for EVERY home game. 

I mean, when the hell are you watching those 19 videos back you daft bint? 

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Stinky said:

Pedestrians who press the traffic light and then cross before they go red because there's no traffic anyway. Should be slaughtered. 

On the other hand, it annoys me when you go to a pedestrian crossing (that clearly hasn't been used for a few minutes), press the button ... and nothing happens!    Why not?  It should go to red straightaway.   What's it's waiting for?   Another 60 seconds, for some other person to maybe join me standing there?   Grrr

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

On the other hand, it annoys me when you go to a pedestrian crossing (that clearly hasn't been used for a few minutes), press the button ... and nothing happens!    Why not?  It should go to red straightaway.   What's it's waiting for?   Another 60 seconds, for some other person to maybe join me standing there?   Grrr

Your countries walk buttons actually work?

amazing

21 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Was like this at Coventry. Shame because it’s a cracking set list. 

3 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's the same at the football. I know someone who sits behind a woman, who stands up blocking his view in order to video the players walking out of the tunnel for EVERY home game. 

I mean, when the hell are you watching those 19 videos back you daft bint? 

The youtube willy pullers who record themselves jumping gently bouncing up and down staring straight at the lens, going, 'Yeeeeah. Yeaaaaaaah. Come on.' When a goal goes in.:thumbdown:

Edited by Danizen

8 hours ago, Danizen said:

The youtube willy pullers who record themselves jumping gently bouncing up and down staring straight at the lens, going, 'Yeeeeah. Yeaaaaaaah. Come on.' When a goal goes in.:thumbdown:

There's a video somewhere of a Chelsea fan doing just that when they 'equalised' in the cup final. He then continued to film his shock and disappointment when VAR ruled it out.

What an arse......

1 hour ago, leicsmac said:

A subset of Telegraph contributors in favour of a less direct Aktion T4, then. What nice people.

I'm probably not prepared for the horror of the answer, but I'll ask anyway:

What do these people think the alternative is to the welfare state (just about) looking after the needs of it's most vulnerable people? 

3 minutes ago, Danizen said:

I'm probably not prepared for the horror of the answer, but I'll ask anyway:

What do these people think the alternative is to the welfare state (just about) looking after the needs of it's most vulnerable people? 

Social Darwinism, the "strong" surviving, and the death of those vulnerable people being justifiable in making the society itself "stronger".

Even though that theory has been extensively debunked both morally and practically.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Social Darwinism, the "strong" surviving, and the death of those vulnerable people being justifiable in making the society itself "stronger".

Even though that theory has been extensively debunked both morally and practically.

Hmm reminds me of something......

What is wrong with people. I despair.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Hmm reminds me of something......

What is wrong with people. I despair.

"Those who forget history are doomed to repeat it.

Those who remember history repeat it anyway because they didn't get their own way last time or they want to get their own way again."

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

A subset of Telegraph contributors in favour of a less direct Aktion T4, then. What nice people.

That thread is pretty bleak reading. 

When it comes to welfare state I'm a big fan and whilst we should look to make sure the money goes to the correct people I'd rather 1000 undeserving people got benefits than 1 person that needs them is not supported.

• Like 1