Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Has he gone yet? Referring to either Maddison or Rudkin, be original please, not a sheep, baaaaaaaaa! Seriously though it's been said a thousand times so stop being a sheep! 

Edited by Sir Shep
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Suzie the Fox said:

The fact that my phone after about 20 mins of reading it in the sun, it dims itself until i cant see shit on the screen.

Need to put it in the shade for a while till its able to be read from again. Why is that.  

Go to your brightness settings and you will notice it's on Auto. This is what changes it based on the ambient light it detects. Turn that off and it will stay at what you set it to. 

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Go to your brightness settings and you will notice it's on Auto. This is what changes it based on the ambient light it detects. Turn that off and it will stay at what you set it to. 

Damn I thought you was on a winner there. But sadly it’s already off :(  

FF693CF5-5964-49D7-86DA-6AABE22FC334.png

• Sad 1

23 hours ago, Sir Shep said:

Has he gone yet? Referring to either Maddison or Rudkin, be original please, not a sheep, baaaaaaaaa! Seriously though it's been said a thousand times so stop being a sheep! 

This was 10x worse with Rodgers. 

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

It’s currently taking 2 hours 53mins to get the train from Leeds to Birmingham direct with no changes. That’s absolutely absurd. 

Pretty sure there isn't a line that connects Leeds with Brum so its either going out towards Manchester and down or down to Leicester and across.

3 minutes ago, LiberalFox said:

Pretty sure there isn't a line that connects Leeds with Brum so its either going out towards Manchester and down or down to Leicester and across.

I’m not sure about the line, but it stops at Sheff and then joins the Derby/Tamworth route etc, never goes as far over as Leicester. It’s usually just over 2 hours and that’s palatable I’m not sure where the extra near 45 mins is coming from. 

It only usually takes 3 hours to get to Bristol on the same bloody train! 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 1

Evri put three parcels over the garden gate earlier.

One for me. 

One for someone up the road (he left a card saying he had mistakenly delivered it, why he didn’t actually open the gate and take it back I don’t know) Have tried to play the good neighbour and drop it round three times, two cars in the driveway but no answer. So whatever they have ordered from shein can just stay undelivered.

Finally a small mp3 player thing for someone I’ve never heard of but apparently lives at my address. 

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

People using cancer in a context to describe something that isn't actually related to cancer. Recent examples on here, cancer within the club, cancer of the forum.

Absolutely.

Really random for them to say.

And yet the poster who made such a comment doesn't why they got warning points..

55 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Absolutely.

Really random for them to say.

And yet the poster who made such a comment doesn't why they got warning points..

He gets it - he just doesn't agree with the reasoning. Next time he will say 'malignant and tumerous' to avoid people seeking to take offence.

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

People using cancer in a context to describe something that isn't actually related to cancer. Recent examples on here, cancer within the club, cancer of the forum.

Yes, loathe that phrase.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

He gets it - he just doesn't agree with the reasoning. Next time he will say 'malignant and tumerous' to avoid people seeking to take offence.

Why be sarcastic about it? Just hold your hands up and be like yeah it's a bit grim calling a mentality on this forum a cancer.

18 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Why be sarcastic about it? Just hold your hands up and be like yeah it's a bit grim calling a mentality on this forum a cancer.

I wasn't being sarcastic. I accept some people don't like it, so despite my difference of opinion, I will respect what's been said and next time I will alter my wording. Happy to concede it might be too close to the bone for some, not prepared to take responsibility for others taking offence.

I'm not going to say something to order - what worth would that have? It would be pretty disingenuous, after all.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I wasn't being sarcastic. I accept some people don't like it, so despite my difference of opinion, I will respect what's been said and next time I will alter my wording. Happy to concede it might be too close to the bone for some, not prepared to take responsibility for others taking offence.

I'm not going to say something to order - what worth would that have? It would be pretty disingenuous, after all.

The "malignant and tumerous" remark comes across extremely sarcastic. Also aware of the term being used in other instances but for such trivial issues it seems very unnecessary and I'll happily take offence (I won't call out as to why especially not publically, firstly it's not the place and because you seemingly aren't bothered about causing offence and it wouldn't reflect well on yourself)

I don't actually want you to say those things now, but more a point to say that's probably a more reasoned response.

Edited by Tommy Fresh

1 minute ago, ozleicester said:
an evil or destructive practice or phenomenon that is hard to contain or eradicate.
"gambling is a cancer sweeping across the nation"

Assuming that definition stems from the disease though? Also the example is using a serious subject, the point is it being used on trivial matters.