Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Most charity shops, if not all, have no CCTV or any security presence as it is a cost burden. 

Is it really that much of a burden? Even for a cheap set of equipment? 

Given how targeted they get, or even a dummy set may deter some. 

On 05/06/2023 at 22:08, leicsmac said:

Yep, absolutely agreed.

It's not like it's all about an issue that the global scientific corps has been warning about for decades, the world still isn't quite managing to grasp properly, and will have consequences that will affect more people than any other catastrophe other than an asteroid strike, supervolcanic eruption or all-out nuclear exchange.

.................. right?

NB. The methods used by them are clearly ineffective when it comes to actually generating the political response needed, but if anyone has a solution that would result in such a response in the time we have, I'd be all ears - because frankly talking in a calm and reasonable tone of voice has been tried for rather a long time and not enough people with power are listening (or listening and doing).

I know you will keep going anyway Mac but I don't think someone comparing the protestors mentioned with paedophiles is worth your time.

6 hours ago, Parafox said:

People stealing from charity shops. We have had around £80 of new goods taken in the last couple of weeks. We have no idea of donated stock that gets taken as only new goods can be subject to a stock-take

Most charity shops, if not all, have no CCTV or any security presence as it is a cost burden. 

Maybe this should be in the Absolute ***** topic.

Makes me wonder how down on their luck someone must be to steal from a charity.

The absolute ***** arent neccessarilly the thieves

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I know you will keep going anyway Mac but I don't think someone comparing the protestors mentioned with paedophiles is worth your time.

Yeah, I agree.

I said what I said for the benefit of everyone else more than the person themselves, because if dross like that doesn't get challenged, perhaps other people reading it start being OK with it.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ozleicester said:

Makes me wonder how down on their luck someone must be to steal from a charity.

The absolute ***** arent neccessarilly the thieves

I don't think people who shoplift rationalise it being a charity shop or not. They just see it as an opportunity in front of them, regardless of who they're stealing from. 

14 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is it really that much of a burden? Even for a cheap set of equipment? 

Given how targeted they get, or even a dummy set may deter some. 

I agree but it seems to be policy not to have them, certainly in our case.

How the @#*@# can you not notice you've done this wrong? People's lack of attention to detail when doing work for you really does grind my gears.

This is one of 6 things being redone from yesterday's jobs :mad:

20230614_190257.jpg

Edited by FoyleFox

38 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

How the @#*@# can you not notice you've done this wrong? People's lack of attention to detail when doing work for you really does grind my gears.

This is one of 6 things being redone from yesterday's jobs :mad:

20230614_190257.jpg

As a great philosopher once said, "f**k it, that'll do"

Edited by Zear0

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

People touching themselves and tweaking their nipples at the prospect of us becoming Sportswashing FC’s youth team.

We already are to quite a big extent. People romanticise Vichai and King Power and bury their head in the sand about King Power’s links to the Thai absolute monarchy/dictatorship, the Thai military and some of their crackdowns.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Sampson said:

We already are to quite a big extent. People romanticise Vichai and King Power and bury their head in the sand about King Power’s links to the Thai absolute monarchy/dictatorship, the Thai military and some of their crackdowns.

True

24 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Happy "say something nice about your dad on Facebook but supposedly not in person" day 

I'm not a fan of people shoving stuff on social media. It's like if you didn't tell the world then you never did it.

But that said in terms of seeing your dad on Father's day, or mum on mother's day for that matter, it's down to circumstances surely. People move around a lot more now, have their own families etc. My dad has passed away, but were he alive, he'd be in Leicester, my sister lives in Huddersfield and her husbands parents are in Edinburgh, and her and husband have got kids of their own. Who gets the special fathers day treatment, Leicester dad, Scotland dad or do they just have their own day? Even if you're local to your parents in might be a challenge fitting all the visits in. So I doesn't need to be on Facebook, but it doesn't not need to either, people can do as they please, but also there's nothing wrong with not seeing your Dad on Father's day.

39 minutes ago, Stinkenzo said:

Happy "say something nice about your dad on Facebook but supposedly not in person" day 

are you disappointed in people who dont follow the "hallmark" day traditions?

3 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

I'm not a fan of people shoving stuff on social media. It's like if you didn't tell the world then you never did it.

But that said in terms of seeing your dad on Father's day, or mum on mother's day for that matter, it's down to circumstances surely. People move around a lot more now, have their own families etc. My dad has passed away, but were he alive, he'd be in Leicester, my sister lives in Huddersfield and her husbands parents are in Edinburgh, and her and husband have got kids of their own. Who gets the special fathers day treatment, Leicester dad, Scotland dad or do they just have their own day? Even if you're local to your parents in might be a challenge fitting all the visits in. So I doesn't need to be on Facebook, but it doesn't not need to either, people can do as they please, but also there's nothing wrong with not seeing your Dad on Father's day.

It's weird if their dad isn't even on Facebook to see it though. People can do whatever they want of course but your first paragraph sums it up for me. 

As for the rest, "in person" was probably used a bit loosely but I just mean a phone call or even a text. The presentation infront of friends and family on Facebook is just something I've found odd. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Benguin said:

People who tinker with their cars to make them loud. Nothing worse than finally getting your cranky baby to sleep when some moron whizzes down the road with a lawnmower engine.

I have always found them annoying but I have a new found hatred for it. What’s the point? Do they know everyone hates them? 

Quite. Many many years ago when I lived at home we had an absolute helmet a few doors down who had a clapped out Mitsubishi who claimed he had to let the thing idle for 20 minutes before and after his commute to work. Real pain was he worked nights. 

• Like 1