Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, LCFCCHRIS said:

Have to say I agree with leaving a bit of a bigger gap in a queue. Not a ridiculously large one but I despise those that insist on being 30cm behind you in a supermarket queue. You're not going to get through any faster. 

I once had someone behind me start loading their shopping on the conveyor belt before I'd even finished doing mine. 

Just went to buy some aftershave from a shop and the in store price was €20 more than the web. The girl working there left it on the side for me

They said oh don’t worry you can do a click and collect, and you can pick it up immediately after you get the confirmation email. 

Waited 20 mins for them to put the same aftershave bottle into a bag and hand it me 😂 absolutely pointless exercise. No idea why it’s cheaper on the web, surely the transport costs alone should make it more expensive 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I once had someone behind me start loading their shopping on the conveyor belt before I'd even finished doing mine. 

I was in a hurry and running behind that day though. 

Registering for NHS online services such as booking an appointment with a GP. What a nightmare if you don't have an ipad or iphone. I've just spent about 2 hours registering using an old laptop. The trickiest part is the last bit - providing a decent image of one's driving licence or passport, and recording oneself reading out a 4-digit number. Maybe everyone else can cope with all this stuff, but for oldies like me, it's all extremely stressful and not what you want when you're feeling lousy anyway. And having done all that, they still take up to 24 hours before approving the application.

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Is it Jannik Vestergaard?

Hmmm 

He was very tall. 

Like supernaturally tall. 

And a bit of a cvnt initially. So could be. 

Had I casually tossed a football towards him and he immediately shrunk to about 4’ 3” then it would have confirmed it. 

I’m deffo taking a ball to my next theatre trip just in case. 

• Haha 1

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-65923956

"....But Kristan Hawkins was relentless. And she had a job to do, she was going to see the end of Roe v Wade, overturning the national right to abortion that had been protected for nearly half a century.

Last June, she was successful. Pro-choice advocates say that her activism since then has already helped cut off abortion access for around 20 million women, and pushed the country into a public health crisis.

But Hawkins has a new, more ambitious goal: she wants to make abortion unthinkable and unavailable across the US."

....Hawkins is also more outspoken, more outwardly conservative, on other abortion-related issues. She opposes exceptions for rape and incest. And she opposes several forms of birth control, including oral contraceptives, a position another anti-abortion leader privately called "unhelpful".

...is misguided fanatic the correct term, here?

47 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

"....But Kristan Hawkins was relentless. And she had a job to do, she was going to see the end of Roe v Wade, overturning the national right to abortion that had been protected for nearly half a century.

Last June, she was successful. Pro-choice advocates say that her activism since then has already helped cut off abortion access for around 20 million women, and pushed the country into a public health crisis.

But Hawkins has a new, more ambitious goal: she wants to make abortion unthinkable and unavailable across the US."

....Hawkins is also more outspoken, more outwardly conservative, on other abortion-related issues. She opposes exceptions for rape and incest. And she opposes several forms of birth control, including oral contraceptives, a position another anti-abortion leader privately called "unhelpful".

The term you're looking for is c.u.n.t.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

It’s okay.

Every group has at least one

Edited by marbles

I read that story earlier. As usual with American extremists (and that's what she is) she's been brainwashed by religion and a lack of understanding of the science behind things. Another dangerous moron who wants to hurt and control women. Unfortunately people like that are not in short supply in the US. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Agreed. Unfortunately, at the moment this one is getting exactly what she wants, which suggests there is rather a few more than one.

Not sure how okay that is.

The "its okay" meaning,  no matter what the cause, there are radical nutjobs out there so it really isn't surprising any more

2 hours ago, marbles said:

The "its okay" meaning,  no matter what the cause, there are radical nutjobs out there so it really isn't surprising any more

Oh yeah, certainly not surprising.

But still concerning because as this time word is being matched by deed.

9 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Oh yeah, certainly not surprising.

But still concerning because as this time word is being matched by deed.

Its horrifying really.  America seems to have more than its fair share of religious zealots, and more than its fair share of Republicans who go along.

5 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its horrifying really.  America seems to have more than its fair share of religious zealots, and more than its fair share of Republicans who go along.

I feel no pleasure in knowing (and saying) that this was all coming the day that Trump got elected - of course, that was howled out by the "legitimate concerns" crowd.

Here's hoping the blackslide doesn't last too long and doesn't cost too many innocent people harm.

19 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

I feel no pleasure in knowing (and saying) that this was all coming the day that Trump got elected - of course, that was howled out by the "legitimate concerns" crowd.

Here's hoping the blackslide doesn't last too long and doesn't cost too many innocent people harm.

Trump has wound up some idiots, but the divisions were there long before him.  I read an interesting analysis that the mobility of Americans around the country is a key driver of the echo chamber - they relocate for work, move to areas which look like them politically, and the divide gets worse over time. Areas are either Red or Blue, and therefore politicians can play to one side and still win.  The swing states get fewer and fewer and we end up with this move to the extremes.  That said **** knows why the Dems can't put a decent candidate up these days as they have a clear national majority.

Edited by Jon the Hat

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Trump has wound up some idiots, but the divisions were there long before him.  I read an interesting analysis that the mobility of Americans around the country is a key driver of the echo chamber - they relocate for work, move to areas which look like them politically, and the divide gets worse over time. Areas are either Red or Blue, and therefore politicians can play to one side and still win.  The swing states get fewer and fewer and we end up with this move to the extremes.  That said **** knows why the Dems can't put a decent candidate up these days as they have a clear national majority.

I actually think the divisions were healing up until around the recession in 2008, when they became much more profound, but it took time for that to be apparent. The response in 2016 of many Americans to other Americans electing a black man in 2008 was testament to that.

I would certainly agree with the division based on location - it's not North and South anymore, it's Urban and Rural, which would mean any kind of civil conflict would be really ugly.

You do wonder what is going on over there when the two candidates put up to lead the country are Biden and Trump and will likely be so again next year (hopefully the latter is a convicted felon by then, though).