Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

43 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

So the majority of people who follow the advice on the bottle to refrigerate it are weirdos?

I also see you've COMPLETELY ignored the valid point of dipping a lovely hot chip into some lovely cold ketchup.

Absolutely, I always pour cold water over my chips first so they don't heat up the ketchup.

YOU'RE BEING MENTAL.

Shit. Did I just go full caps-loc? I think ketchup should join politics in the "Not allowed to be spoken about on FT" list. It's not good, it's too divisive. It's driving us all to teeter up to the edge of the brink of a precipice.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Captain... said:

But do you want to put cold ketchup directly on your hot food? 

Yes? You're having it in a burger or fish finger sandwich or you're a wrong'un, and its lovely and fresh with that contrast 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Oh fvck off. 

Nobody - NOBODY - calls ketchup anything other than ketchup. You’d have to be some kind of psychopath or something. 

Red sauce? Are you even from the UK or are you from space?

Mods: ban FFF. Ban him/her/they hard. 

:whistle: I have a habit of calling it Tommy T. **** knows what the T stands for

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Dunking a nice, hot, salty chip in lovely cold red sauce - the dream.

The thought of room temperature sauce makes me shiver.

Finally someone with some sense.

...is what I would be saying if you didn't call it red sauce! Didn't you know no one calls it that?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, lcfc278 said:

On TalkSport last night Darren Bent was saying he keeps his butter in the cupboard - might just be me but that was a new one I'd not heard before, surely it goes a bit soft/melty and weird in the cupboard and maybe doesn't last as long, does anyone else do this?

Feels like weird behaviour.

Butter in the fridge, surely?! 

4 hours ago, Captain... said:

But do you want to put cold ketchup directly on your hot food? 

Doesn't have to be directly on it... 

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Butter in the fridge, surely?! 

Doesn't have to be directly on it... 

Granted dipping into ketchup alleviates the problem somewhat. However, nice hot bacon sandwich + a good dollop of Ketchup from the fridge = cold bacon sandwich. No thanks.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Captain... said:

Granted dipping into ketchup alleviates the problem somewhat. However, nice hot bacon sandwich + a good dollop of Ketchup from the fridge = cold bacon sandwich. No thanks.

I mean first of all bacon is garbage, but also how does your sandwich immediately go cold with a bit of sauce?

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

I mean first of all bacon is garbage, but also how does your sandwich immediately go cold with a bit of sauce?

I mean first of all it is not garbage you absolute heathen.

Putting something cold on something hot, makes hot thing colder.

1 minute ago, Captain... said:

I mean first of all it is not garbage you absolute heathen.

Putting something cold on something hot, makes hot thing colder.

Bacon is for Reddit nerds, it's shit food.

Doesn't make it cold though, makes it cooler

2 hours ago, The Doctor said:

One for the unpopular opinions thread there!

A proper bacon sandwich, fully crispy bacon,  none of your just showing it the grill malarkey, is an absolute gift from the gods.

Edited by FoyleFox

5 hours ago, tom27111 said:

No. Not for proper butter, that goes in your butter dish.

You can't spread butter from the fridge.

4 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, if you're using proper butter you can't keep the bloody stuff in the fridge and expect to be able to spread it, I would have thought that obvious.

3 hours ago, The Doctor said:

If you want your bread to be a hollowed out crust, otherwise no

Someone needs to invent a butter fridge where the butter is kept at the best temperature for easy spreading whilst preventing it becoming butter slop in warm weather.

Back in the day my Nan, had a cold shelf in a larder which seemed to be pretty much ideal. Larder was always cool as it was in the depths of the kitchen and the shelf was made of stone (?marble) which maintained a pretty constant temperature.

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, FoyleFox said:

One for the unpopular opinions thread there!

A proper bacon sandwich, fully crispy bacon,  none of your just showing it the grill malarkey, is an absolute gift from the gods.

Fully prepared to die on that hill, bacon is just far too fatty and greasy. Turkey Bacon is the superior bacon