Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 minutes ago, Danizen said:

When managers say banal things like,  'we want players with the right quality and character' as if they need to say that.

I can't wait for the day a manager says, 'What I'm looking for is a useless cvnt who can't kick a ball straight. If he's a gobshite as well, that's a bonus.'

we already have those though

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, The Blur said:

The overuse of  new Foxestalk buzz word Revisionism 

It is basically high brow but rude way of saying your imaginary opinion is worth jackshit.

That’s not what you said last year. 

• Haha 1

Got a young lad at work this week on work experience. Naturally it's July so we've got a bunch of people on holiday so we've got cnc mills, cnc lathes, manual mills and lathes, hell even the grinder, all sitting free doing nothing. A perfect opportunity to get this kid interested in the job by teaching him to make something out of scrap to take home and show his parents, instead we've got him sat on a cnc lathe running off what are essentially fancy washers, probably the most boring, mind numbing job in the whole place. 

What a waste. 

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Eni Aluko. Massive racist. 

I dont know if shes racist but she comes across as a bit of an arsehole. 

That Declan Rice opinion was complete nonsense, then Paddy Kenny called her out saying it was BS then she DMed him giving it the big I am 'I've had a great playing career and on all these media outlets where you arent'.

Oddly enough she seemed alright on tv generally up to then.

16 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I dont know if shes racist but she comes across as a bit of an arsehole. 

That Declan Rice opinion was complete nonsense, then Paddy Kenny called her out saying it was BS then she DMed him giving it the big I am 'I've had a great playing career and on all these media outlets where you arent'.

Oddly enough she seemed alright on tv generally up to then.

She’s accusing people of being racist because they’re white. That’s racist.  

Just now, Finnegan said:

I've always thought she was a raging nob head to be honest. Even during her playing career she seemed exceptionally arrogant. Touch of the Megan Rapinoes, "it's all about me."

Substitute ‘me’ for ‘she’ and ‘posting’ instead of ‘playing’ and you’ve summed me up nicely. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

What's happened?! 

I'm not really sure why racism has been dragged in to it but the short version is:

1. She went on talkSPORT and said something typically talkSPORT and dumb, that Arteta asked Pep to bid on Rice to encourage Arsenal to actually match West Hams asking price. 

2. Football social media reacted predictably going "erm what?" 

3. Aluko singled out Paddy Kenny for some reason of all the people that laughed at her and sent him a bunch of insecure DMs essentially saying his opinion doesn't count because she's worked in TV punditry for bt, sky, BBC, etc and he hasn't so his opinion apparently doesn't count. 

4. Kenny did what a lot of us would and published the DMs publicly for a laugh making her look a right plonker. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'm not really sure why racism has been dragged in to it but the short version is:

1. She went on talkSPORT and said something typically talkSPORT and dumb, that Arteta asked Pep to bid on Rice to encourage Arsenal to actually match West Hams asking price. 

2. Football social media reacted predictably going "erm what?" 

3. Aluko singled out Paddy Kenny for some reason of all the people that laughed at her and sent him a bunch of insecure DMs essentially saying his opinion doesn't count because she's worked in TV punditry for bt, sky, BBC, etc and he hasn't so his opinion apparently doesn't count. 

4. Kenny did what a lot of us would and published the DMs publicly for a laugh making her look a right plonker. 

I've never liked her and think she comes across a bit arrogant and up herself as a pundit, but where's the racism... 

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I've never liked her and think she comes across a bit arrogant and up herself as a pundit, but where's the racism... 

She said she'd received racist and misogynistic abuse after saying what she said about the Rice transfer. 

Which, knowing the internet, she probably has. In fact, knowing the internet, it wouldn't surprise me if she gets racist and sexist abuse every time she goes on the TV or radio. I don't particularly like her but I do have some sympathy, I imagine it becomes very draining. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, StanSP said:

10 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

She said she'd received racist and misogynistic abuse after saying what she said about the Rice transfer. 

Which, knowing the internet, she probably has. In fact, knowing the internet, it wouldn't surprise me if she gets racist and sexist abuse every time she goes on the TV or radio. I don't particularly like her but I do have some sympathy, I imagine it becomes very draining. 

It's also a fact that some folks are bound and determined to see a person of colour acting something like a numpty in the modern era (even giving prejudiced views) and centuries of systematic, institutionalised and mechanised-for-the-purpose-of-business oppression of POC as somehow close to equivalent and one being as bad as the other, because...reasons, I guess?

15 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

1 minute ago, leicsmac said:

It's also a fact that some folks are bound and determined to see a person of colour acting something like a numpty in the modern era (even giving prejudiced views) and centuries of systematic, institutionalised and mechanised-for-the-purpose-of-business oppression of POC as somehow close to equivalent and one being as bad as the other, because...reasons, I guess?

Sorry, I meant to ask where's the racism from her? Posts above indicated she was a 'massive racist' but from what I've seen, I don't see it? 

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry, I meant to ask where's the racism from her? Posts above indicated she was a 'massive racist' but from what I've seen, I don't see it? 

That with what I know I can't comment on beyond what I've said above, sadly. Hopefully you'll get an elaboration from someone else.