Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Sorry, I meant to ask where's the racism from her? Posts above indicated she was a 'massive racist' but from what I've seen, I don't see it? 

Out of curiosity I've just read the Mail and Express write ups of the incident and even they haven't tried to either directly or indirectly accuse Aluko of being racist or calling all white people racist. 

She has obviously said that the abuse she got was racist and misogynistic but I didn't take that to mean "people are only disagreeing with me because I'm black/a woman" I took it to mean "I've had a lot of racist and misogynistic comments aimed at me because I said something they dislike" which isn't exactly surprising sadly. 

• Like 3

I don't understand why celebs go on Twitter and the like. I don't get it. Why subject yourself to the inevitable hate? Why not employ someone to run your socials if you insist on having a presence?

16 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I don't understand why celebs go on Twitter and the like. I don't get it. Why subject yourself to the inevitable hate? Why not employ someone to run your socials if you insist on having a presence?

The same reason everyone else is on there. A mixture of narcissism and addiction. 

Just now, Finnegan said:

The same reason everyone else is on there. A mixture of narcissism and addiction. 

But if I were a politician or commentator or somesuch, like fvck would I wade through tons of abuse. I can post bollocks while pissed or be abusive and it doesn't lose me my income or kill my career - not so for them.

35 minutes ago, Daggers said:

But if I were a politician or commentator or somesuch, like fvck would I wade through tons of abuse. I can post bollocks while pissed or be abusive and it doesn't lose me my income or kill my career - not so for them.

I dunno in some of your moods you'd absolutely be rejoicing in the conflict to be honest. But you'd definitely be cancelled after 15 minutes. 

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

The abuse wouldn't stop even if someone was running it for them...

Working from home today and tomorrow, the Internet went down at 9:45 and hasn't come back on.

Spoke to Sky who advise it's a problem with the green box down the road and it could take 2 days to resolve, but they'll make sure to send me a text message when it's sorted!

Mate got me a cricket ticket last year for Eng vs NZ in Sept this year. 

£51.

I paid my mate back then when he bought the tickets originally.

I now can't go, so feel I've given my mate more than enough notice to find someone else to go. 

He's now sold it on for £45, ignoring that I paid full price. It's more principle for me because £6 isn't massive obviously, but surely offer/sell it at face value and not do me out of money I've paid out already :dunno:

6 minutes ago, bmt said:

I had to sell a ticket to England vs NZ in the cricket for £45 because my mate can't go anymore, and only told me this close to the game! Thought I should get rid sharpish to avoid having the empty seat 

Your mate sounds like a plastic cricket supporter. 

• Haha 1

Insurer increases cover (and premium) for renewal without asking

Insurer sends email to this effect.

Email contains link to contact them to opt out of increase.

I use said link to contact them.

Insurer emails me to say they can't deal with the query raised by email.

Fxxking eejits 

9 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

Insurer increases cover (and premium) for renewal without asking

Insurer sends email to this effect.

Email contains link to contact them to opt out of increase.

I use said link to contact them.

Insurer emails me to say they can't deal with the query raised by email.

Fxxking eejits 

Love insurance companies. I called one on Monday to cancel a policy, within the 14 day cancellation period, where a full refund without penalty is permitted. 

Email an hour later charging me £70.

On 05/07/2023 at 21:22, TJQuik said:

Not the poor white boys, won't someone think about their feelings?

I would suggest someone needs to think of the white boys, whose lower socio-economic groups have the worst education and employment outcomes of any demographic, and who are at most risk of falling under the influence of the far right and that Tate twat.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I would suggest someone needs to think of the white boys, whose lower socio-economic groups have the worst education and employment outcomes of any demographic, and who are at most risk of falling under the influence of the far right and that Tate twat.  

Certainly.

The same care and attention and empathy we should show to any demographic that has shown themselves vulnerable to radicalisation. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case.

39 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Certainly.

The same care and attention and empathy we should show to any demographic that has shown themselves vulnerable to radicalisation. Unfortunately, that isn't always the case.

Indeed, but we should avoid the view that because the white youth is the majority it is automatically fine.

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

I see, I wasn't aware that if they're called white boys by a black woman who gets endless racist and sexist abuse they would turn into Andrew Tate fans. She should be more careful about what she says then

I know we live in an age of digital miscommunication, it often happens on here. Sometimes people aren't clear or things get misinterpreted. I worry if I've done it. But...

On Monday, I sent the following message to a client,

"I've sent the request to X, as they are an independent body I don't know how quickly they'll process it, but you will receive an email within 15 working days".

I thought that was clear?

I've had a "I haven't had an email yet" message this morning from said client, obviously I wasn't clear.

1 minute ago, FoyleFox said:

I know we live in an age of digital miscommunication, it often happens on here. Sometimes people aren't clear or things get misinterpreted. I worry if I've done it. But...

On Monday, I sent the following message to a client,

"I've sent the request to X, as they are an independent body I don't know how quickly they'll process it, but you will receive an email within 15 working days".

I thought that was clear?

I've had a "I haven't had an email yet" message this morning from said client, obviously I wasn't clear.

I find it really difficult to reply to these types of emails without sounding incredibly sarcastic. I also find myself writing "As per my previous email" too many times than should ever be necessary lol