Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

23 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I find it really difficult to reply to these types of emails without sounding incredibly sarcastic. I also find myself writing "As per my previous email" too many times than should ever be necessary lol

Chap who owes me a not inconsiderable sum wrote this morning to apologise not settling the invoices because “I’ve been snowed under”.

I felt proper sorry for him. It can’t be easy to be snowed under. In turn, I’m currently writing my letter to the bank explaining that this is the reason my account could be healthier. I’m sure, like me, they will find this completely reasonable. 

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Chap who owes me a not inconsiderable sum wrote this morning to apologise not settling the invoices because “I’ve been snowed under”.

I felt proper sorry for him. It can’t be easy to be snowed under. In turn, I’m currently writing my letter to the bank explaining that this is the reason my account could be healthier. I’m sure, like me, they will find this completely reasonable. 

I refuse to believe he’s snowed under in this weather. ****in liar ! 

41 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I find it really difficult to reply to these types of emails without sounding incredibly sarcastic. I also find myself writing "As per my previous email" too many times than should ever be necessary lol

I suppose the response 

“You are a nob - just testing to see if you are actually capable of reading and comprehending simple communications” 

may not achieve the best results ! 

3 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I suppose the response 

“You are a nob - just testing to see if you are actually capable of reading and comprehending simple communications” 

may not achieve the best results ! 

Yes, unfortunately what I'd like to write and what I need to write to keep my job are two very different things lol

4 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've pretty much copied and pasted the initial email. Because anything else was exceedingly sarcastic or blunt - "it's a 3rd party so I've no fuching idea and it's nowhere near 15 working days?  are you thick?" 🙄😫

In part, the problem is I know that the person receiving is quite dim 😂

8 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I've pretty much copied and pasted the initial email. Because anything else was exceedingly sarcastic or blunt - "it's a 3rd party so I've no fuching idea and it's nowhere near 15 working days?  are you thick?" 🙄😫

In part, the problem is I know that the person receiving is quite dim 😂

Yes I copy and paste a lot too!

Funnily enough not long after you posted, I had an email from someone asking if they would receive a new invoice. This was a reply to my email telling them I'd attached their new invoice to the email lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Yes I copy and paste a lot too!

Funnily enough not long after you posted, I had an email from someone asking if they would receive a new invoice. This was a reply to my email telling them I'd attached their new invoice to the email lol

We'll file that one with the email I received from my Accountant after I queried the salary figures she'd added to my tax return. The figures didn't match mine so, she asked where I'd got mine from. I've forwarded the email she sent to me,  with said figures....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Phil Tufnell. Not sure why can't stand his voice on TMS and always looks like he's pi$$Ed.

I love the fact his nickname is 'The Cat'

Not because he's agile and took outstanding catches, but because he sleeps 16 hours a day lol

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

TMS generally.  Absolute garbage.  Cook is woeful, he can barely speak.  

Used to love TMS back in the day. National institution really.

Now, there doesn't seem to be the same mix of characters, knowledge, story telling and humour, in addition to the actual commentary, in the TMS box any more.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Now, there doesn't seem to be the same mix of characters, knowledge, story telling and humour, in addition to the actual commentary, in the TMS box any more.

It's a shame, really.

That being said, I've used Guerilla Cricket for years - not geoblocked and a good blend of knowledge and humour. They even landed an interview with Ricky Ponting not long ago, which is pretty major for a few-guy indie setup.

Edited by leicsmac
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I feel that the attempted banter on TMS feels very forced.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Daggers said:

Snowed under making a stack of cash to pay you back no doubt. Give him 7 days and then send the bailiffs round 

Edited by CrazyKopCorner

7 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

6 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

55 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I feel that the attempted banter on TMS feels very forced.

I still enjoy TMS. Agree that Cook struggles with his words at times and I even wondered if he has some sort of speaking disorder - very odd.

Tuffers is an old drunk but an easy listen and Aggers steadies the ship. Quite like Jim Maxwell even though he's an Aussie.

Can't really knock 8 hours of solid cricket chat each day with no adverts tbh.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

I still enjoy TMS. Agree that Cook struggles with his words at times and I even wondered if he has some sort of speaking disorder - very odd.

Tuffers is an old drunk but an easy listen and Aggers steadies the ship. Quite like Jim Maxwell even though he's an Aussie.

Can't really knock 8 hours of solid cricket chat each day with no adverts tbh.

Agreed.

BBC has gone more diverse over the last decade and tried to remove the 'old white men' I.e. Boycott, Blofeld etc...

Don't get me wrong I'm all for differing opinions but a few just aren't suited to the radio I.e. chef.

I like Maxwell & Mcgrath as they both offer something different & Ponting for Sky is very good as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ozleicester said:

The concept of larger or smaller infinities

r/mathmemes - hmmm

There's also the hotel analogy. 

If a hotel has infinite rooms and they're all full, what do you do when a bus load of infinite guests arrives wanting rooms?

Simple, you move every current guest that's in an even numbered room along one, into an odd numbered room, and then house the new guests in all the now empty even numbered rooms. Two sets of infinities,  larger combined than the original one. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Can you ask your GP to be referred to have your tonsils out? 

I'm considering it. My dad had his output that was 50 years ago and I gather they're less keen to do it these days.

First two times were grim, next two times not so bad and back to grim again.