Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

12 minutes ago, ajthefox said:

I'm considering it. My dad had his output that was 50 years ago and I gather they're less keen to do it these days.

First two times were grim, next two times not so bad and back to grim again.

Had mine done about 10 years ago, roughly 3 bouts of tonsillitis within a year, just over. 

Ended up having 2 weeks off work (recommended by the doc!) while IPL was on lol

• Like 1

Severn Trent.

Station lane in Thurnby has had closures now for o er 2 months.

Theres a school there so you can imagine the mayhem, it's like a third world country at times.

Now considering 7 Trent are doing works there you would think that a leak in the middle of the road would be repaired within a week?

No chance.

Still gushing out water and then all residents get texts stating the bloomin obvious that it's being repaired.

Go for a run this morning and no workmen there and it's still gushing.

No doubt we will get a hosepipe ban in August though and will have to bail 7Trent out when they cant pay their massive dividends and are billions in debt.

We are being taken for mugs.

Rant over.

43 minutes ago, Corky said:

Sun cream. No issue with using it for safety reasons but just a horrible texture. Not great, too, as someone with rougher skin.

Agreed. I can't go any higher than SPF30 or its like trying to rub matonaisse into your skin. 

5 minutes ago, FoyleFox said:

I'm all in favour of internet site security but, is it really necessary for Amazon to text me, email me and for Alexa to send me a notification every time I log in....I'm even using the same laptop each time, FFS!

Similar for me just in Subway as I stopped in for a coffee. I haven't been in for a few weeks so the app has logged me out (naturally!). Luckily the phone remembers the login, only to be met by "verify your account. We have sent an email with a code". FFS why?!! It's the same phone I've always used. And 30 mins later and 3 attempts at resending the code I've had nothing! Twats. 

12 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Similar for me just in Subway as I stopped in for a coffee. I haven't been in for a few weeks so the app has logged me out (naturally!). Luckily the phone remembers the login, only to be met by "verify your account. We have sent an email with a code". FFS why?!! It's the same phone I've always used. And 30 mins later and 3 attempts at resending the code I've had nothing! Twats. 

Conversely, Amazon allow me access via my phone without any notifications whatsoever. That's not to say I've not had exactly your experience with other apps....the app for my car does it regularly!

27 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Non Americans saying or writing y'all. Get in the bin

After returning to Oz from our time in Leicester....we introduced "yallrite?" to our vernacular.

More recently, we have begun using "kaya" a local indigenous word as our greeting.

I quite like keeping language alive and changing, and lets be honest, most of the language we use  today has been well and truly bastardised from whenever we say it was originally created :)

Edit.

lôc mîn lêoflic êower uferian wilcumian st¯ælan reahtigan mid trêowð   

Edited by ozleicester
  • Like 1

Linked to the Amazon issues, multi factor authentication overload on certain websites is complete overkill.

I get it when there is a transaction happening or there is some sensitive information but due to procurement chain nonsense loads of websites with logins have them even if it is somewhere you need to log in just to read a few articles.

• Like 2

It's tough one re: online security. I've had people trying to jigsaw my ID and steal my phone number and hack all my accounts. 

It's truly terrifying when you see this happening to you in real time.

After this experience, which is ongoing, I am truly grateful for all online security now.

Use 2 factor authentication where you can and different passwords for all the important stuff. 

• Like 1