Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

The idea the championship is this ultra-physical league. It’s not more physical than the PL

The only logic I have on why people think this is that the premier league is skilled and physical. Since the championship was traditionally less skillful, people focus on its physicality and then wrongly assume its more physical than the pl as a result.

• Like 1

Been looking at a car I am interested in and looked at the cost of changing the car on my insurance, they want £70 to amend the policy, robbing, thieving, swindling, conning, cheating, money grabbing tossers

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Been looking at a car I am interested in and looked at the cost of changing the car on my insurance, they want £70 to amend the policy, robbing, thieving, swindling, conning, cheating, money grabbing tossers

Insurance companies - recruitment consultants without a soul 

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

Recruitment consultants. Basically spam bots in human form.

I remember one I dealt with years ago who demanded references from current employers before jobs were even applied for without understanding the logic of how that might be a little difficult. Apparently I was the first person ever who raised this point with them.....

• Haha 3

18 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

The amount/lack of cancer research funding that is dedicated to childhood cancers

I work in a field similar to this, and I was shocked at just how many cancer's there are, and all vastly differential from each other. It's also so much harder to test and trial on childhood cancers 

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Vac packed mince is undoubtedly the worst thing that's ever happened in the history of the human race.

Yeah it looks shite. I normally like to buy the free-flow bags. I don't like the big blocks which take ages to break up when cooking. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Vac packed mince is undoubtedly the worst thing that's ever happened in the history of the human race.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Yeah it looks shite. I normally like to buy the free-flow bags. I don't like the big blocks which take ages to break up when cooking. 

Getting it from a local butcher (if possible) is much better.

Less fatty and less salty. Might cost a tad more, but the quality of the meat if cooked well turns out so much better compared to shop-bought mince.

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

Getting it from a local butcher (if possible) is much better.

Less fatty and less salty. Might cost a tad more, but the quality of the meat if cooked well turns out so much better compared to shop-bought mince.

I'm thinking we'll do this going forward.

Sainsburys still pack pork mince 'normally', it's just the beef.

We've found an amazing Asian supermarket in Northampton that has the best butchers I've ever seen. Goat, mutton, lamb, chicken, beef...

Think I'll get my next lot from there.

We bought some shish kebabs a couple of weeks ago, lamb and chicken, they were sensational. 

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I'm thinking we'll do this going forward.

Sainsburys still pack pork mince 'normally', it's just the beef.

We've found an amazing Asian supermarket in Northampton that has the best butchers I've ever seen. Goat, mutton, lamb, chicken, beef...

Think I'll get my next lot from there.

We bought some shish kebabs a couple of weeks ago, lamb and chicken, they were sensational. 

If you and Top are ever in Bedford and you find yourselves at our house, I will make the best mince lamb keema you'll ever taste :D

There's quite a few butchers we go to here but obviously have a preferred one. Can't remember ever having a bad batch or purchase when it comes to lamb or chicken.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

If you and Top are ever in Bedford and you find yourselves at our house, I will make the best mince lamb keema you'll ever taste :D

There's quite a few butchers we go to here but obviously have a preferred one. Can't remember ever having a bad batch or purchase when it comes to lamb or chicken.

I'll drop him a text and see if he's free :thumbup:

He makes a banging Massaman curry :ph34r:

• Haha 1

On 21/07/2023 at 09:48, ajthefox said:

Recruitment consultants. Basically spam bots in human form.

LinkedIn is 80% recruitment consultants pretending they're in Wolf of Wall Street, "smashing targets" and taking selfies in expensive London restaurants in cheap suits.

• Like 3