Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, z-layrex said:

LinkedIn is 80% recruitment consultants pretending they're in Wolf of Wall Street, "smashing targets" and taking selfies in expensive London restaurants in cheap suits.

And yet only around 50% do a professional job, and care for the people seeking opportunities.

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

When I retire and don’t give a shit about work or earning money or my reputation in business anymore, I’m gonna spend a good part of my day trolling and abusing dicks on LinkedIn. Quite looking forward to it.

I quite enjoy pretending to be a JSO activist on Twitter.

"There's no [thing being discussed] on a dead planet" works every single time.

• Haha 1

Just now, Daggers said:

I quite enjoy pretending to be a JSO activist on Twitter.

"There's no [thing being discussed] on a dead planet" works every single time.

I'm partial to "There's no [insert benefit of civilisation like economics or whatever here] when there's no civilisation".

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

This summer has been decimated by rain. Fed up with it. 

Felt like the longest winter ever and we’ve had about one nice week in June. 

And we all know why thanks to @leicsmacet al.

Although I tend to agree that the monotony of dull, grey skies day after day, is a grind.

7 hours ago, Parafox said:

And we all know why thanks to @leicsmacet al.

Although I tend to agree that the monotony of dull, grey skies day after day, is a grind.

Well, good news - could well be on for some record-breaking heat in August.

Just, you know, to switch from one extreme to the other, as is what happens with increased average temperatures across the board.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

This summer has been decimated by rain. Fed up with it. 

Felt like the longest winter ever and we’ve had about one nice week in June. 

And guess which week I was out the country in grey and drizzly Connecticut for a week. I even joked that I was missing our one week of summer. I didn't realise I actually was.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

Is it me or is there more fake content on the internet than ever? It's always been bad but it seems to have gone into overdrive in the last 18 months.

I swear 80% of content that gets rammed down my throat on the various cesspit social media channels is just staged content farmed nonsense.

Is this symptomatic of the Tik Tok generation of short videos and people with shorter attention spans and everyone desperately clambering for a bit of clout?

Does my head in, man. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

Is it me or is there more fake content on the internet than ever? It's always been bad but it seems to have gone into overdrive in the last 18 months.

I swear 80% of content that gets rammed down my throat on the various cesspit social media channels is just staged content farmed nonsense.

Is this symptomatic of the Tik Tok generation of short videos and people with shorter attention spans and everyone desperately clambering for a bit of clout?

Does my head in, man. 

The optimistic take is that it's simply folks looking to make a quick buck out of filling a temporary need and it will die down when the economy for such things does, which it hopefully will.

The less optimistic take is that the whole phenomenon is here to stay and that has...unpleasant connotations.

2 minutes ago, Livid said:

The Facial Scan Passport machines at Terminal 5, it was easier getting through border control into Germany than it was getting ‘fast tracked’ back into the UK. 

I was through Polish border control in seconds. Took me an age at Heathrow because half the machines were broken and the one I had didn't accept my face. Fair enough, it's not the best face - but the place was a shambles.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Another year's claim-free car insurance.

Renewal is a 60% increase.

Jesus - £300 fully comp for two years - now I can't find a quote under £500, with most between 6 and 900.

How the fvck do they justify over 60% increase? I swear I hate insurance companies and their employees more than any other section of society.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Jesus - £300 fully comp for two years - now I can't find a quote under £500, with most between 6 and 900.

How the fvck do they justify over 60% increase? I swear I hate insurance companies and their employees more than any other section of society.

My friend has the same issue rn, was £700 last year, offered at £1200 this year with absolutely no incidents at all 

26 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

My friend has the same issue rn, was £700 last year, offered at £1200 this year with absolutely no incidents at all 

Last year, Aviva made £2.2billion in operating profit, up 35% from 2021. link

Criminal.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

I agree and I work in insurance. Despise it!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Daggers said:

I was through Polish border control in seconds. Took me an age at Heathrow because half the machines were broken and the one I had didn't accept my face. Fair enough, it's not the best face - but the place was a shambles.

Germany was smooth for me as well, although everyone else was getting the third degree about return tickets, hotel accommodation. I was muttering under my breath the entire time ‘not what I voted for!’ anyway I had everything ready and he just asked why I was there and he mentioned Springsteen wasn’t his thing,  stamped my passport and let me through.

Now my head is shaved and I know when I went for the photo at Max Spielmann they said it didn’t stand out that well against the white background but the passport office accepted it. It does look very pale on my passport I’m thinking this will be an issue I use those gates until the point I change my passport in 5 years.