Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Scam calls.

Just had a polite sounding English girl call me up from "Lloyds Bank fraud department" telling me there's been large transactions from Argos online trying to go through on my account. I was a bit suss but confirmed my name and address that she quoted me was correct. But then she asked me to log on to my online banking and confirm my last known balance. When I told her she was wasting her time trying to get me to give any account info over the phone she just hung up.

It makes a change from the blatantly Indian guys at least.

Reading the comments on pretty much any news article concerning the current exacerbated by increasing global average temperature weather conditions we're having right now in various places across the world. I should remind myself not reading such comments is self-care and it's a vocal minority.

Don't Look Up was supposed to be satire, for goodness sake.

5 hours ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

People who own dogs that bark all day & most of evening and do nothing about it.

My dog rarely barks and only does so at specific events - postman, bin lorry, etc. And I always check why he has barked. I guess some people just tune out or don't care. Like parents with screaming, crying and squealing kids.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

My dog rarely barks and only does so at specific events - postman, bin lorry, etc. And I always check why he has barked. I guess some people just tune out or don't care. Like parents with screaming, crying and squealing kids.

I think they grow immune to the sound from hearing it so much.

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

Scam calls.

Just had a polite sounding English girl call me up from "Lloyds Bank fraud department" telling me there's been large transactions from Argos online trying to go through on my account. I was a bit suss but confirmed my name and address that she quoted me was correct. But then she asked me to log on to my online banking and confirm my last known balance. When I told her she was wasting her time trying to get me to give any account info over the phone she just hung up.

It makes a change from the blatantly Indian guys at least.

I had something legitimate from Lloyds a couple of weeks ago and it actually looked a bit dodgy.

Reserved  a hotel in Italy through the Hotels.com app, pay on arrival, woke up next day got a text message at 12.45am from Lloyds bank but not in the usual thread of texts I receive from them (telling me there’s a statement etc) telling me another text would come through in a couple of minutes. One came through but it looked like it was from a private mobile number telling me the hotel was trying to take around €100 from my account. 

They actually called me at work in the morning with an automated message and I decided to call them to make sure. Totally legitimate, the hotel was trying to charge the first night tariff to ‘verify’ the card at 2am in Milan. Well that would flag up as I was using the card at Tesco in Ashby at around 8pm.:rolleyes:

Spoke to hotels.com who are definitely not in Europe who were speaking to the hotel in Milan, insisting they needed to verify my card by taking the first night’s charge to confirm the reservation. Anyway cancelled the original booking and just rebooked paying up front at a cheaper rate. Just an expensive month and I was wanting to put it off. 

The inane and excessive filler provided by tinpot “celebrities/comedians” on these 20 best/funniest moments type programmes 

Also very disappointed to see that this thread had slipped off the front page in the GC forum. What is the world coming to ? 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

I stopped licking yoghurt lids after cutting my tongue on one. Always just use a spoon nowadays. 

Didn't realise it was you I had to "let go" for unrelated reasons...

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Ugh you've given me a flashback. 

One of my staff is absolutely minging and licks the yoghurt lid every lunch. Somehow people still think licking your plate or food containers in public is acceptable.

Anyway she cut her lip and, being on warferin (however you spell it), she then bled like a stuck pig. The wonders of my own HS&E policy then mandated me to send a note to all staff reminding them not to lick yoghurt lids as it's dangerous... I hated myself (even more than usual) that day. 

This is brilliant 🤣

Licking the lid is one of the best bits but I wouldn't do it in public.

I'm also a little skeptical of anyone who has cut their tongue on one..

There used to be an older weirdo of a  bloke at work who'd vigorously attack the bottom of his yoghurt every lunch break with the spoon to get every single molecule out of the bottom......Then he'd proceed to lick the entire yoghurt pot out. 

THAT scars you for life, trust me!

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Licking fingers after eating crisps. 

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

Ask them to stop licking your fingers? 🤷

5 hours ago, The Bear said:

So you just wipe them on your trousers/t-shirt? 

I never ever eat nuts, crisps or any other "complimentary snack" that some pubs put out on the bar. Who knows where the fingers of any partaker of such fare have been before digging around in the bowl of peanuts.

Same at any kind of buffet. And never ever at a free salad trolley at a Harvester, where who knows what has been deposited in them by punters lingering over the trays.