Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

No one is asking you to lol

A best friend might mean something different to different people. And you don't just have to have one best friend? 

Could be a partner and other friends you've known for much longer. 

I don't need to rationalise it, do I? 

It's one of those things I hear in most best man speeches and see in social media posts that makes me want to shove several fingers down my throat. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

I don't need to rationalise it, do I? 

It's one of those things I hear in most best man speeches and see in social media posts that makes me want to shove several fingers down my throat. 

Fair enough. 

• Haha 1

People who post stuff on a transfer thread on here that adds absolutely no value. I see I’ve got unread posts on a certain thread that hasn’t been touched in a few days so I think something is happening but it’s just someone saying “get him gone”. Petty I know. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Grown adults that rush to buy football shirts on release day.

I see the LCFC twitter account referred to our new away kit as “new road threads”

I must be getting old…

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

It really makes me cringe. It's such a cliché. I have an actual best friend, someone who has been my best mate since we were 13. No one is ever replacing him and nor do I want anyone to.

Not everyone has a childhood best friend. Some people have a real lonely childhood where they struggle to make friends and connections with people. Then they find someone that they can connect with on so many levels and that person will also have sex with them and they want to spend the rest of their lives together of course they'll see them as their best friend...

Not me, obviously, my childhood was amazing, but, you know, some people...

31 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

People who complain about customer service workers

13 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Customer service workers have my upmost respect. I always try to be civil and courteous when dealing with them.

Often they’re paid a pittance and hamstrung by inadequate company procedures and policies.

I tend to find the nicer I am with them, the more often I get the result I wanted.

In my experience a relatively large minority of them are belligerent and deliberately difficult. And often deserving of complaints. I think the whole "I want to talk to the manager" Karen meme is a bit of a psyop to shame people into accepting increasingly awful customer service.

However I'd probably agree that they are not helped by company policies and the working environment. 

14 minutes ago, Foxdiamond said:

If that doesn't apply to you then fine but for others it does so why does that matter?

As I said, it's not a rational thing, it just really makes me cringe. The same way other people cringe when they see a 'Live, laugh, love' plaque in someone's house. 

45 minutes ago, bovril said:

In my experience a relatively large minority of them are belligerent and deliberately difficult. And often deserving of complaints. I think the whole "I want to talk to the manager" Karen meme is a bit of a psyop to shame people into accepting increasingly awful customer service.

However I'd probably agree that they are not helped by company policies and the working environment. 

Ok Karen

• Haha 1

Bank and building society closures. Barclays in Market Harborough finally shut up shop last Friday, and a sign inside the branch advised its customers to instead use Nationwide, just down the road, for some of Barclays' services. So what have Nationwide done, now that they might be slightly busier? Decided to close on Mondays and Wednesdays!