Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/05/investigation-after-57-world-triathlon-championship-swimmers-fall-sick-and-get-diarrhoea-in-sunderland-race

The total disregard for our air land and sea by the government. Not to mention it's population and the horrible feeling they'll still win the next election.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2023/aug/05/investigation-after-57-world-triathlon-championship-swimmers-fall-sick-and-get-diarrhoea-in-sunderland-race

The total disregard for our air land and sea by the government. Not to mention it's population and the horrible feeling they'll still win the next election.

Totally agree with you. 

6 hours ago, Izzy said:

On this point, I think the opposite can also be true where the sportsperson doesn’t trust the interviewer therefore shuts down, is deliberately awkward, and gives one word answers.

If the journalist has tucked them up in the past then they’re doomed imo. Look at examples like Des Kelly/Klopp and Pat Murphy/NP. Clearly the manager feels the journo is out to get them so they go into self protection mode.

I think good interviews/conversations have to be built on mutual trust/respect first and foremost while keeping professional and not overstepping the mark and becoming too pally.

Think this is why we see fewer and fewer "natural" interviews.

When every outlet is waiting for any slight slip up to make a story, it's very apparent that players just go into their media training and throw out cliche answers.

I'd argue players like Maddison are masters at this, whilst sticking to cliché and the expected answers, he manages to make them seem conversational. 

You're very right though, journalists aren't trusted and ask stupid questions

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Think this is why we see fewer and fewer "natural" interviews.

When every outlet is waiting for any slight slip up to make a story, it's very apparent that players just go into their media training and throw out cliche answers.

I'd argue players like Maddison are masters at this, whilst sticking to cliché and the expected answers, he manages to make them seem conversational. 

You're very right though, journalists aren't trusted and ask stupid questions

People were always critical of Pearson for being prickly and brusque in interviews. I always cut the bloke slack for that, imagine being asked all those stupid questions. I know it's part of the job and, far more so now but you knew he was thinking 'this is bollocks'. And I couldn't disagree. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I see you recently said you don’t like closed questioning, this must make you feel angry?

I don’t get you mate. I made a statement on how I felt about it. I wasn’t asking a question.

Edit. Oh I see what you did there :D

Edited by Izzy
  • Haha 3

On 28/06/2023 at 10:30, Milo said:

What British authorities?

And read above about fluctuations in temperature. If they’re in the fridge then they are at a stable temperature. 

Not if my kids keep opening and shutting the bloody door they aren’t.

19 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

People who disagree with your post so instead of responding they just react with the laughing emoji. So childish and just comes across as bullying when there's a pile on

Don't feel too bad about it, consider that you have instead proven to anyone watching (most of the time) that your argument was better in terms of reason in the first place, or they would be able to respond and challenge it in a mature fashion.

Or they're simply trolls.

Either way, you're most often ahead.

Football fans caring about things like the club's wage bill and whether a player should be transferred on in time to get a decent financial return.

Just bother about whether your team's any good or not, and how good the players are - or go and support a FTSE 100 company!

• Like 2