Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

58 minutes ago, Dunge said:

I used this exact phrase in a meeting today, but then I didn’t - thus leaving the circle forever incomplete.

What are the consequences of this?

Until the circle is complete you will forever be condemned to non blue sky thinking and an inability to take things to the next level apparently

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Until the circle is complete you will forever be condemned to non blue sky thinking and an inability to take things to the next level apparently

On the back of this, @Dungeplease circle back to me when you've had some time off to think about what you did. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-66803279

Ah, some powerful tosser who clearly enjoys viewing other people as things willing to say the quiet part out loud, then.

He has form as a bit of a dick.  Employers are struggling to recruit and retain skilled workers, and no doubt they are having to pay more to do so.  In times like these, those who look after their teams find more loyalty, and those who don't find their teams jump for a pay rise / more security / better conditions at the first opportunity.  construction firms have an added issue which is they compete with miners for talent, and miners have very deep pockets when they want to add people.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The Queen... A club owner- that type of thing.

Remembrance Fixture as well, of course.

Keep breaking put the black armbands, and it loses its impetus.

The same as 2 minute silences

So one person that enjoyed a very comfortable life and died of old age deserves condolences but 13000 innocent people dying because of 2 extreme natural disasters doesn't? Have I got that right? 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Danizen said:

So one person that enjoyed a very comfortable life and died of old age deserves condolences but 13000 innocent people dying because of 2 extreme natural disasters doesn't? Have I got that right? 

The difficulty i have is that I feel very, very disconnected to countries thousands of miles away. Never been there, never will, and caring too much causes severe mental health issues. 

Maybe its just me.

16 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The difficulty i have is that I feel very, very disconnected to countries thousands of miles away. Never been there, never will, and caring too much causes severe mental health issues. 

Maybe its just me.

Nah, it's not just you, it's a perfectly human thing that a lot of people do.

It's just not necessarily conducive to the long term survival of civilisation, so we need enough people thinking beyond their line of sight.

8 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Keep seeing stuff on x about "Petrol car ban"

It's a ban on NEW petrol cars being manufactured.

Your 2001 petrol 1.6 focus ghia is NOT being banned.

It's also a ban on new non-hybrids which comes in at a later date too.  Never let the truth get in the way of a nice headline.

2 minutes ago, Bryn said:

It's more than that, they are going to deliberately pour out policy which is completely unbacked by the evidence and is designed to pander entirely to idiots.

It worked for Brexit.

If its any consolation, the laws of thermodynamics will see right through it. And punish it.

"If that was De Bruyne/Haaland/Mbappe Sky would be wanking themselves off about it"

When those players doing something fantastic there's the odd clip, rightfully praising it but the news cycle moves so quickly nobody is that bothered.

• Like 1