Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I dislike the use of the word 'unironically'. Its crept in to the language and is now massively overused. It is usually entirely superfluous, redundant and pointless. Surely you would stipulate that something was done ironically, not have to clarify all the things that happened that were not ironic. What next? Unangrily? Unabusively? Insincerely? Just use it if it makes since. You can tell it grinds my gears if I post in here (because its the point of the thread) because I only get 10 posts in a 24 hour period, so minor annoyances don't qualify. This one properly grates at me and I couldn't tell you why that is. (Good Heavens you boys, blue-blooded murder of the English tongue..)

As you were.

8 remaining.

4 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

I dislike the use of the word 'unironically'. Its crept in to the language and is now massively overused. It is usually entirely superfluous, redundant and pointless. Surely you would stipulate that something was done ironically, not have to clarify all the things that happened that were not ironic. What next? Unangrily? Unabusively? Insincerely? Just use it if it makes since. You can tell it grinds my gears if I post in here (because its the point of the thread) because I only get 10 posts in a 24 hour period, so minor annoyances don't qualify. This one properly grates at me and I couldn't tell you why that is. (Good Heavens you boys, blue-blooded murder of the English tongue..)

As you were.

8 remaining.

I completely agree. 

It's unacceptable. 

9 hours ago, The Bear said:

I completely agree. 

It's unacceptable. 

8 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Unreasonable, indefensible and unwarranted.  And I mean that most insincerely.  

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Or just unnecessary?

:whistle: :D

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Unfukcingbelievable

You are the worst kind of people 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Raj said:

@Daggers @The People's Hero Your both unsincere and unkind . you both love me really.

MODS- GIve them a ban each! im hurting!

Mods - Raj is being a little snitchy bitch again. Ban him harder than you ban TPH. Don’t ban me, my adoring fans won’t take it kindly. Fine, my fan won’t take it kindly. OK, fine, she’s a dog and doesn’t have access to the forum but that doesn’t mean she wouldn’t take the news badly. 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Dunge said:

Only the other day someone was telling me how it unironically rained on their wedding day.

Pick that one apart.

I think this is something to do with the Alanis Morisette about rain on a wedding day being ironic. Something it being ironic and unironic are both moronic. Remember who that person was and maim them. 

4 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Mods - Raj is being a little snitchy bitch again. Ban him harder than you ban TPH. Don’t ban me, my adoring fans won’t take it kindly. Fine, my fan won’t take it kindly. OK, fine, she’s a dog and doesn’t have access to the forum but that doesn’t mean she wouldn’t take the news badly. 

I expressed an opinion yesterday so my ban is incoming. I imagine it’s at the ‘how long should the ban be?’ stage in Mark’s internal monologue process. 

Anyone else ever surprised by how small crickets are ? 

1 minute ago, The People's Hero said:

I expressed an opinion yesterday so my ban is incoming. I imagine it’s at the ‘how long should the ban be?’ stage in Mark’s internal monologue process. 

Compared to cicadas, certainly.

And those bastards really make some noise in the summer time.

3 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Chance would be a fine thing

33 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Undeniably, this is undoubtedly an unashamed and understandably unabashed underlining of an unfortunate, unnecessary and unedifyingly unnatural adverb.

What grinds my gears, apart from the use of 'massively' instead of 'greatly', are tautologies, which are entirely superfluous, redundant and pointless. 

18 hours you poured over that dictionary and this is the best you can do. WOW.

I'll check back in 18 hours for your next zinger.

Yawn.

26 minutes ago, StanSP said:

*pored. 

Who even are you? 76,979 posts and I don't think I've once seen you post anything interesting at all.

Pored is one letter away from how everyone else feels reading your posts. I sometimes wonder if people like you even manage to bore yourselves. How do you stay awake?

5 minutes ago, The People's Hero said:

Who even are you? 76,979 posts and I don't think I've once seen you post anything interesting at all.

Pored is one letter away from how everyone else feels reading your posts. I sometimes wonder if people like you even manage to bore yourselves. How do you stay awake?

Maybe you should ask some of these questions to yourself. 

Thanks for reading all my posts though to realise none of them were interesting. How are you still awake after reading them if they're that boring :dunno: :whistle: