Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

12 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just wait until one of you lucky people get a weird stalker type DM, that's when you really feel you've made it here lol

Missed this last night, Deb. That is completely and utterly unacceptable and needs to be called out. 

Is this situation ongoing?

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Missed this last night, Deb. That is completely and utterly unacceptable and needs to be called out. 

Is this situation ongoing?

No it was a one off, and a good while ago now. Funnily enough, at the time I reached out to another forum member (not admin or a mod) for some advice, but didn't disclose who the message was from, and they instantly guessed. Turns out I was neither the first nor the last to receive one.

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

No it was a one off, and a good while ago now. Funnily enough, at the time I reached out to another forum member (not admin or a mod) for some advice, but didn't disclose who the message was from, and they instantly guessed. Turns out I was neither the first nor the last to receive one.

There are some strange people lurking amongst us.

🙄

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Sometimes people grind my gears. 

Exhibit A lol

Screenshot_20230923-092503.thumb.png.a658dbe5070c508a4f2be64e170c35f1.png

No report from me, but got a feeling someone dug their own grave.

But I'm the nasty piece of work... 

(p.s had a great night's sleep). 

This is superb.

100% Stan after receiving and posting the message:

celebrating-i-think-you-should-leave-with-tim-robinson.gif

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

The lack of self-awareness is staggering.

Which is pretty bizarre as, iirc, this poster in question has been on this forum for many years and seemed to have got on well with some of the 'old crew' and even met with some of these members in real life..

Correct me if I am wrong, but think TPH knew/met @Finneganand @Alexikokopops in real life (and was known for colourful shirts or something..).

Think this forum can gets to people's heads too easily at times.

Edited by Wymsey

15 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Which is pretty bizarre as, iirc, this poster in question has been on this forum for many years and seemed to have got on well with some of the 'old crew' and even met with some of these members in real life..

Correct me if I am wrong, but think TPH knew/met @Finneganand @Alexikokopops in real life (and was known for colourful shirts or something..).

That's why I was surprised by his rant.

I've met these lads 20 years ago at the six a side games we played and they are all very decent guys.

Sometimes we dont know what makes someone react to something so inoffensive.

I've had some unjustified rants at posters and come across as a c0ck but you apologise and move on.

• Like 2

He posted very sensibly in the Forum Support section, and I'm guessing his reaction later is associated with not getting the response to it he wanted. 

As I said, I worry about the mental well being of some, and TPH and I have messaged before, where I had to work pretty hard to get through whatever it was that was clearly affecting him externally at the time. 

There's no excuse for it, but we are all capable of alienating others when we actually are in dire need of support - self-sabotage is something I am familiar with. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

14 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

Just wait until one of you lucky people get a weird stalker type DM, that's when you really feel you've made it here lol

Oh yeah man I got my first one of these decades ago. Some right little oddball used to DM me on here that he knew where I lived off Narborough Road and that he'd seen be about. It was meant to be semi threatening I think. Then he turned up to one of the 11 a side games we organised and I saw him at the bar afterwards. Now anyone that's met me can confirm I'm not the tallest and weighed about 9 stone tops. Yet I'm pretty sure I could have knocked him off with a nudge, dude was like 5'3 on his tip toes. Ridiculous human being. For the life of me can't remember the username now. AOWW kinda knew him I think. 

29 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Don't drag me in to this shit lol

I haven't seen Woolers in 15/20 odd years or whatever it is. He seemed like a decent sort but you never really know. Only old FTer I see and talk to semi regularly (couple times a season at the ground or away days) is Fez. 

Almost all of the guys I've met were pretty sound though. 

11 minutes ago, Raj said:

That's why I was surprised by his rant.

I've met these lads 20 years ago at the six a side games we played and they are all very decent guys.

Sometimes we dont know what makes someone react to something so inoffensive.

I've had some unjustified rants at posters and come across as a c0ck but you apologise and move on.

Except this massive twat. Deb thinks she's got it bad with some creepy DMs, try being sexually assaulted by Raj. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Oh yeah man I got my first one of these decades ago. Some right little oddball used to DM me on here that he knew where I lived off Narborough Road and that he'd seen be about. It was meant to be semi threatening I think. Then he turned up to one of the 11 a side games we organised and I saw him at the bar afterwards. Now anyone that's met me can confirm I'm not the tallest and weighed about 9 stone tops. Yet I'm pretty sure I could have knocked him off with a nudge, dude was like 5'3 on his tip toes. Ridiculous human being. For the life of me can't remember the username now. AOWW kinda knew him I think. 

Don't drag me in to this shit lol

I haven't seen Woolers in 15/20 odd years or whatever it is. He seemed like a decent sort but you never really know. Only old FTer I see and talk to semi regularly (couple times a season at the ground or away days) is Fez. 

Almost all of the guys I've met were pretty sound though. 

Except this massive twat. Deb thinks she's got it bad with some creepy DMs, try being sexually assaulted by Raj. 

Dont portray me as an  Asian Russel Brand.

You consented at the time and it was just abit of fun😁😁👍

• Haha 1