Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The ball-ache of clearing the main room in the house and piling all the stuff in various places and ripping up the old carpet and underlay in preparation for a new carpet. 

Followed by the ball-ache of putting it all back again and trying to successfully reinstate the TV and associated consoles, sound system and broadband hub.

14 hours ago, Daggers said:

One thing the forum does well is support for people suffering from mental health episodes. I think it’s clear that things aren’t normal in his world at the moment - and I reckon we should just let the whole matter lie. It does no one any favours to make this a public discussion. 

I understand your point but being a twat to random people for no reason is not on imo.

• Like 1

When someone says “okay, x”

With x usually referring to the person or oganusation they’re defending or some generic put down. 

Was funny 5 years ago but is an old joke now and a bad arguing or critical thinking technique and usually done by someone who knows they’ve lost the argument but can’t resist having the final word.

Cue the “ok, something” response to this post…

Haven't met him in real life and I came on to the forum later than most, but going only by what I've seen on here TPH comes across as a very unpleasant and bitter person in a way no other poster does. Even posters who annoy me like Geoff or the infamous MattPee never gave off those kind of vibes. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sampson said:

When someone says “okay, x”

With x usually referring to the person or oganusation they’re defending or some generic put down. 

Was funny 5 years ago but is an old joke now and a bad arguing or critical thinking technique and usually done by someone who knows they’ve lost the argument but can’t resist having the final word.

Cue the “ok, something” response to this post…

I have never known the 'x' to represent what you say it does. Is this only in specific businesses or orgs? 

• Like 1

Seeing some of our fans claiming that relegation was some sort of blessing in disguise now that we have won a few games in the championship. There is absolutely no guarantee that we will be promoted this season and seeing how poor the three newly promoted sides are, we would have probably stayed up comfortably this season. The task of getting us back to being a competent premier league side having just stayed up would not have been insurmountable.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Seeing some of our fans claiming that relegation was some sort of blessing in disguise now that we have won a few games in the championship. There is absolutely no guarantee that we will be promoted this season and seeing how poor the three newly promoted sides are, we would have probably stayed up comfortably this season. The task of getting us back to being a competent premier league side having just stayed up would not have been insurmountable.

Is it more enjoyable going down there this season?

Forget which league we are in for a second.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Is it more enjoyable going down there this season?

Forget which league we are in for a second.

Oh I'm enjoying it more now than last season, of course. Last season was pure misery. However, I will never argue that a completely avoidable relegation is a blessing in disguise. The only relegation we have had in my lifetime looking back on it that I could consider a blessing in disguise is relegation to League 1. The big difference is that we had been stinking out the championship for four years. 

9 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Oh I'm enjoying it more now than last season, of course. Last season was pure misery. However, I will never argue that a completely avoidable relegation is a blessing in disguise. The only relegation we have had in my lifetime looking back on it that I could consider a blessing in disguise is relegation to League 1. The big difference is that we had been stinking out the championship for four years. 

We will come back up far better placed than dossing about up there another year finishing 16th.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Those Holloway years of 28% win ratio were pure shit.

1 hour ago, BenTheFox said:

This is true. I’m enjoying it at the moment and we’ve gotten things right so far. If we do go up, it’ll be a really enjoyable year. 

But look how far we are behind the likes of Forest already. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

This is true. I’m enjoying it at the moment and we’ve gotten things right so far. If we do go up, it’ll be a really enjoyable year. 

But look how far we are behind the likes of Forest already. 

Also, if we go up then all of us will see finishing 16th/17th in our first season back as a success. That really is going the long way round. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zear0 said:

Lot of blue tinted specs on last season overlooking how abysmal we were from game one and blaming BR solely. Simple arrogance to assume we'd have easily stayed up this season. 

Come on, have you seen how horrendous Luton and Sheffield United are? Burnley don't look great either. My point is hat it really wouldn't have taken that much to turn this around with a pre-season under a new manager and several players leaving. It was a rebuild opportunity but from a higher base. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

Come on, have you seen how horrendous Luton and Sheffield United are? Burnley don't look great either. My point is hat it really wouldn't have taken that much to turn this around with a pre-season under a new manager and several players leaving. It was a rebuild opportunity but from a higher base. 

I do think we're better than those three teams, and I would fancy our chances against any lower league PL team in the Cup this season, but our biggest issue would still be scoring goals. If we stayed up we'd still have lost Maddison which was our main creativity (9 assists) and also his 10 goals. So far this season we've scored 14 goals but only 3 of them have been scored by strikers, and 2 of them have been penalties. We scored 50+ last season which is good for a relegated team, but our three main strikers (Vardy/Iheanacho/Daka) scored less than 20 goals between them... any decent side needs a striker who will get double figures, at least. That was always my worry in the summer, scoring goals, and it will remain a worry if we do go up. 

Edited by Fox92

HM Land Registry. Apparently, it can take up to 18 months or more to complete first registration of an old property not previously entered onto the register, by which time the new owner could already have moved elsewhere or maybe even died. In an age of electronic communication, where business can often be done almost instantly, such incredibly long delays seem hard to understand. 

1 hour ago, String fellow said:

HM Land Registry. Apparently, it can take up to 18 months or more to complete first registration of an old property not previously entered onto the register, by which time the new owner could already have moved elsewhere or maybe even died. In an age of electronic communication, where business can often be done almost instantly, such incredibly long delays seem hard to understand. 

Years of big staff cuts and 'efficiency' savings which started in 2009 in the first credit crunch.  

I used to be a solicitor and dealt with them extensively.  My aunt was also a senior bod there before retiring.  

Things were always processed quickly and with minimal fuss back in the day.  Registration of a property would be completed with a few days.  

Ten years on and it took 12 months to register my own house purchase. A straightforward registration of an already registered house.  Absolutely bonkers.  

There simply aren't enough people doing the job any more, combine that with a COVID backlog and Bob's your uncle.  Massive delays.  

• Thanks 1