Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Am I the only one who doesn’t get Taylor Swift?

I mean she seems like a decent person and a shrewd businesswoman, but I couldn’t even hum you a single song of hers and I’m usually quite on board with middle-of-the-road (sh!te) pop.

She seems more like a cult than an artist.

(There are far worse cults out there.)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dunge said:

I mean she seems like a decent person and a shrewd businesswoman, but I couldn’t even hum you a single song of hers and I’m usually quite on board with middle-of-the-road (sh!te) pop.

She is probably the biggest female pop artist in the World. That's why it feels like a "cult". That happens with all big artists I think. I can't remember the last time someone, a solo pop artist, was as big as Taylor Swift is.

Not sure if you've listened to much of her, but she isn't "shite". Her albums are good, consistently strong, and it's fairly obvious why she is as big as she is because the lyrics connect with the fans.

I mean, I wouldn't go and see her live but I like her music.

Edited by Fox92
Added "pop artist" in to avoid confussion
  • Like 3

27 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

She is probably the biggest female pop artist in the World. That's why it feels like a "cult

I'd say that's a chicken and egg question though really. 

Is there a cult because she's the biggest pop singer in America or is she the biggest pop singer in America because of the cult? 

Her fanbase definitely aren't just big, they're also weird af. 

Edited by Finnegan

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd say that's a chicken and egg question though really. 

Is there a cult because she's the biggest pop singer in America or is she the biggest pop singer in America because of the cult? 

Her fanbase definitely aren't just big, they're also weird af. 

I mean, you're probably right. I agree they are weird as well but don't you think all these people that cling onto someone so much are weird? They're like the football twitter people.

40 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

She is probably the biggest female pop artist in the World. That's why it feels like a "cult". That happens with all big artists I think. I can't remember the last time someone, a solo pop artist, was as big as Taylor Swift is.

Not sure if you've listened to much of her, but she isn't "shite". Her albums are good, consistently strong, and it's fairly obvious why she is as big as she is because the lyrics connect with the fans.

I mean, I wouldn't go and see her live but I like her music.

I was being a flowery with “sh!te”, granted. Vanilla, maybe. Which is fine; I like vanilla. My point is I could hum you about 6 Ed Sheeran tunes* but Taylor Swift’s music seems to go in one ear and out the other for me.

*Don’t worry, I’m not going to.

Edited by Dunge

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

You know the BBC website has jumped the shark when you scroll through the sports news and know that Taylor fvcking Swift is dating an NFL player. Are we Americans now? 

Ferchrissakes it needs a new editor desperately. 

Tbf, Taylor Swift managed to increase this geezers jersey sales by 40% just because he's the dude she's seeing this week. No surprise to see the BBC tagging along. 

Think she's pretty mediocre personally, but hard to argue the numbers any story about her brings. 

3 hours ago, Dunge said:

dunno mate. she makes some absolute banging tunes, kids absolutely love her and shes half decent to look at IMHO. 3/10 from Dunge - bad post

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

I mean, you're probably right. I agree they are weird as well but don't you think all these people that cling onto someone so much are weird? They're like the football twitter people.

or them oddballs who think they are john lennon and dress like they're in the beatles

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

My favourites are the people asking if everyone can please stop replying to all, while they themselves have also replied to all.

Random memory reading this.

I remember working in a call centre for a  large national bank about 15 years ago when there was an email whereby it was clear someone copied some wrong groups, and definitely not the call centres, when asking a question. I'm guessing the intended groups had 20+ people each whereas the groups emailed had about 5 thousand people. 

Some people genuinely replied all to unnecessarily say it wasnt for them. Cue the masses of call centre 'squaddies' who thought it would be funny individually replying all to say it wasnt for them despite others saying stop replying all when its obvious its not for you, but you cant exactly reprimand someone for it. It took someone very senior in the bank to knock it on the head. Must have come into about 300 emails from that chain alone on my next shift. As a call centre squaddie myself I was loving it and trying not to laugh when on calls while reading every single one.