Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’ve never heard a single Taylor Swift song. Like ever. Also, I am not attracted to her - which I expect will come as crushing news so if anyone here knows her, don’t tell her.

If you've been in a public place playing background music in the last 10 years then chances are you'd heard a Taylor Swift song whether you like it or not.

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I’ve never heard a single Taylor Swift song. Like ever. Also, I am not attracted to her - which I expect will come as crushing news so if anyone here knows her, don’t tell her.

Secret's safe with me :thumbup:

26 minutes ago, Samilktray said:

I’m not a virgin so I’m not going to be OTT about this, you are wrong and she would rank very low as far attractive celebrities go

have a lovely day though 

Always a lovely day when I can trot out these classics...

dog-collar-would-not-bang-meme-small-650x828.jpg

IMG_20230927_154105.png

Edited by The Bear
  • Haha 4

On 26/09/2023 at 10:39, Dunge said:

Am I the only one who doesn’t get Taylor Swift?

I mean she seems like a decent person and a shrewd businesswoman, but I couldn’t even hum you a single song of hers and I’m usually quite on board with middle-of-the-road (sh!te) pop.

She seems more like a cult than an artist.

(There are far worse cults out there.)

Swifties are a cult 

They're taking Travis Kelsie to pieces for the most minor infractions.

There was a rumour that she'd play the super bowl and the general consensus was that there'd be no American football fans there as all the Swifties would get the tickets

Fvcking mobile banking. 

I appreciate the commitment to safety and anti crime, I want to know they're looking after my money and I'm completely down with that. But fvck me is it going a bit far. 

Literally just trying to transfer my bill money to my Monzo and I've had to answer like a 10 question questionnaire before it'll let me go. Is anyone holding me at gunpoint, has anyone told me to do this. FFS I've put my biometrics in, I've said I'm sure, just move my fvcking money you bastards. 

As if you'd be like "oh yeah there's a robber in front of me right now with a gun, oh sorry robber, Santander says you can't have the money, please don't shoot me and my family."

I had to move several thousand pounds between two family accounts a couple of years ago using online banking, and the palava they make you go through is amazing. I had the transfer be put on hold and the anti-fraud department ringing up, stating money laundering laws is why they have to do it. Had to get the other account holder to corroborate every little thing, give reasons why the money was being moved, double checking IDs, etc. 

It was a simple transfer between two accounts with the same surname at the same bank FFS. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Fvcking mobile banking. 

I appreciate the commitment to safety and anti crime, I want to know they're looking after my money and I'm completely down with that. But fvck me is it going a bit far. 

Literally just trying to transfer my bill money to my Monzo and I've had to answer like a 10 question questionnaire before it'll let me go. Is anyone holding me at gunpoint, has anyone told me to do this. FFS I've put my biometrics in, I've said I'm sure, just move my fvcking money you bastards. 

As if you'd be like "oh yeah there's a robber in front of me right now with a gun, oh sorry robber, Santander says you can't have the money, please don't shoot me and my family."

At least you aren't ill.

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2023/sep/27/santander-wanted-my-bedbound-father-to-visit-his-branch-on-a-trolley

19 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Food is not a concrete block, sandstone brick or lump of Lego. It is neither card nor wood.

So, dear pub ‘chefs’, please stop treating it as a building material.

Stop fvcking stacking food.

Yeah, but then how are they supposed to get away with calling it "artisan" or some other bollocks and charge double for it?

22 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, but then how are they supposed to get away with calling it "artisan" or some other bollocks and charge double for it?

by making the portions even smaller and pairing it with a cheap wine full of lactose?

• Haha 1

On 29/09/2023 at 10:29, The Bear said:

I had to move several thousand pounds between two family accounts a couple of years ago using online banking, and the palava they make you go through is amazing. I had the transfer be put on hold and the anti-fraud department ringing up, stating money laundering laws is why they have to do it. Had to get the other account holder to corroborate every little thing, give reasons why the money was being moved, double checking IDs, etc. 

It was a simple transfer between two accounts with the same surname at the same bank FFS. 

We've recently moved house and downsized along the way. Split the equity between mine and the wifes accounts with the view that we will put as much as possible in mid term savings accounts whilst we renovate a new place. Money going into bank accounts from the sale was fine (naturally!). Sending money out has been a horrific experience. After the 2nd transfer my wifes account and all access to it was blocked. Several phone calls with fraud teams asking exactly where the money came from etc (as these are in India you invariably get cut off during a call and have to start again). Even when we forwarded over the final solicitors statement to prove funds the account wasn't unblocked, and were told we would have to visit the nearest branch. Nearest branch actually closed in Harborough the week before, so we had to take an outing to Kettering to go through the same process again. 

Just tried to pay an installment to our builders - account is going through fraud checks again. Wifey on the phone trying to sort.

I appreciate these checks, but the process to unblock surely has to be better than calling teams who are clearly not equipped to deal with the situation, especially as they are closing branches at an alarming rate.  The silly thing is i have a friend who had £1k fraudulently taken out of her account recently (iphone / facetime scam at a gym), and even though she responded to the new payee message (if you didnt you add this contact us....), the bank is refusing to deal with it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Food is not a concrete block, sandstone brick or lump of Lego. It is neither card nor wood.

So, dear pub ‘chefs’, please stop treating it as a building material.

Stop fvcking stacking food.

Ha! I always say to my son that if the burger has to be held together with a massive stick and just falls apart when you take it out, then its not a fecking burger.

Jenga chips. Just **** off.

Edited by Chelmofox
  • Haha 1