Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Vacamion said:

If the academic enquiry finally proves, to great fanfare, that all parapsychological phenomena were invented by hucksters and are used to fool and fleece the gullible and the desperate, it will have been money well spent.

Not holding my breath, though.

Going by his latest interview, highly unlikely. 

11 hours ago, Daggers said:

Daughter calls. Final year of her psychology degree. She's just out of an optional lecture. Parapsychology.

Parafvckingpsychology!

Lecturer said they're going out hunting ghosts with meters.

The bloke has received a grant of £600,000 to investigate parapsychological stuff.

Sixhundredfvckingthousandspounds!

How the frig has this shit got anything to do with academic enquiry? 

Lets give them some credit and assume they are using it as a study of the psychology of why people want to believe this stuff, and why when they do believe it they perceive normal events as having a paranormal cause despite there being literally zero evidence to support the theory.  Once they sort that, on to goddists... 

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Lets give them some credit and assume they are using it as a study of the psychology of why people want to believe this stuff, and why when they do believe it they perceive normal events as having a paranormal cause despite there being literally zero evidence to support the theory.  Once they sort that, on to goddists... 

Generous, but misplaced. 

21 hours ago, Daggers said:

Daughter calls. Final year of her psychology degree. She's just out of an optional lecture. Parapsychology.

Parafvckingpsychology!

The bloke has received a grant of £600,000 to investigate parapsychological stuff.

The fvck is she studying, Hogwarts? 

• Haha 1

On 02/10/2023 at 16:03, Daggers said:

Parafvckingpsychology!

Doffs hat to the “lecturer”. 

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Blister packs which batteries come in.

Be easier to get into Michelle Keegans pants than some of these without losing the fecking plot!!!

Buy them in bulk off Amazon and they come in cheap cellophane wrappers which just break apart when you bend them. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rain King said:

Same. Barely been out of bed since starting to feel ill at the match on Wednesday.

Planning on falling asleep before kick off and hopefully waking up to a positive result.

Hit the Lemsip and see you on the other side, brother.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Tiny in the grand scheme of things but getting the guilt inducing "you didn't come to your appointment thereby depriving Janine and her prosthetic head the opportunity to see her GP" text from the doctor's surgery when I did go to the f***ing appointment

Aww come on. A simple typo.

'You DID come to your appointment thereby.....

35 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Aww come on. A simple typo.

'You DID come to your appointment thereby.....

It grates a bit as although the surgery is generally great they've got a bit of form in messing me about. They once badgered me about having a COVID vaccination when I wasn't sure I was eligible, I questioned it but they insisted I came, and when I did said I couldn't have it and made me feel that I was trying it on 

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Tiny in the grand scheme of things but getting the guilt inducing "you didn't come to your appointment thereby depriving Janine and her prosthetic head the opportunity to see her GP" text from the doctor's surgery when I did go to the f***ing appointment

I had something similar from George Eliot accusing me of depriving some individual of an appointment as I didn't attend. The email said I wouldn't be able to see a consultant in future without a referral from my GP, who would also be informed of my failure to attend.

I emailed back pointing out that I had actually cancelled my appointment as I felt it no longer necessary.

I've heard nothing back.

34 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I had something similar from George Eliot accusing me of depriving some individual of an appointment as I didn't attend. The email said I wouldn't be able to see a consultant in future without a referral from my GP, who would also be informed of my failure to attend.

I emailed back pointing out that I had actually cancelled my appointment as I felt it no longer necessary.

I've heard nothing back.

Mistakes happen and part of me doesn't give a monkeys - and of course people NOT attending appointments is a problem.

It's a pain in the bum though as I now have to ring up to check they've actually updated my vaccination record properly and not added it to someone else's