Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

The utter bafoon who decided to put branches of Greggs inside the fuel station at motorway services.

There's a Greggs literally 50 yards away inside the main service station building, you know, the building that is purposely built for food outlets, shops and toilets (arcades for some weird reason, but thats another story).

Sandra, the only person behind the counter in the petrol station, cant be authorising the pumps and serving steak bakes simultaneously, they have seperate counters.

But after she has managed to finally let you start pumping your fuel, I've then got to go inside and queue behind 5 people ordering lattes, sausage rolls and rather delicious looking caramel custard donuts.

I JUST WANT TO PAY FOR MY FUEL AND BE ON MY WAY.

It's a fuel station, sell fuel. Overpriced drinks and snacks are also acceptable. 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Daggers said:

It's part of my next podcast - Daggers Looks At Things. To date, I'm struggling to attract followers. I'm beginning to wonder if a silent visual format translates well to audio podcasts.

Have you thought of delivering it naked? 

16 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

People getting triggered by social media. No different to people getting triggered by TV programmes back in the day. 

Don't like it? Turn it off or look elsewhere. 

IMO Social media is a (darkly) interesting one in that it's a hugely powerful tool that can be used to further both good and bad, and our advancement of tech has really outpaced our ethical understanding of it.

I was just channel hopping and managed to find The Voice UK on ITV. The judges including Olly Murs and Will.I.Am were in the middle of doing a cover of Stairway To Heaven 😲

It was utterly, utterly horrifying. I had a mixture of not being able to look away and wanting to kick my TV screen in. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I would watch them if they were proper first time reactions. 

Like, first time my boyfriend asked if he could take me up the arse, the first time I tried to apply for benefits in the belief I’d be entitled to benefits, or the first time I attempted to contact BT customer services in Mumbai over a poor download speed issue. 

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Like, first time my boyfriend asked if he could take me up the arse, the first time I tried to apply for benefits in the belief I’d be entitled to benefits, or the first time I attempted to contact BT customer services in Mumbai over a poor download speed issue. 

A rich tapestry of shaftings... 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

But if you had to pick a favourite…?

23 hours ago, The Bear said:

I was just channel hopping and managed to find The Voice UK on ITV. The judges including Olly Murs and Will.I.Am were in the middle of doing a cover of Stairway To Heaven 😲

It was utterly, utterly horrifying. I had a mixture of not being able to look away and wanting to kick my TV screen in. 

Did you see the bloke who looked like an older version of Paul Whitehouse? He had no idea what was going on lol

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

The disgusting mods here allowing an 146-page Ukraine thread but pretty much barring any discussion of an ongoing genocide.

Bit early in the day to begin drinking, eh?

There’s an internet-full of alternatives for you to explore if you really think anyone cares about your political hot take.

• Like 1