Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Need a new tv. Had an ancient 40 inch HD LCD thing that outlasted 3 different sound systems. 

Started some research. Fek me, what a jargon filled industry it’s become. Barely have a clue what half this stuff really means with each manufacturer having different acronyms for the same thing. What’s a bloody quantum dot ffs. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Need a new tv. Had an ancient 40 inch HD LCD thing that outlasted 3 different sound systems. 

Started some research. Fek me, what a jargon filled industry it’s become. Barely have a clue what half this stuff really means with each manufacturer having different acronyms for the same thing. What’s a bloody quantum dot ffs. 

Just go on the What Hifi website and look at the TV best buys.

I've always been into tech but I have to say after decades of scrutinising specs of various devices I'm starting to get a bit bored of it

Guest Sideshow Faes
5 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Just go on the What Hifi website and look at the TV best buys.

I've always been into tech but I have to say after decades of scrutinising specs of various devices I'm starting to get a bit bored of it

I generally research everything I buy of this type. 

But I am starting to think that the difference between 9/10 and 6/10 is becoming negliable for most tech.

Differences that technically exist, but are virtually unnoticeable to 99% of the population.

And let's be honest, it's really very obvious that whole industries are playing games with consumers. First 3D TVs become available (that was only ever going to be a fad btw) en masse, then 4K en masse, then 8k en masse. It's like the whole industry agrees the date for the next incremental change and does it together. 

We should be well beyond where we are but big players have industries sown up and there's no need for them to try, beyond pretending that they are.

44 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

Cafes in walking areas that don’t allow dogs.

1 minute ago, adejo92 said:

Cafes that allow dogs.

Not a cafe as such, but Eye Kettleby lakes cater for both. They have 2 exact rooms of similar size, set out the same where in one room they allow dogs and the other no dags are allowed. This included weekday and Sunday eating. Certainly worth popping in. 

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Increasing amount of aggressive drivers. The roads seem to get worse every year. 

Agree. I used to enjoy driving but I don't anymore.

It's just a necessity now and I'm always relieved when my journey is over.

• Like 1

Trying for the 3rd time to resolve a problem with Virgin email. I can't access my email account and I have spent a total of 6 hours trying to sort it out.

If I try to reset the password via the link on the log-in screen it just redirects me to the VM homepage. Which then tells me my email account is currently unavailable and gives a link to reset the password. I click on the link and that also tells me my account is currently unavailable. And round I go again.

I contact the on-line help and get a chatbot. Every time the chatbot goes through the same process of identification, Fine.

Then I eventually get to "live chat" with an "advisor". Each time I've had to go through the same hoop-jumping. Then, after I have explained the issue AGAIN, they send another password reset form, I submit a new password, they assure me that will resolve the issue. It doesn't.

I want to talk to a person, over the phone but when I ring the number, I get a choice of options: is your issue regarding;

1) Broadband, TV, landline? NO!

2) Mobile? NO!!!!!!!

There is no option to select email issue.

There is no number to contact an actual person that I can actually speak to.

Fvcking fuming. 

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Trying for the 3rd time to resolve a problem with Virgin email. I can't access my email account and I have spent a total of 6 hours trying to sort it out.

If I try to reset the password via the link on the log-in screen it just redirects me to the VM homepage. Which then tells me my email account is currently unavailable and gives a link to reset the password. I click on the link and that also tells me my account is currently unavailable. And round I go again.

I contact the on-line help and get a chatbot. Every time the chatbot goes through the same process of identification, Fine.

Then I eventually get to "live chat" with an "advisor". Each time I've had to go through the same hoop-jumping. Then, after I have explained the issue AGAIN, they send another password reset form, I submit a new password, they assure me that will resolve the issue. It doesn't.

I want to talk to a person, over the phone but when I ring the number, I get a choice of options: is your issue regarding;

2) Mobile? NO!!!!!!!

Fvcking fuming. 

Accessing your emails on their website is notoriously a drawn out experience, can you get in to your account overall?

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

2) Mobile? NO!!!!!!!

Fvcking fuming. 

Have you cleared your cookies, tried a different browser etc.

3 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Accessing your emails on their website is notoriously a drawn out experience, can you get in to your account overall?

I can only get into the VM homepage where I can view billing and package details etc. 

I can't access emails through any of the links, including the one I have in my list of favourites where normally, I'd get directly to my email account without issue.

It seems there's been some suspicious activity and the email account has been locked but for it take so much time and repeated attempts to resolve it, seems a bit like they aren't that bothered.

28 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I can only get into the VM homepage where I can view billing and package details etc. 

I can't access emails through any of the links, including the one I have in my list of favourites where normally, I'd get directly to my email account without issue.

It seems there's been some suspicious activity and the email account has been locked but for it take so much time and repeated attempts to resolve it, seems a bit like they aren't that bothered.

Did they mention what the suspicious activity was? As could it be that there was an issue then with all your attempts to get in to the email it's now locked.

8 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Did they mention what the suspicious activity was? As could it be that there was an issue then with all your attempts to get in to the email it's now locked.

Not specifically, but having looked at similar issues, it seems  possible that there has been suspicious spam activity that could be causing the account to be locked.

I just wish I could actually talk directly to a human tech rather than some bot or agent that follows a prescribed algorithm which doesn't allow me to fully interact.

• Like 1