Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

Your issue is with broadband as that is the Internet part of your account. 

56 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Hmm it's not really, connectivity is nothing to do with email

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

It's still a lot closer than phone or TV given the choices. 

It's not a connectivity issue. I can access the VM homepage and view bills, accounts, package etc.

The issue is I can't access emails no matter what. And when I try the helpline I only get a choice of Broadband, TV, landline or Mobile.

My issue is not linked to any of these options. And, yes it does feel like I'm being fobbed off.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

It's not a connectivity issue. I can access the VM homepage and view bills, accounts, package etc.

The issue is I can't access emails no matter what. And when I try the helpline I only get a choice of Broadband, TV, landline or Mobile.

My issue is not linked to any of these options. And, yes it does feel like I'm being fobbed off.

So call the broadband dept and tell them you want directing to the relevant department, or technical support. 

• Thanks 1

Lidl/Starbucks car park on upperton road bridge. 

Every possible nationality seems to hang out there and almost all with a complete lack of road/car park etiquette. It's appalling.

Taxis waiting on the zebra crossing. Sudden stops as  drivers take an absolute age to select a space. Others insistent on using the nearest space to shops and prepared to wait and hold everyone up indefinitely. Driving on wrong side. Throwing debris out of window. Never ever a wave of thanks

Today was the tin lid. I beckoned an obese female couple across the zebra crossing, no wave of thanks tho!. Meanwhile the car approaching the other way couldn't be arsed to stop and nearly killed them. 

58 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

My 8-8 shifts getting extended for another 3 weeks. Been on them since August 

Hated shift working. 12 hrs is so knackering. In particular night shifts.

My shifts were 6-6 AM and PM. Getting up and 4:30 AM to get to base in time to do all the checks and prep for the shift and then not finishing on time, regularly 90 mins or more after end of shift, meant a 15hr shift in total. Then similar hours on nights followed by the drive home in the morning. I often used to fail to remember driving home after a night shift as I was so tired.

I hope for your sanity, this is AM to PM and not PM to AM

When you're on a train and there's an announcement that you're approaching the next station, so loads of people get up and rush to the doors.

Calm your tits. Its quite often that a train will stop for a short while before it actually reaches the platform too.

The people that do this are the same kind of folk who applaud their aeroplane landing.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

When you're on a train and there's an announcement that you're approaching the next station, so loads of people get up and rush to the doors.

Calm your tits. Its quite often that a train will stop for a short while before it actually reaches the platform too.

The people that do this are the same kind of folk who applaud their aeroplane landing.

The jostling for position on a plane is much worse, as soon as you've landed you start to hear the clicks of the seat belts opening & it's like a frogs chorus when the captain brings the plane to a stop & switches the seatbelt sign off as people clamber up to get bags only to be left standing for 15minutes with their arse in someones face whilst the ground crew try & sort the steps out.
The irony of it all is that being British they then let those people that didn't stand up out as they move down the plane.
For the sake of 1 maybe 2 minutes longer on the plane, just stay seated.

23 hours ago, Parafox said:

Trying for the 3rd time to resolve a problem with Virgin email. I can't access my email account and I have spent a total of 6 hours trying to sort it out.

If I try to reset the password via the link on the log-in screen it just redirects me to the VM homepage. Which then tells me my email account is currently unavailable and gives a link to reset the password. I click on the link and that also tells me my account is currently unavailable. And round I go again.

I contact the on-line help and get a chatbot. Every time the chatbot goes through the same process of identification, Fine.

Then I eventually get to "live chat" with an "advisor". Each time I've had to go through the same hoop-jumping. Then, after I have explained the issue AGAIN, they send another password reset form, I submit a new password, they assure me that will resolve the issue. It doesn't.

I want to talk to a person, over the phone but when I ring the number, I get a choice of options: is your issue regarding;

1) Broadband, TV, landline? NO!

2) Mobile? NO!!!!!!!

There is no option to select email issue.

There is no number to contact an actual person that I can actually speak to.

Fvcking fuming. 

Have you tried https://community.virginmedia.com/

I have made more progress raising an issue on there, twice for myself and once for someone I was supporting.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

54 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

The jostling for position on a plane is much worse, as soon as you've landed you start to hear the clicks of the seat belts opening & it's like a frogs chorus when the captain brings the plane to a stop & switches the seatbelt sign off as people clamber up to get bags only to be left standing for 15minutes with their arse in someones face whilst the ground crew try & sort the steps out.
The irony of it all is that being British they then let those people that didn't stand up out as they move down the plane.

Not just people getting off transport.

I went to Belfast in September, on the return flight the staff at Belfast Airport had decided to split the passengers into two lines, clearly signposted, one for the front 10 rows, and other for the back 9 (was only a small plane). Its a good idea, East Mids didn't bother with it, but it meant people weren't getting on at the front or back and pushing past people to get to the far end of the plane. We're in row 14 and queueing on the right and the left queue starts getting on first and it's just about gone and ours has started to move and is about half gone. This couple rock up late, flies past us down the now empty left queue and the woman of the pair goes "Oh is this the express boarding?" She didn't pay for express boarding, I know she didn't because it wasn't an option, so why she thought there would be an express line and also why she thought she was entitled to use it is beyond me. Of course, this meant she got on at the front (the crew should have turned her back) but was sat in row 18, so had to push all the way past everyone else to get to her seat, defeating the whole purpose of the two lines.

47 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Have you tried https://community.virginmedia.com/

I have made more progress raising an issue on there, twice for myself and once for someone I was supporting.

Tried just now. There's a recent post on there with the same issue as me. I'm going to keep checking back for a response.

I actually managed to speak directly to a techy from VM but the steps he told me to follow still didn't work. 

5 times now, I've tried to resolve this and I'm getting quite down about it.

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Leicester Tigers referring to their game with Northampton as a massive “East Midlands derby” I’ve not checked my geography but it just sounds wrong 

Rugby is just such a weird sport. From their fans antics to these random “local” derbies. 

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 16:51, BKLFox said:

It’s not that though is it. 

Recently I’ve been abroad twice, both arriving back at EMA. Because of my power walk once off the plane I’m able to beat several hundred passengers from other planes landing around the same time, or who’ve parked closer to the arrivals hall than we have. It means I’m one of the first at passport control where EMA only have about 6 lanes.

On both occasions I’ve been back at home within 1h of landing. That’d never happen unless you’re one of the first off. Obviously it’s a bit trickier if you’re in the middle of the aircraft, but even then, you don’t want to be stuck behind all the people who are happy with being last, because rather than being home in an hour, you’re still at passport control 

Edited by The Year Of The Fox

59 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

It’s not that though is it. 

Recently I’ve been abroad twice, both arriving back at EMA. Because of my power walk once off the plane I’m able to beat several hundred passengers from other planes landing around the same time, or who’ve parked closer to the arrivals hall than we have. It means I’m one of the first at passport control where EMA only have about 6 lanes.

On both occasions I’ve been back at home within 1h of landing. That’d never happen unless you’re one of the first off. Obviously it’s a bit trickier if you’re in the middle of the aircraft, but even then, you don’t want to be stuck behind all the people who are happy with being last, because rather than being home in an hour, you’re still at passport control 

Yep, at Heathrow and Gatwick you can make up huge amounts of time. Even more important when you’ve got transport to catch. At Gatwick last week I ran through, pushing old people who don’t know how to work passport barriers out the way, and stepped onto a train as the doors were closing. next train was 41 minutes. To say you’re only saving 1 or 2 minutes is incredibly naive 

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 18:48, Parafox said:

Tried just now. There's a recent post on there with the same issue as me. I'm going to keep checking back for a response.

I actually managed to speak directly to a techy from VM but the steps he told me to follow still didn't work. 

5 times now, I've tried to resolve this and I'm getting quite down about it.

Are you still with Virgin for other services?

Have you tried accessing from an email app instead of a browser? Have you also tried all the forgotten options so no just password but username as well?

2 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yep, at Heathrow and Gatwick you can make up huge amounts of time. Even more important when you’ve got transport to catch. At Gatwick last week I ran through, pushing old people who don’t know how to work passport barriers out the way, and stepped onto a train as the doors were closing. next train was 41 minutes. To say you’re only saving 1 or 2 minutes is incredibly naive 

How nice of you

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@The Year Of The Fox @grobyfox1990 

People stand for 5-15mins before the doors open!

If you and I were in in the same or very close aisle to each other you standing and me not I would be under 2minutes behind you because people would let me out.

I would suggest that you have got to passport control or the train due to your actions outside of the plane, ie sprinting/speed marching and not because you stood up 15minutes prior to the plane doors opening.

Also and this is where it mainly comes in, you obviously didn’t have any hold baggage because having hold baggage is the great leveller regardless of how many people you trample over on exit.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

@The Year Of The Fox @grobyfox1990 

People stand for 5-15mins before the doors open!

If you and I were in in the same or very close aisle to each other you standing and me not I would be under 2minutes behind you because people would let me out.

I would suggest that you have got to passport control or the train due to your actions outside of the plane, ie sprinting/speed marching and not because you stood up 15minutes prior to the plane doors opening.

Also and this is where it mainly comes in, you obviously didn’t have any hold baggage because having hold baggage is the great leveller regardless of how many people you trample over on exit.

Ahhhh ok understood and agreed. Completely misinterpreted your initial post and you understood mine perfectly. In which case, I agree with you. Standing up as soon as the plane lands is pointless. As you point out I always let people in the aisles ahead of me go first, even when in a rush 

• Like 1