Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 15/11/2023 at 15:48, tom27111 said:

When you're on a train and there's an announcement that you're approaching the next station, so loads of people get up and rush to the doors.

Calm your tits. Its quite often that a train will stop for a short while before it actually reaches the platform too.

The people that do this are the same kind of folk who applaud their aeroplane landing.

lol

My daughter and I were those "kind of folk" on trains twice yesterday - but up even earlier to beat the announcement and the rush. ;)

This was to avoid missing train connections. If you "calm your tits" and wait to arrive at the station, it can take 5 minutes longer to get off the train, as tit-calmed folk take their time to put on coats, deposit suitcases in the aisle, have a general natter and progress towards the door at 0.00001 mph while looking gormlessly around them. That 5-minute gain can be the difference between making your connection and spending an hour waiting for the next train.

When traveling to the terminus and not rushing off somewhere, I do calm my tits and remain seated, though..... :D

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Octopus have billed me £241 for payments they failed to charge dating back to March of this year.

They actually charged my account with 3 separate amounts on the same day (October 8th) to make up for missed payments.

It's not a massive amount but my gripe is why did it take them so long to realise and dump it all on me in one bill?

Was gonna leave it but definitely gonna call tomorrow and rant at someone in a call centre in India who may or may not understand English:@

28 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Octopus have billed me £241 for payments they failed to charge dating back to March of this year.

They actually charged my account with 3 separate amounts on the same day (October 8th) to make up for missed payments.

It's not a massive amount but my gripe is why did it take them so long to realise and dump it all on me in one bill?

Was gonna leave it but definitely gonna call tomorrow and rant at someone in a call centre in India who may or may not understand English:@

I get it's annoying, but please remember it's not the fault of the person on the end of the phone, they are just trying to make a living

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FoxesDeb said:

I get it's annoying, but please remember it's not the fault of the person on the end of the phone, they are just trying to make a living

Is it part of their job to explain why the company they work for has done this and reassure me that it isn't a case of..

"never mind how or why this has happened, just pay what the number on the bill says you owe" (until we change our minds 9 months later)

Got a feeling the person on the phone is going to know just as much as I do.

Just a "sorry we fcuked up" would be nice but it's more of a " your bill is now up to date so pay the lump sum within 14 days"

53 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Same they hit me for £300

16 minutes ago, Royston. said:

Is it part of their job to explain why the company they work for has done this and reassure me that it isn't a case of..

"never mind how or why this has happened, just pay what the number on the bill says you owe" (until we change our minds 9 months later)

Got a feeling the person on the phone is going to know just as much as I do.

Just a "sorry we fcuked up" would be nice but it's more of a " your bill is now up to date so pay the lump sum within 14 days"

It is, but if you've been billed to actual meter readings there won't really be a lot they can tell you.

Were your previous bills estimated? 

No but the bills are for gas used in those periods.

At the time, I was getting billed for electric and gas so I assumed nothing was wrong.

As mentioned, I'm most annoyed it took them all the time from March to October to realise their error and just hit me with a lump sum.

So here I am thinking I'm on top of things but now I have to find £200 after recently forking out for the car to pass its mot and Christmas is round the corner.

6 minutes ago, Royston. said:

No but the bills are for gas used in those periods.

At the time, I was getting billed for electric and gas so I assumed nothing was wrong.

As mentioned, I'm most annoyed it took them all the time from March to October to realise their error and just hit me with a lump sum.

So here I am thinking I'm on top of things but now I have to find £200 after recently forking out for the car to pass its mot and Christmas is round the corner.

It’s the kind of thing I just wouldn’t do. I’d tell them it’s their mistake and I don’t have the money (whether I did or not) and make an offer to pay it off over six months or something. 

10 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Are you still with Virgin for other services?

Have you tried accessing from an email app instead of a browser? Have you also tried all the forgotten options so no just password but username as well?

Broadband and the Tivo box thing for TV, gaming and streaming.

Yes, I have tried and I've set up a new Gmail account (as VM advised) so that I could reset the password via a 3rd party account.

Didn't work. I still get the message saying my email address or password are incorrect even though I've only just changed the password and the email address/username is imprinted on my brain.

The VM email app won't allow me access either.

Seems I'm stuck and I can't figure out why unless the account has been hacked and any changes are blocked by hackers :dunno:

Nothing the VM tech support has suggested has worked so far. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to the Gmail account and notify every person or organisation, banks, GP, DWP etc. etc. of the new email address. 

Guest Sideshow Faes

10:50pm. Not had a chance to eat. Popped to McDonald's. Even now their drive through are incapable of just serving you say the window. Now have to sit for twenty minutes waiting. Shite.

On 19/11/2023 at 19:23, Parafox said:

Broadband and the Tivo box thing for TV, gaming and streaming.

Yes, I have tried and I've set up a new Gmail account (as VM advised) so that I could reset the password via a 3rd party account.

Didn't work. I still get the message saying my email address or password are incorrect even though I've only just changed the password and the email address/username is imprinted on my brain.

The VM email app won't allow me access either.

Seems I'm stuck and I can't figure out why unless the account has been hacked and any changes are blocked by hackers :dunno:

Nothing the VM tech support has suggested has worked so far. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to the Gmail account and notify every person or organisation, banks, GP, DWP etc. etc. of the new email address. 

Tell them you'll leave at the end of your contract if they don't assist in getting you back in to it, or ask them if they have the ability to see where its being accessed from (if it is being used by someone else). They know you're the account holder so I don't see an issue with that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 15/11/2023 at 15:48, tom27111 said:

When you're on a train and there's an announcement that you're approaching the next station, so loads of people get up and rush to the doors.

Calm your tits. Its quite often that a train will stop for a short while before it actually reaches the platform too.

The people that do this are the same kind of folk who applaud their aeroplane landing.

What an absolutely nonsense call. 

No they are not, at all. Complete fvcking opposite. 

I would say that the sort of weirdos that applaud the plane landing are absolutely, 100% the sort of people that faff around dawdling like they've got all the time in the world and they're not in anyone's way. 

I'm always that guy getting up to be the first off the train. Often because I've got a connection but mostly because I absolutely hate crowds and don't want to be near any of you other weirdos slowing me down and getting in my space. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

What an absolutely nonsense call. 

No they are not, at all. Complete fvcking opposite. 

I would say that the sort of weirdos that applaud the plane landing are absolutely, 100% the sort of people that faff around dawdling like they've got all the time in the world and they're not in anyone's way. 

I'm always that guy getting up to be the first off the train. Often because I've got a connection but mostly because I absolutely hate crowds and don't want to be near any of you other weirdos slowing me down and getting in my space. 

Should try landing in the Channel Islands, these pilots deserve applause! Yesterday landing the plane was swaying so much I was sure it would miss the runway. A dude fell off his chair it was so bumpy, people screaming etc. Bravo

38 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Should try landing in the Channel Islands, these pilots deserve applause! Yesterday landing the plane was swaying so much I was sure it would miss the runway. A dude fell off his chair it was so bumpy, people screaming etc. Bravo

😳