Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

11 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

A bit exaggerated in Ireland though I think by the very short time in which a subsection of educated / professional people including migrants have done very well, leaving a relatively poor white working class behind and now unable to afford to own a home in areas where they lived for generations.  Almost overnight.

image.thumb.png.a281232c8c14e3b54dfd2a63a48a68ff.pngnot Ireland right now

Housing is a huge issue down south but that's because of rack renting landlords, vulture capital firms and the Irish govts doing everything they can to fvck over the public in favour of US corporations.

The cost of living down south is an absolute joke and has been more or less since they joined the euro.

FF/FG have been in govt since 1947 and have been atrocious for the country

27 minutes ago, Langston said:

I don't think it is, I just think station pints are broadly overpriced. 

It defo is out of control but not sure what the dude expected ordering a Guinness at a train station pub. £7.05 isn’t bad considering. Having this convo on Friday, what would your limit be? It’s approaching that time in London, £8? I’ve paid £8.20 for a beer in London and I’ve vowed never to cross that 

9 hours ago, bovril said:

I think London has a greater range of good but not insanely priced pubs than most cities. In a lot of places in South England you have good pubs, which are just as expensive as London, and then cheap pubs, which you really don't want to go to.

Yeah, this was always my view of it. I really don't think London is that bad if you shop well.

• Like 1

It's expensive even in the Midlands depending where you go. 

I went in one of my local snooker clubs last night and 3 pints and a J2O was bang on £20!!

Granted the pints were 2 Moretti's and a Cruzcampo (not cheap Carling shite) but still, it's nearly £6 a pint FFS. 

Edited by The Bear

20 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

It defo is out of control but not sure what the dude expected ordering a Guinness at a train station pub. £7.05 isn’t bad considering. Having this convo on Friday, what would your limit be? It’s approaching that time in London, £8? I’ve paid £8.20 for a beer in London and I’ve vowed never to cross that 

It surely depends on the beer. Any decent craft keg is going to be over £7 a pint. If someone is charging that for a peroni or guiness then that’s different. 

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

It surely depends on the beer. Any decent craft keg is going to be over £7 a pint. If someone is charging that for a peroni or guiness then that’s different. 

Yeh lots of variables like type of drink and expiry date (inflation obvs gonna have an effect) but in the bear future I can confidently say I won’t pay more than £8.20 for 568ml of beer in England 

2 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh lots of variables like type of drink and expiry date (inflation obvs gonna have an effect) but in the bear future I can confidently say I won’t pay more than £8.20 for 568ml of beer in England 

Yeah I agree it’s becoming a joke 

On 19/11/2023 at 19:23, Parafox said:

Broadband and the Tivo box thing for TV, gaming and streaming.

Yes, I have tried and I've set up a new Gmail account (as VM advised) so that I could reset the password via a 3rd party account.

Didn't work. I still get the message saying my email address or password are incorrect even though I've only just changed the password and the email address/username is imprinted on my brain.

The VM email app won't allow me access either.

Seems I'm stuck and I can't figure out why unless the account has been hacked and any changes are blocked by hackers :dunno:

Nothing the VM tech support has suggested has worked so far. Looks like I'm going to have to resort to the Gmail account and notify every person or organisation, banks, GP, DWP etc. etc. of the new email address. 

On 22/11/2023 at 09:10, Tommy Fresh said:

Tell them you'll leave at the end of your contract if they don't assist in getting you back in to it, or ask them if they have the ability to see where its being accessed from (if it is being used by someone else). They know you're the account holder so I don't see an issue with that.

Pushed VM again and a few days ago some VM tech guy on a support forum offered to pass on my complaint after I said I was about done with their sh1t on-line bots and was prepared to go elsewhere.

I now have my email access returned albeit with a ridiculously convoluted password provided by VM.

Funny that, huh?

• Like 2

12 hours ago, The Bear said:

It's expensive even in the Midlands depending where you go. 

I went in one of my local snooker clubs last night and 3 pints and a J20 was bang on £20!!

Granted the pints were 2 Moretti's and a Cruzcampo (not cheap Carling shite) but still, it's nearly £6 a pint FFS. 

I didn’t know you hung around with Brendan Rodgers

On 28/11/2023 at 15:15, UniFox21 said:

Finding searching for a rental house is about as bad as job hunting.

Having to chase an estate agent to tell me if my application has been successful is bloody infuriating 

Agree with this looking for a while can’t find anywhere I like though. most places are someones house turned into 4 flats no thanks not even got to the estate agent part yet.