Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Having to move out of the way of people walking along looking at their phones, totally oblivious to anything happening around them. 

lol

This happened to me twice the other day

IPhone zombies

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Having to move out of the way of people walking along looking at their phones, totally oblivious to anything happening around them. 

The pavement outside my house is taped off after the builder who did my driveway in very public spirited fashion fixed some of the wonky and broken paving.

Watched someone this morning climb over the tape whilst on their phone, walk across the cordoned off section and right through the patch of wet cement as if none of it were there

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

The pavement outside my house is taped off after the builder who did my driveway in very public spirited fashion fixed some of the wonky and broken paving.

Watched someone this morning climb over the tape whilst on their phone, walk across the cordoned off section and right through the patch of wet cement as if none of it were there

Update: my wife thinks she knows who it was and they may well have an "intellectual disability" so I'm prepared to cut them a bit of slack

• Haha 1

I know LadBaby have raised loads of money for charity but I get the feel from them both that its a massive self indulged vanity project and the benefit to charity is just an offset of that. Even what they said about not releasing a christmas single this year gave very humble brag vibes.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Nalis said:

I know LadBaby have raised loads of money for charity but I get the feel from them both that its a massive self indulged vanity project and the benefit to charity is just an offset of that. Even what they said about not releasing a christmas single this year gave very humble brag vibes.

Forest fans too...

• Like 1

10 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

People who don't understand that billionaires are mainly just lucky, not smart hard-working amazingly skilled people. As proven by the below.

https://www.ft.com/content/3944234e-e3b4-46fa-8c2f-cadec780ecb4

Not sure of your point?  Obviously no inheritance is earned, but that doesn't mean the wealth wasn't.  Surely someone had to be a smart hard working amazingly skilled person in the first place?  Unless they stole it oligarch style of course.

5 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Not sure of your point?  Obviously no inheritance is earned, but that doesn't mean the wealth wasn't.  Surely someone had to be a smart hard working amazingly skilled person in the first place?  Unless they stole it oligarch style of course.

The second line is my point. Inheritance in completely unearned, billionaires today are mainly just lucky. True, it may have been earned at some point. 

2 hours ago, Daggers said:

Boy is Jon in for a surprise when he finds out meritocracies don’t exist and wealth is amassed through the undervaluation of others and exploitation of their labour.

That was my main point but I have NO backing and it's purely an anecdotal opinion, so thanks for saying it for me. We live in a commoditised world, where 'rent' capitalism dominates. You tend to become a billionaire by being the middleman, broker, agent, fixer, useless person in the middle collecting a fee for doing no work. Not typically through sheer hard work and building a business from scratch, those days are long gone.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Nalis said:

Never liked tbh, something about them puts me off them. All feels very forced and charity angle has pushed them on further. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

People who don't understand that billionaires are mainly just lucky, not smart hard-working amazingly skilled people. As proven by the below.

https://www.ft.com/content/3944234e-e3b4-46fa-8c2f-cadec780ecb4

In general those who are successful, likely many on "high performance" took some risks and got a lucky break, and then worked from there. Rather than all this bullshit preaching they give out of things they've done 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

This. Same issue when walking across the road and scrolling on their phones, FFS put it away for a few secs.

...zip...nothing to see here...

10 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Deliberately walk into them 

Or scream "he's got a gun, run!".  Wait, probably won't work as the bastards would have headphones jammed in their ears lol. Should be able to send them an emergency SOS sound at high volume that states "you are a cvnt" lol

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Daggers said:

Boy is Jon in for a surprise when he finds out meritocracies don’t exist and wealth is amassed through the undervaluation of others and exploitation of their labour.

So, let me get this straight.

Royal Mail don't appreciate me and would end my 16 years of impeccable service at the drop of a hat?

• Haha 1

On 30/11/2023 at 13:44, HighPeakFox said:

The main forum, the majority of the time. I'm just not going there today. 

I regret ever looking at it. People find anything to moan about when we are top of the league. Some fans will never be happy. Only thing that deserves moaning is our atmosphere but even then we are no worse than a lot of teams. 

• Like 3

Steam refusing to deactivate my Steam Account because I cannot remember my credit card details from 2003 or whenever I set it up, which I've not even logged onto for at least 12 years. My only reminder that I ever had the bloody thing are notifications that attempts have been made to break into it from Azerbaijan, Nepal, Brazil or wherever.

They're very sorry of course, and understand that what they want is very old but unless I can prove who I am they cannot act on my instruction.

I have therefore simply blocked the emails