Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

On 02/12/2023 at 18:04, Langston said:

I completely appreciate things need to be monetised sometimes but podcast adverts are becoming a bit mad. I love the Socially Distant Sports Bar but you’re 6 minutes in before you get to the opening jingle nowadays!

The alternative would be to pay a subscription for your podcasts, but presume that wouldn't suit either. Someones got to make a turn somewhere. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

The alternative would be to pay a subscription for your podcasts, but presume that wouldn't suit either. Someones got to make a turn somewhere. 

I stump up for YouTube Premium as don't want the kids blasted with ads. These embedded adverts are so annoying as you pay for ad free viewing and the buggers them embed them in the content.

Spotify premium is same gig as I'm already paying for ad free listening. 

• Like 1

Tradespeople who don’t turn up. Chimney sweep booked, stayed in all day when could have been doing something constructive just for them to be a no show. No phone call or anything.

do these people not care that by wasting my time waiting for them to show up I have lost my own days income.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Tradespeople who don’t turn up. Chimney sweep booked, stayed in all day when could have been doing something constructive just for them to be a no show. No phone call or anything.

do these people not care that by wasting my time waiting for them to show up I have lost my own days income.

If you are Leicestershire based I can recommend another chimney sweep.

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

Boiler problems - got a 3 year old Vaillant that wont fire up today, no hot water or heating this morning, luckily its 3 years into a 10 year warranty but anything boiler related is still a pain in the arse. 

Not saying it will be this & you've probably checked but if the outlet pipe has frozen ( & it doesn't have to be a large ice blockage) then the safety turns off the boiler & won't start until thawed out which is thankfully really simple to fix.
Mine was constantly doing it through the winter so i just lagged the outside part of the pipe which went into downspout of drain & issue solved.

19 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

Not saying it will be this & you've probably checked but if the outlet pipe has frozen ( & it doesn't have to be a large ice blockage) then the safety turns off the boiler & won't start until thawed out which is thankfully really simple to fix.
Mine was constantly doing it through the winter so i just lagged the outside part of the pipe which went into downspout of drain & issue solved.

I think you’re referring to the condensate drain. Only applies to condensing boilers but is an issue and an easy fix. Sadly, this time of year, boilers will be working at their hardest so more likely to break down so it could be anything. Without further description it’s impossible to diagnose. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I think you’re referring to the condensate drain. Only applies to condensing boilers but is an issue and an easy fix. Sadly, this time of year, boilers will be working at their hardest so more likely to break down so it could be anything. Without further description it’s impossible to diagnose. 

Indeed. Mine packed in a few weeks ago and it was the ignition diodes plug things. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

It wasn’t working today and it wasn’t freezing so I’m not sure? 

1 hour ago, jgtuk said:

Is it gas?

@Tommy G

Boiler problems - got a 3 year old Vaillant that wont fire up today, no hot water or heating this morning, luckily its 3 years into a 10 year warranty but anything boiler related is still a pain in the arse. 

Open the lower panel of the front cover and check the digital display which shows the BAR? 

Is the display showing an F22 fault?

If so you need to open the 2 small taps under the boiler until the pointer is between both upper and lowers markers on the dial:

Edited by Parafox

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

@Tommy G

Boiler problems - got a 3 year old Vaillant that wont fire up today, no hot water or heating this morning, luckily its 3 years into a 10 year warranty but anything boiler related is still a pain in the arse. Have you checked the water pressure gauge on the front of the boiler? Is the pointer outside the two guide marks on the dial?

Is the display showing an F22 fault?

If so you need to open the 2 small taps under the boiler:

F28 and F54. Plumber came and stabilised it and Vaillant are coming to replace the fan and a gas valve?? Under warranty. No idea but it’s not costing me anything 🤣

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommy G said:

F28 and F54. Plumber came and stabilised it and Vaillant are coming to replace the fan and a gas valve?? Under warranty. No idea but it’s not costing me anything 🤣

Good. 

I have had boiler water pressure problems occasionally and it has always been solved by opening the valves to re-pressurise the thing.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Brilliant. I was going to suggest gas valve, had a few go over the years, always at the start of a cold snap.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Brilliant. I was going to suggest gas valve, had a few go over the years, always at the start of a cold snap.

Not working again this morning, was a bit nippy getting out of bed as -2C outside, Valliant should be coming today - not heard from them yet. 

• Sad 1