Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

We did it ourselves, and to blow my own trumpet, place was bloody immaculate.

Sadly could see my reflection in every surface. I'd argue the place was much better, we fixed a few issues and sorted the garden out. 

We're refraining from answering as we know minute we say it was us, the amount of cleaning need will "increase".

By use the portal, assume you mean reject the offer they'll put in with deductions from the deposit? 

This is the wording of the contract, and the initial inventory stated "the landlord has informed me (the inventory person) the property will be professionally cleaned prior to the tenancy" 

So to me that doesn't state it was cleaned, just that it would be. So there is no written proof it was ever done.

Sorry to hear you've had a rough one with tenants.

IMG_20231215_164909.jpg

The wording is - cleaned to a professional standard, not a professional clean upon end of tenancy. Don’t say you cleaned it, maintain the line that you left the property to a professionally cleaned standard, have date stamped evidence to prove this, and if they disagree you want to see date stamped evidence to prove you wrong. Whatever the inventory says is useless. 

• Thanks 1

I never really use my landline, or bother to check for answering machine messages but today I did just to hear angry people asking why my number was spam calling them. Except it isnt me as I'm at work.  Honestly I really wish I could meet up with these basement dwelling window lickers so I could punch them in their non existent sack, absolute scum. 

Actors,professional sport personalities and celebrities in general who already have a famous close family member.Often in the same field.I know it’s all in the breeding and nothing new.Just seems more noticeable these days.I would make it law that other than the sibling line no one else from that family would be allowed to be particularly famous at anything for four generations.

• Haha 2

Unnecessary mobile phone software updates.

Piss off.

I've got my phone set up how I like it, I don't really care if notifications are going to be "more dynamic".

What does that even mean? 

And I've been OK without having the option of repositioning the clock on my lock screen.

56 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Unnecessary mobile phone software updates.

Piss off.

I've got my phone set up how I like it, I don't really care if notifications are going to be "more dynamic".

What does that even mean? 

And I've been OK without having the option of repositioning the clock on my lock screen.

My samsung got updates last week. It was enough to annoy me as they changed colours of menus and buttons switched order. Fook off! Lol

Edited by Jattdogg
  • Like 1

What's this narrative people seem to be putting in the main forum about people panicking we'll "do a Leicester" and mess it up?

What evidence is there to say we'll mess this up? Recent(ish) league title battles and promotion races seem to suggest we're nothing of the sort...

2002-03 - Didn't mess it up - came second at a canter in the two horse race with Portsmouth

2008-09 - Didn't mess it up - came first at a canter

2013-14 - Didn't mess it up - came first at a canter

2015-16 - Didn't mess it up - came first at a canter

I assume people are either referring to the seasons we capitulated and finished fifth, or the individual moments like Watford in the playoffs or Kermorgant in the shoot out? Even so I'd argue the fourth place battles are entirely different.

It just seems strange that people push this narrative when there's barely any comparable evidence to suggest that it's something we do imo.

6 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I think it's the recent history of finishing 5th when 4th seemed more likely. And doing it twice felt sore.

Even so, that's not "doing a Leicester" that's a team under a flawed manager failing at the last a couple of times. History shows that is not an ingrained historical issue for us. In fact, very recent history shows when it comes to chasing a title or promotion we're pretty damn good at it.

Suspect it's just people being overcautious and underdogging just in case anything did go wrong, but it irks me, that's all.

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Even so, that's not "doing a Leicester" that's a team under a flawed manager failing at the last a couple of times. History shows that is not an ingrained historical issue for us. In fact, very recent history shows when it comes to chasing a title or promotion we're pretty damn good at it.

Suspect it's just people being overcautious and underdogging just in case anything did go wrong, but it irks me, that's all.

Sadly, I think it's deeply ingrained victimhood.

2 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

I’m told this is the place for it in the city 

EF0BDAC1-4357-4F17-9A4C-EFE0656B1B4F.thumb.jpeg.f05ccdb247e9c73314fe200847bab90d.jpeg

On 02/12/2023 at 18:04, Langston said:

I completely appreciate things need to be monetised sometimes but podcast adverts are becoming a bit mad. I love the Socially Distant Sports Bar but you’re 6 minutes in before you get to the opening jingle nowadays!

Yep I purposely skip right through it til I hear the opening jingle.

Don't even bother with the Friday episode now, would be so much better if Stef had his mic taken away.

22 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Football commentators saying "Apologies if you're offended by any language you just heard"

Fvck off, it's a football match. I want to hear it.

Standard response by TV companies. If they didn't apologise, albeit meaningless, someone would be onto OFCOM.

• Like 1

Just now, Parafox said:

Standard response by TV companies. If they didn't apologise, albeit meaningless, someone would be onto OFCOM.

Yeah, true. But it's always happened and always going to happen.

How long before it has to be shown after the watershed?

The other one is when a scrap breaks out and the commentators say "Nobody wants to see scenes like this"

You shut your mouth, everyone wants to see scenes like this.

Then during the ad break, the channel its being shown on promotes a boxing PPV event and tries to convince me to part with 25 quid.

Hypocrites. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah, true. But it's always happened and always going to happen.

How long before it has to be shown after the watershed?

The other one is when a scrap breaks out and the commentators say "Nobody wants to see scenes like this"

You shut your mouth, everyone wants to see scenes like this.

Then during the ad break, the channel its being shown on promotes a boxing PPV event and tries to convince me to part with 25 quid.

Hypocrites. 

Gloves off, gloves on.

One is a fight, the other is a sport.

Apparently.

I think I'd rather pay £25 to watch a proper brawl in a ring rather than some handbags and flying slaps and a bit of shoving around.

I've been a spectator at street brawls and they really are quite funny to watch. Even more amusing is getting the guy with a bloody nose and a swelling on his lip in the back of the ambulance and he's all agitated, spouting off, "I'd have fvucking had him ya know, fvcking twat, he's gonna get ****ed over when I fvcking get him. Hey, paramedic guy, have you got a fvcking plaster for my cut? Sorry, didn't mean to swear. When I get off this ambo I'm havin' it with the fat twat".

"Mate, I'm not gonna die, am I"?

Edited by Parafox
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Parafox said:

Gloves off, gloves on.

One is a fight, the other is a sport.

Apparently.

I think I'd rather pay £25 to watch a proper brawl in a ring rather than some handbags and flying slaps and a bit of shoving around.

I've been a spectator at street brawls and they really are quite funny to watch. Even more amusing is getting the guy with a bloody nose and a swelling on his lip in the back of the ambulance and he's all agitated, spouting off, "I'd have fvucking had him ya know, fvcking twat, he's gonna get ****ed over when I fvcking get him. Hey, paramedic guy, have you got a fvcking plaster for my cut? Sorry, didn't mean to swear. When I get off this ambo I'm havin' it with the fat twat".

"Mate, I'm not gonna die, am I"?

Everyone will be delighted to hear that I didn’t die.