Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

13 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Seats are usually offered to the weak, pregnant or elderly. If you’re not one of these, it’s quite insulting for some randomer on the tube to assume you are. Much like automatically applying the oap rate. 

I sometimes offer a seat when there isn't one close by to women who are carrying a shopping bag or two.

Don't get why it'd be insulting; it seems like a kind gesture, that's all.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I sometimes offer a seat when there isn't one close by to women who are carrying a shopping bag or two.

Those women on your private jet aren’t shoppers, they are holding a life vest. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Exactly. That’s the context required, and is completely different to your initial blanket statement which suggested anyone insulted by being offered a seat is rude.

In an age where we are finally beginning to be aware of people’s anxieties, insinuating that they are weak or unable, heaven forbid pregnant, could be triggering.

Someone overladen with shopping is different 

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Exactly. That’s the context required, and is completely different to your initial blanket statement which suggested anyone insulted by being offered a seat is rude.

In an age where we are finally beginning to be aware of people’s anxieties, insinuating that they are weak or unable, heaven forbid pregnant, could be triggering.

Someone overladen with shopping is different 

I'd rather see a pregnant lady standing than a fat woman crying.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Dubious ebay sellers.

Ordered something before Christmas, nothing happens. Item then gets posted a week after I order it. It's the wrong item. Return it in the new year. No refund, have to go through customer services to get it!

13 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Absolutely more context needed to this statement. Offering a seat on the tube is often considered a faux pas. Like automatically offering someone the OAP rate, to try to be kind. People take offence and for a reason 

As is letting people off before you get on, smiling, giving people any space when its crowded...

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Absolutely more context needed to this statement. Offering a seat on the tube is often considered a faux pas. Like automatically offering someone the OAP rate, to try to be kind. People take offence and for a reason 

Take the offer. Paying £2 less for a haircut. It's a win situation.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Wymsey said:

People who lack basic manners.

For example, had offered someone a seat on the underground earlier and they said "Why, do you think I look disabled or old?".

I really hope you reported them to the Mods...

:whistle:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I really hope you reported them to the Mods...

:whistle:

Nope. :D

I did notice a couple of fellow passengers raising their eyebrows to the person who made the remark.

Edited by Wymsey

15 hours ago, The Bear said:

Any type of power lines can either work first time or be a pain in the a. 

I've always had my router setup myself though. I change my broadcast SSID to NICKNET (cos my names Nick right...) the gateway address to 192.268.0.1 (what my first ever Netgear router was) and always turn MAC address filtering on too. 

The worst thing to do is forget your WiFi router password. Which I've done once or twice and had to factory reset like an idiot. 

All sorted now. Powerline now working properly for first time since we've had it.

Previous failing largely down to quite spectacular user error (the extension unit has two buttons on it, one of which I didn't know about)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

All sorted now. Powerline now working properly for first time since we've had it.

Previous failing largely down to quite spectacular user error (the extension unit has two buttons on it, one of which I didn't know about)

Yeah you have to press the correct button to get it to sync with the main unit and router. 

20 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Company loves misery?

You're probably right. One of the mistakes I realise I've been making for way too long is assuming miserable people would like to be happy when actually they are attached to being miserable and attempting to help them with their problems is like trying to steal the comfort blanket from a small child.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

You need to work on your grabbing skills.

Who's better than Ozleicester at “loving the news,” “respecting racists,” or knowing “the economy”? Answer: Nobody! 

I use the best words, no-one uses better words than me.

• Haha 3