Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, Corky said:

Switching on Sky Sports News to be met with Kaveh Solhekol explaining every story as though the viewers are all eight year old children.

I find him really weird. A right odd bod.

Edited by Izzy
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I find him really weird. A right odd bod.

The other day he said "I could stand here and say the deal is close but Chelsea want to be respectful" he was stood in front of a screen saying deal close.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Switching on Sky Sports News to be met with Kaveh Solhekol explaining every story as though the viewers are all eight year old children.

Yes! It's almost like he's perfect for Sky Sports News though, sometimes they have to fill hours with the same old stories every day and he must buy them at least a couple of hours a day with the fact it takes him about 3 times longer than a normal person to say a simple sentence.

19 hours ago, Corky said:

I know this makes me seem like an old, old man, but the descent of Sky Sports News is genuinely quite sad.

Was a titan until about five years ago. I get it, I get why. Just makes me sad.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wymsey said:

When you press the 'X' to close a pop-up advert but it still doesn't go away.

On dodgy streams I kind of rate this. Play silly games get silly prizes

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

When people walk side by side on the pavement and don’t make room for you when you pass so you have to go on to the actual road. 

I swear in about 95% of these scenarios I'm the idiot moving out of the way to let the other person instead of them.

When sachets with rip tops don’t rip off cleanly because the tears don’t line up, leaving you with a flappy, multi-stranded thing at the top that stops the contents (in this case, cat food) coming out. 

On the flip side, getting  a clean tear-off feels amazing and sets me up for the day. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

The phrase “living rent free”. 

The entirety of Twitter/Reddit/other nobhead subculture that use phrases like this, really.

Delusions of grandeur just because they troll online doesn't come close.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Blarmy said:

When sachets with rip tops don’t rip off cleanly because the tears don’t line up, leaving you with a flappy, multi-stranded thing at the top that stops the contents (in this case, cat food) coming out. 

On the flip side, getting  a clean tear-off feels amazing and sets me up for the day. 

This is a good one.  

Even worse is when a ring pull rips off on a tin.   The tin then usually doesn't open well with a tin opener.  

Infuriating.

However, when the ring pull works and you don't have to use a tin opener, the sense of triumph in the kitchen is palpable.  

On which note.  Tin openers generally are willy pullers.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

The phrase “living rent free”. 

Always used by a certain type of person; generally the same one who uses “snowflake” before having a meltdown about flags.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

This is a good one.  

Even worse is when a ring pull rips off on a tin.   The tin then usually doesn't open well with a tin opener.  

Infuriating.

However, when the ring pull works and you don't have to use a tin opener, the sense of triumph in the kitchen is palpable.  

On which note.  Tin openers generally are willy pullers.  

I remember years ago running out of patience with rubbishy, bendy, ferrous can openers and went on the search for a high precision, lifetime guarantee jobbie to be done with it. Never found one, however I have had the same experience with nail clippers and in this case succeeded. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, westernpark said:

HMRC- been cut off three times now trying to get a letter for proof of self-employment. 

I had to ring them last month and held on for ever.  The guy I spoke to advised me if needed to call them back, to do so as early as possible, after their phone lines open at 8.00am.  Thankfully I didn’t have to. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Torquay Gunner said:

I had to ring them last month and held on for ever.  The guy I spoke to advised me if needed to call them back, to do so as early as possible, after their phone lines open at 8.00am.  Thankfully I didn’t have to. 

Thanks I’ll try that next week. Took my 2 hours and 15 minutes altogether to get through. 

• Like 1