Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

14 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Groups of people in pubs talking about politics. Give it a ****ing break, no one cares who you're voting for.

Was probably better than talking about the football last night. lol

Trains. Everything to do with them. Booking them, being on them and the pricing of them. No wonder people jib them all the time. The nerve over the last couple of years to ask for pay rises as well, shambles 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Trains. Everything to do with them. Booking them, being on them and the pricing of them. No wonder people jib them all the time. The nerve over the last couple of years to ask for pay rises as well, shambles 

One day a party will sort this out and be in power for 30 years

29 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Who? The people asking for pay rises weren't the ones responsible for your complaints I don't think?

• Like 4

On 07/05/2024 at 19:20, Parafox said:

These new plastic bottle screw caps attached to the bottle. 

They're a ball ache to screw back on, and on the small bottles of coke etc, just get in the way and poke you in the face when trying to drink from the bottle.

I just snap them off. They'll get recycled with the bottle once it's empty.

I can't imagine the cost of re-tooling a machine that makes the bottle caps to incorporate something that is pretty much unnecessary.

22 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The new plastic bottle lids that stay attached to the bottle (to aid recycling supposedly) which make pouring and drinking that much more fiddly.

It's supposed to be to keep the lid with the bottle for recycling, but seriously?! Are people really that inept that they can't keep a bottle lid with it's associated bottle? I can count the number of times I have irrecoverably separated a bottle from it's lid on the fingers of zero hands.

I wonder if the people this is aimed at also have their gloves tied together on a long string?

And yes I know the solution. Just pull the lid off completely, which is what I do, thereby invalidating the efforts to introduce completely unnecessary answers to problems that don't exist!

Keep up  :P

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

On 23/06/2024 at 12:11, Grebfromgrebland said:

Actually a lot of people do care. If any of my mates were thinking of voting deform or Tory it would be important to have a good chat with them and see what's wrong in their lives.

Whether I agree with what people are saying or not, I simply don't want to hear it from a group I'm sat next to in a pub, cheers!

Daughter is becoming a permanent fixture on my sofa so I'm hunting for graduate jobs/training ops for her to boost her along.

Milkround.com seems to think offering the role of a teaching assistant as a graduate entry job is taking the piss in the extreme.

If anyone knows of a graduate training prog/apprenticeship in HR let me know - unlike me, she's lovely.

6 minutes ago, Daggers said:

Daughter is becoming a permanent fixture on my sofa so I'm hunting for graduate jobs/training ops for her to boost her along.

Milkround.com seems to think offering the role of a teaching assistant as a graduate entry job is taking the piss in the extreme.

If anyone knows of a graduate training prog/apprenticeship in HR let me know - unlike me, she's lovely.

I can't offer advice, but I do offer sympathy. The graduate jobs market is fvcked to pretty much anyone without nepotism right now, unless the idea of being ridiculously underpaid to work in a school appeals.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Daggers said:

It sounds like you're describing a teaching assistant more than someone from HR to be fair :D

On 27/06/2024 at 08:46, leicsmac said:

Pollen count/hay-fever.

Can't plants just fvck without spreading their own STI to us, please?

I started switching the antihistamines every couple of weeks and that seemed to help a bit

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, bovril said:

I started switching the antihistamines every couple of weeks and that seemed to help a bit

The ones I'm on are doing the job for the most part right now, but it's still deeply aggravating.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

People who refuse to blow their nose. For like. Hours. 

STOP ****ING SNIFFING FOR **** SAKES YOU'RE AN ADULT 

Tbf this was me last week when the other antihistamines I tried didn't work as well as I thought and I wasn't prepared. :sweating:

3 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

@Daggers profile picture lol

I guess the Kettering one wasn't getting enough attention :ph34r:

He changes his profile pic more often than I change my pants

7 hours ago, Finnegan said:

People who refuse to blow their nose. For like. Hours. 

STOP ****ING SNIFFING FOR **** SAKES YOU'RE AN ADULT 

On the subject of noses; there is something deeply satisfying about removing any big bogeys that form up there.

Finger only mind, using an hanky or tissue just isn't the same.

There was a time they would get eaten too - but I've grown out of that now.

• Haha 3

52 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

On the subject of noses; there is something deeply satisfying about removing any big bogeys that form up there.

Finger only mind, using an hanky or tissue just isn't the same.

There was a time they would get eaten too - but I've grown out of that now.

Agreed. A good dig is therapeutic!