Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, jgtuk said:

Sister in law was diagnosed with stage 4 Medullary thyroid cancer last year, she was 39, underwent massive surgery on her neck and upper body, had chemo etc followed by physio as she couldn't walk properly.

Her current prognosis is 5 years max.

She was forced to give up her business and her husband left his job and found part time work so he was able to care for her and their three children.

She just her PIP payment removed totally, apparently she is fit to work.

Can't wait for these inhuman bastards to be voted out.

Is she going to appeal?

Our daughter was entitled to PIP according to the criteria and was claiming it. She was refused following a review assessment that deemed her fit to work despite submitting paperwork to prove otherwise.

We appealed the decision and went to panel. The panel agreed with us and she received full PIP including outstanding payments. In fact the panel didn't even ask questions, they read the file and upheld our appeal. 

That's how bad these assessors are. They have targets to reduce claims. Targets set by the Gov.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 2

Just now, Parafox said:

Is she going to appeal?

Our daughter was entitled to PIP according to the criteria and was claiming it. She was refused following a review assessment that deemed her fit to work despite submitting paperwork to prove otherwise.

We appealed the decision and went to panel. The panel agreed with us and she received full PIP including outstanding payments. In fact the panel didn't even ask questions they read the file and upheld our appeal. 

That's how bad these assessors are. They have targets to reduce claims. Targets set by the Gov.

I believe they’ve started the appeal process.

As if they haven’t enough on their hands already though.

16 minutes ago, jgtuk said:

I believe they’ve started the appeal process.

As if they haven’t enough on their hands already though.

Sounds like they'll be successful with the appeal. Similar to above almost as if it'll be decided the moment you walk into panel if it reaches that far. 

• Like 1

Fvcking taxi drivers, I hate them so much. Today I had to go back to hospital and I was told to park in the drop off space as I was only going in to drop off some equipment at the reception, and when I arrived there was 4 taxis bumper to bumper into 3 spaces with the drivers outside drinking tea and chatting away like it's a taxi rank, one of the front ends of taxi was sticking out onto the road too so, I ended spending 10/15 mins looking for a space in the main carpark which was heaving. Managed to find one which was the furthest fvcking distance from the hospital and carried the equipment through a packed out busy carpark. I got to the reception and mentioned it to the receptionist who rolled her eyes and told me they have been warned many times and she rang security.

Then the journey home I was behind a taxi for a few mile whilst he decided to do between 20 and 23mph for his whole journey and then stopped dead in the middle of the road outside a school and after 5 seconds decided to indicate to enter the school gates that was already full of taxis that was blocking the path. Tossers!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, SeCrEt FoX said:

Fvcking taxi drivers, I hate them so much. Today I had to go back to hospital and I was told to park in the drop off space as I was only going in to drop off some equipment at the reception, and when I arrived there was 4 taxis bumper to bumper into 3 spaces with the drivers outside drinking tea and chatting away like it's a taxi rank, one of the front ends of taxi was sticking out onto the road too so, I ended spending 10/15 mins looking for a space in the main carpark which was heaving. Managed to find one which was the furthest fvcking distance from the hospital and carried the equipment through a packed out busy carpark. I got to the reception and mentioned it to the receptionist who rolled her eyes and told me they have been warned many times and she rang security.

Then the journey home I was behind a taxi for a few mile whilst he decided to do between 20 and 23mph for his whole journey and then stopped dead in the middle of the road outside a school and after 5 seconds decided to indicate to enter the school gates that was already full of taxis that was blocking the path. Tossers!

I hate them too for reasons mostly during my ambulance driving experiences. They're imbeciles, clueless, completely unaware of the situations around them, ignorant of other road users. They drive every day/night for a living. That's all they do and yet their level of incompetency is staggering.

• Like 2

Commentators/pundits  calling certain English players by their first name, how many times did Shearer say “Harry” last night.  Same with Alexander- Arnold( admittedly bit more of a mouthful).  You’re not their best mate for crying out loud! 

12 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Commentators/pundits  calling certain English players by their first name, how many times did Shearer say “Harry” last night.  Same with Alexander- Arnold( admittedly bit more of a mouthful).  You’re not their best mate for crying out loud! 

I mean they probably do know them well enough to call them by the first name tbf: I’d imagine Alan Shearer and Harry Kane have met each other many times.

1 hour ago, Sampson said:

I mean they probably do know them well enough to call them by the first name tbf: I’d imagine Alan Shearer and Harry Kane have met each other many times.

I suppose they do have a fair bit in common, having both spent a decade at one club without winning feck all. 🤣

5 hours ago, Sampson said:

Calling them by there first name is fine in general, but it does feel wrong during a live game.

He's probably met Walker as much as he's met Kane but I've never heard him call him Kyle in commentary. :dunno:

Does my head in tbh. 

Trent - No it's Arnold or Alexander-Arnold if you can be arsed to say it all. Seems to be that all Liverpool fans do this, making me hate them even more. 

Jude - Nope. Bellingham is fine thanks. I'm not going to get confused with his little brother. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I was kindly given a £20 Amazon gift card as a thank you. I've been trying to use it.......

It took me TWO FECKING HOURS to place a simple order.

Wound me up so much it feels like the gift card was a punishment now rather than a gift. :mad:

Weird.  Add gift card to your account, order something.  Simple no?

meanwhile getting my printer to work wirelessly? Impossible.

Edited by Jon the Hat

2 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Weird.  Add gift card to your account, order something.  Simple no?

meanwhile getting my printer to work wirelessly? Impossible.

Getting a printer to last beyond a couple of days over it’s one year warranty

• Like 1

On football YouTube EVERYTHING has to have CLICKBAITY titles with the use of UPPER CASE LETTERS even for the most INNOCUOUS words. 

I blame Sky for this. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

On football YouTube EVERYTHING has to have CLICKBAITY titles with the use of UPPER CASE LETTERS even for the most INNOCUOUS words. 

I blame Sky for this. 

Could have just left it at the bolded tbh.

Ditto football Twitter/Reddit/whatever other social media platform. So much asinine stupidity generating clicks and revenue.

10 minutes ago, Otis said:

image.png.845924ab72a4a8dc3d46eec9875804c0.png

As a kid I used to work weekends and summers on a Kirby & West float, started at 4am until about 10am. Earned a pittance but loved it, especially when the milkman let me drive the float. 

52 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

If you'll permit my intrigue, may I ask why?

Just been given one at work (god knows why) and it’s far from practical. I’m driving 100 miles a day in a van that after about a million hours charge only holds 200 miles. The thing must cost them an absolute bomb, had to charge it this morning and now this evening costing £70 give or take. Outrageously slow and miles tick down if you even look at the air con or radio. This ain’t even touching the stupid EV charging points, used one at a Morrisons and it wouldn’t release without ringing up their HQ.

The whole concept of them is riddled with teething problems. Probably not bad for a little run around car you only use locally but anything more and they’re pretty useless in my opinion. 

2 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Just been given one at work (god knows why) and it’s far from practical. I’m driving 100 miles a day in a van that after about a million hours charge only holds 200 miles. The thing must cost them an absolute bomb, had to charge it this morning and now this evening costing £70 give or take. Outrageously slow and miles tick down if you even look at the air con or radio. This ain’t even touching the stupid EV charging points, used one at a Morrisons and it wouldn’t release without ringing up their HQ.

The whole concept of them is riddled with teething problems. Probably not bad for a little run around car you only use locally but anything more and they’re pretty useless in my opinion. 

Fair to say.

It's certainly a nascent tech that really needs more time to become truly effective in a lot of ways and there's a really long way to go.

But here's hoping that through applications like the ones your workplace uses that the tech matures quickly and they become much more effective, because the end of the journey is certainly worth the trip IMO.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

Blake your employers for supplying you with an EV that isn't fit for your purpose. 

4 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Blake your employers for supplying you with an EV that isn't fit for your purpose. 

Trust me I have.

Not just me tho, got talking to the lad charging his car up in the space next to me this afternoon and reckons it’s the worst thing he’s ever bought. They probably could be a good bit of kit, just not there yet. 

6 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Trust me I have.

Not just me tho, got talking to the lad charging his car up in the space next to me this afternoon and reckons it’s the worst thing he’s ever bought. They probably could be a good bit of kit, just not there yet. 

Personal EVs which you charge at home, are very much there yet. As a mass public transportation system then no the infrastructure still isn't good enough. 

I use public charging and still love mine and have saved loads of money on fuel and maintenance. 

• Like 1