Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, goody2028 said:

Just been given one at work (god knows why) and it’s far from practical. I’m driving 100 miles a day in a van that after about a million hours charge only holds 200 miles. The thing must cost them an absolute bomb, had to charge it this morning and now this evening costing £70 give or take. Outrageously slow and miles tick down if you even look at the air con or radio. This ain’t even touching the stupid EV charging points, used one at a Morrisons and it wouldn’t release without ringing up their HQ.

The whole concept of them is riddled with teething problems. Probably not bad for a little run around car you only use locally but anything more and they’re pretty useless in my opinion. 

Van is the key word in that whole paragraph 

• Like 1

Just been given one at work (god knows why) and it’s far from practical. I’m driving 100 miles a day in a van that after about a million hours charge only holds 200 miles. The thing must cost them an absolute bomb, had to charge it this morning and now this evening costing £70 give or take. Outrageously slow and miles tick down if you even look at the air con or radio. This ain’t even touching the stupid EV charging points, used one at a Morrisons and it wouldn’t release without ringing up their HQ.

The whole concept of them is riddled with teething problems. Probably not bad for a little run around car you only use locally but anything more and they’re pretty useless in my opinion. 

Just sounds like you've got a crap van.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Personal EVs which you charge at home, are very much there yet. As a mass public transportation system then no the infrastructure still isn't good enough. 

I use public charging and still love mine and have saved loads of money on fuel and maintenance. 

Love mine too, but I will say that charging network is not yet up to snuff, as mentioned, and he cost is prohibitive. Only got one through work scheme with Octopus.

• Like 1

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Love mine too, but I will say that charging network is not yet up to snuff, as mentioned, and he cost is prohibitive. Only got one through work scheme with Octopus.

You do have to hunt around for the cheaper ones definitely. Most are stupid prices. I pay 30p/kw which is a full charge for around £20.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Personal EVs which you charge at home, are very much there yet. As a mass public transportation system then no the infrastructure still isn't good enough. 

I use public charging and still love mine and have saved loads of money on fuel and maintenance. 

Out of interest on a full charge what’s your distance till empty? 

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

I know you didn't ask me, but my Niro EV does 230 in the real world in summer. Not that I ever let it get below 1/4 most of the time. 

Edit. Costs about 6 quid to charge it in my night rate. 

Edited by Zear0
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

200 miles but it is 530bhp so the temptation is to have a heavy foot. Drive sensibly and could be 230-50

240 - 260 in the summer, 230 - 250 in the winter. Depending on journeys and driving style, as it is with your mpg.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cml2kvd2dvno

A politician in South Korea is being criticised for making dangerous and unsubstantiated comments after linking a rise in male suicides to the increasingly “dominant” role of women in society.

In a report, Seoul City councillor Kim Ki-duck argued women’s increased participation in the workforce over the years had made it harder for men to get jobs and to find women who wanted to marry them.

He said the country had recently “begun to change into a female-dominant society” and that this might "partly be responsible for an increase in male suicide attempts”.

South Korea has one of the highest suicide rates among the world’s rich countries but also has one of the worst records on gender equality.

Mate, if you're going to be in high office it might be a good idea to pick your knuckles up off the ground first.

• Haha 1

On 10/07/2024 at 07:19, leicsmac said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/cml2kvd2dvno

A politician in South Korea is being criticised for making dangerous and unsubstantiated comments after linking a rise in male suicides to the increasingly “dominant” role of women in society.

In a report, Seoul City councillor Kim Ki-duck argued women’s increased participation in the workforce over the years had made it harder for men to get jobs and to find women who wanted to marry them.

He said the country had recently “begun to change into a female-dominant society” and that this might "partly be responsible for an increase in male suicide attempts”.

South Korea has one of the highest suicide rates among the world’s rich countries but also has one of the worst records on gender equality.

Mate, if you're going to be in high office it might be a good idea to pick your knuckles up off the ground first.

I want that on my local Chinese takeaway menu.

• Haha 1

When you have a full English at a cafe and the baked beans come in a little ramekin. I mean... just... Why don't have to ladle the beans on the plate myself. At what point did people start complaining, "I don't like baked beans touching my sausage" (phnar!), that necessitated such an endeavour?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

I want that on my local Chinese takeaway menu.

I would make a remark about poor taste for going after the guys name here, but quite frankly the misogynist arse had it coming IMO. :D

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

When you have a full English at a cafe and the baked beans come in a little ramekin. I mean... just... Why don't have to ladle the beans on the plate myself. At what point did people start complaining, "I don't like baked beans touching my sausage" (phnar!), that necessitated such an endeavour?

This is probably the best development in Full English history.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Similarly, when you get ketchup or salad cream etc in the little bowl with a spoon. Usually in a mid-range café/pub trying to be a bit pretentious.

I'm not too proud to squeeze the desired amount from a bottle.

Granted, I wouldn't expect a sauce bottle on the table at Claridge's.

And another thing, vinegar in little decanters where you have no control over the amount you splash over your chips.

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

I'd rather go without the beans altogether than have bean juice on the rest of my food, having them served separately is an absolute game changer when it comes to my enjoyment of a full English. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Similarly, when you get ketchup or salad cream etc in the little bowl with a spoon. Usually in a mid-range café/pub trying to be a bit pretentious.

I'm not too proud to squeeze the desired amount from a bottle.

Granted, I wouldn't expect a sauce bottle on the table at Claridge's.

And another thing, vinegar in little decanters where you have no control over the amount you splash over your chips.

Too many dirty scrotes touching the bottles tho. Sachets or personal portions defo 

My commute takes me up Beacon Road to the top of the Beacon Hill, Woodhouse Eves area. 

In the past, people seemingly didnt want to pay for the car park so they parked by the side of the road while they go on their walks. That used to bother me. 

I noticed that there are now double yellow lines all the way up the road to stop this.

What are people doing now?

Making sure that they park on the grass verges so that they are off the road altogether and just above the double yellow lines. 

Edited by CWC1983
Punctuation
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Too many dirty scrotes touching the bottles tho. Sachets or personal portions defo 

A few months ago in Bloomsbury (of all places) I was in a greasy spoon and a guy walked past and took a swig from the squeezy ketchup bottle on the outside table. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, bovril said:

A few months ago in Bloomsbury (of all places) I was in a greasy spoon and a guy walked past and took a swig from the squeezy ketchup bottle on the outside table. 

It takes quite a lot to turn my stomach but that's not making me feel well

15 minutes ago, CWC1983 said:

My commute takes me up Beacon Road to the top of the Beacon Hill, Woodhouse Eves area. 

In the past, people seemingly didnt want to pay for the car park so they parked by the side of the road while they go on their walks. That used to bother me. 

I noticed that there are now double yellow lines all the way up the road to stop this.

What are people doing now?

Making sure that they park on the grass verges so that they are off the road altogether and just above the double yellow lines. 

Im pretty sure they would still get a parking ticket though, should it ever be enforced that is

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bovril said:

A fellow connoisseur. 

2 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I'd rather go without the beans altogether than have bean juice on the rest of my food, having them served separately is an absolute game changer when it comes to my enjoyment of a full English. 

But you're ok with a sausage touching your eggs? :ph34r:

• Haha 1