Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 minute ago, The Doctor said:

that's the test I've done and has come back abnormal. it just tests for blood in your shit and that can also be haemorrhoids, chrons, ulcerative colitis, or just having swallowed some blood. Need to see my GP for a follow up and then I guess a colonoscopy to confirm 

Oh I see, my apologies. Hope for the best, 75% are good odds, but hope you can get the all clear soon.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oh I see, my apologies. Hope for the best, 75% are good odds, but hope you can get the all clear soon.

no worries. 75% is also the low end. it's what the NHS cite, but there's other studies that put it up in the 90-97% range so my odds are pretty good, particularly given my results are on the lower end of abnormal (wouldn't be flagged in the general screening programme the NHS runs for those over 60, only because I'm reporting GI symptoms that it warrants follow up) and I don't have any other common symptoms - training hard for a triathlon later this year and even despite that I'm not seeing any significant weight loss. Pretty high probability it's something else, just need to keep telling myself that until the GPs can actually see me to stave off the anxiety.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, bovril said:

It's not that varied though is it. Florida and Oregon as far apart as they are have the same language and an almost identical culture. Highlands of Scotland is probably more different from the south of England than Florida is to Oregon.

If that's their 'diversity' then it's little wonder they're so parochial. 

LA and Houston are miles apart in everything. Insanely different.

9 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

I've never been to the states but I'd be very surprised if the differences in culture, language, architecture and all round experience between Florida and Oregon are anywhere remotely near the differences between the UK and Greece or Spain.

V true but the average Brit goes to some generic nondescript all inclusive resort hellhole in Italy, Spain, turkey or France to speak English and read a book. They’ll have no idea what country they’re in, the brand of beer is the only distinction. 

4 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

Orange order marches in Benidorm

Most English people I know don't even have a clue about the bonfire and the twelfth.

Fvck know what the Spanish must think.

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Most English people I know don't even have a clue about the bonfire and the twelfth.

Fvck know what the Spanish must think.

One of the things I don't miss about living in Northern Ireland, marching season! Nearly every day for months during the summer, there's a march going on. There were 550 across the region yesterday. 550!!

• Like 1

The following sayings..

Slide into my DM's

Ping me an e-mail

Drop me a text

Don't know why but they make my toes curl

• Like 1

On 13/07/2024 at 09:09, FoyleFox said:

One of the things I don't miss about living in Northern Ireland, marching season! Nearly every day for months during the summer, there's a march going on. There were 550 across the region yesterday. 550!!

The fvxking paramilitary flags everywhere do my head in.

There's an arch at the bottom of our main road ffs

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Rain King said:

This song. I'd never heard of it until an hour ago but now it had been stuck on repeat by the hotel bar for the last hour and no-one else seems to have noticed.

One of the all time classics of popular music, don't you know.

Along with Agadoo, 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rain King said:

This song. I'd never heard of it until an hour ago but now it had been stuck on repeat by the hotel bar for the last hour and no-one else seems to have noticed.

Managed 35 seconds before I got annoyed!

1 hour ago, RonnieTodger said:

People declaring themselves “club over country”, as if it’s original or interesting. 

"I care more for my club" yet spent their life watching the tournament then criticising everything about England.

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

People declaring themselves “club over country”, as if it’s original or interesting. 

It’s very odd and to be honest, I’ve never met anyone in real life who comes out with it. Seems to be a FoxesTalk thing 

On 13/07/2024 at 15:44, Izzy said:

The following sayings..

Slide into my DM's

Ping me an e-mail

Drop me a text

Don't know why but they make my toes curl

This always sounds sinister to me. 

And, an old person, I'm unsure why any of the above aren't covered by can you send me a text or email, please. 

• Like 1