Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The fact that I can't get a return train from Leicester to London in three days hence for cheaper than £50 even with a railcard is a ****ing disgrace.

£50 sounds a reasonable price for a return over that distance. It'd cost you way more than that in petrol if you drove. 

11 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Fan made trailers for things that don't actually exist and notifications of same. 

The ultimate in time wasting for both content creator and those tricked into watching them

I've seen a few of these over the years for the so called 'return' of Breaking Bad. Does my head in.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Izzy said:

I've seen a few of these over the years for the so called 'return' of Breaking Bad. Does my head in.

In the world's worst people chart I'd say that they're near the bottom, along with people that don't return their shopping trolleys to the little shed thing, those that make up football transfer rumours and sex offenders

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

£50 sounds a reasonable price for a return over that distance. It'd cost you way more than that in petrol if you drove. 

I don't think £50 return is that bad - I certainly wouldn't call it a fvcking disgrace anyway - but it's circa 200/225 miles. In my 17 year old golf that would cost me about £40 quid doing 70 all the way.

Not sure what your last petrol car was but I would imagine most newish fairly bog standard cars can do similar MPG. 

4 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

The fact that I can't get a return train from Leicester to London in three days hence for cheaper than £50 even with a railcard is a ****ing disgrace.

Booking this late (3 days notice) for £50 seems very reasonable, not sure what your outrage is. Cheaper than driving that's for sure. If you want to save a few quid, get the national express like the rest of us Joe's 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ajthefox said:

I don't think £50 return is that bad - I certainly wouldn't call it a fvcking disgrace anyway - but it's circa 200/225 miles. In my 17 year old golf that would cost me about £40 quid doing 70 all the way.

Not sure what your last petrol car was but I would imagine most newish fairly bog standard cars can do similar MPG. 

Yeh no idea what the outrage is about. Considering there are also other ways to get to London for cheaper.

Got insane pain a bunch of muscles - not slept for more than an hour a night since Friday. Can't get a GP appointment, been prescribed pain killers that don't kill the pain.

I'm going to sit in the surgery reception tomorrow so they can suffer me making my constant and very annoying pain sounds until someone there does something.

1 hour ago, Daggers said:

Got insane pain a bunch of muscles - not slept for more than an hour a night since Friday. Can't get a GP appointment, been prescribed pain killers that don't kill the pain.

I'm going to sit in the surgery reception tomorrow so they can suffer me making my constant and very annoying pain sounds until someone there does something.

Do you have a walk in centre nearby? Waiting times can be long but it could be an option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Daggers said:

Go to the vet, cheaper and better service

55 minutes ago, The Bear said:

They're always quicker than A&E and you won't be there more than 2 hours usually. 

That's not exactly true. Maybe in some less well used WIC's, but generally it's a fairly quick triage process within a couple of hours, but then it's gonna possibly be x-rays then a wait while the clinical practitioner reviews said x-rays and you will never jump ahead of anyone else waiting. They don't prioritise in terms of treatment as no-one is more urgent than anyone else except when people walk in with chest pains, diabetic or breathing problems. which they do, occasionally.

It pays to go at quieter times like between 3am and 6am. Also ambulance crews will be taking people into WIC's that don't need A&E.

I would say that for most WIC's, allow 4 hours. 

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

I took my mum to a walk in centre on the outskirts of Derby and it only took 45 mins to get seen.

She didn't need xrays or anything, just antibiotics for a chest infection, but most of them advertise 1-2 hours wait on the websites. They are ones not inside a major hospital any way. 

4 hours ago, Nalis said:

Do you have a walk in centre nearby? Waiting times can be long but it could be an option.

Don’t want to waste people’s time or take up space someone else can use. I know what’s wrong with me, so does the surgery - it’s just they’ve done what they always do and try to get away with the cheapest drug option. It’s a question of pain management, and they aren’t managing it. 

The club sometimes use 'the stadium bowl' referring to the ground in their communications. It's even more annoying than referring to it as solely as 'King Power Stadium' without the determiner.

The photoshopping App I've been using for years is no more. 

I just found out Adobe turned off Photoshop Mix for Android on 04 June this year.

The bright spark in a crap suit with drainpipe legs and no socks who decided this, might live in hope that this will drive punters to their Photoshop Express App which is a subscription and just doesn't have the functionality that Mix had.

Well, not a chance. Never.

They can make love to themselves backwards with broken bottles.  In Scunthorpe.  :mad:

Edited by Vacamion
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Haven’t Adobe inserted clauses into their terms that allows them certain ‘rights’ to creators content? (possibly for AI training purposes - not that this seems fair or correct at all).

Yes, they would own and be able to use as they pleased everything that was created, and when it was called out, they denied it at first.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Yes, they would own and be able to use as they pleased everything that was created, and when it was called out, they denied it at first.

I always found Adobe products weird because as powerful as they might have been - I always felt the programmes were never that intuitive.

Hopefully this move backfires and someone else can rival them a bit.

This guy is getting a little too self-important for his own good.

Mean, he’s not even the best Vine sibling! 

Anyway - this particular cycling clip of his peeved me today.

He was duly challenged by me and others over his part in the incident and he didn’t like it!