Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

5 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

This guy is getting a little too self-important for his own good.

Mean, he’s not even the best Vine sibling! 

Anyway - this particular cycling clip of his peeved me today.

He was duly challenged by me and others over his part in the incident and he didn’t like it!

He's an idiot. Always riding full steam into dangerous situations and then getting annoyed that he nearly gets hit. One of these days he's going to be badly hurt or killed, all for sake of trying to get a video to post on Twitter.

I mean in this situation, where the hell did he think the bus was going when it was positioned like that. He can't see what's ahead that's making the bud stop so why on earth would someone ride full speed into that situation. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

He's an idiot. Always riding full steam into dangerous situations and then getting annoyed that he nearly gets hit. One of these days he's going to be badly hurt or killed, all for sake of trying to get a video to post on Twitter.

I mean in this situation, where the hell did he think the bus was going when it was positioned like that. He can't see what's ahead that's making the bud stop so why on earth would someone ride full speed into that situation. 

He does it for attention 

7 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

He was duly challenged by me and others over his part in the incident and he didn’t like it!

Riding in to the path of a bus and then complains about it. He should just get the tube if he gets in so much bother cycling. 

• Haha 1

The excitiment in the "floats my boat" thread of getting my stolen bike back, has been tempered by the fact that theyve ripped the battery out and fvcked the electrics making it apparently useless from here on.

8 hours ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

What did he do wrong?

Bus was stationary, he went to ride around it because it gave no indication of moving, driver didn't check his mirror. and Vine had right of way.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

This kind of delivery will never not be annoying.

May as well have said "Sometime in July".

image.png.65e74dc9e788616bd5b7f1dc5dc9de9c.png

Might want to pop to the pub between 0800-0806

12 minutes ago, Daggers said:

What did he do wrong?

Bus was stationary, he went to ride around it because it gave no indication of moving, driver didn't check his mirror. and Vine had right of way.

Yeah I have absolutely no idea why people are getting riled up at Vine here. He had right of way and the bus was stationary and just pulled out with no signal or checking their mirror. Cyclists get killed every day that kind of complacency from the bus driver. 

Think what you like about Vine or cyclists in general, but that’s dangerous driving from the bus driver. You can’t just pull out like that without checking your mirrors or indicating. 

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Daggers said:

What did he do wrong?

For me it was the complete lack of hazard perception he showed.

There are certain situations where upmost caution is the better play - and riding into a wedge against a bus is probably one of them as a cyclist.

Add in that in the video Vine shows himself;

• In a rush to get past

• making a blind overtake 

• (presumably) himself moving around a vehicle without indicating 

• Making a close pass / attempting to push through a tight gap

• escalating a situation afterwards;

It’s not exactly helpful in creating better attitudes on the roads is it! 

1 hour ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

Who’s delivering that Daggers?

I have a sneaky suspicion that’s a Royal Mail estimate! 

DHL.

At least I now know I can pop to the shop for toilet paper!

image.png.b5bb96bdbc383180d8127822312843a3.png

47 minutes ago, DJ Barry Hammond said:

For me it was the complete lack of hazard perception he showed.

There are certain situations where upmost caution is the better play - and riding into a wedge against a bus is probably one of them as a cyclist.

Add in that in the video Vine shows himself;

• In a rush to get past

• making a blind overtake 

• (presumably) himself moving around a vehicle without indicating 

• Making a close pass / attempting to push through a tight gap

• escalating a situation afterwards;

It’s not exactly helpful in creating better attitudes on the roads is it! 

He's cycling normally - there's no "rush to get past"

What does "blind overtake" even mean - he's conducting a perfectly normal manoeuvre.

You admit you have no idea whether he's indicated himself or not, so why even mention it?

"Making a close pass / attempting to push through a tight gap" - now you are just getting desperate to hate on him for being a cyclist. This is a ridiculous comment. The gap is perfectly fine.

image.png.408bd880be0a8f03ae4ea552143b0d3c.png

"escalating a situation afterwards" - you've never responded to someone on the road who's done a dick move? lol

You're engaging in victim blaming, and that's never a good look mate.

• Like 2

I'm not sure what else Vine could've done other than stop for a stationary bus that could've sat there for ages because it wasn't signalling or doing anything.

Yes the position of the bus should have probably made him slow down a bit to see what might happen, but he could have easily just done the same thing again when realising the bus was doing nothing.

Passing the bus on the inside wasn't possible because of the buses beyond it and is not exactly preferable safety-wise.

Also, he doesn't need to signal to go around the bus. Nobody does. He isn't changing lanes or making a turn. His position on the road signals his intention to go around the bus, just the same as a car would.

It's up to drivers to be considerate of more vulnerable road users, e.g. motorbikes, cyclists and pedestrians. Plus the bus driver should be checking his mirror and blind spot and then  indicating as a matter of course before pulling away. He did none of those things. The bus driver is definitely in the wrong here in my opinion.

And I'm a driver who really hates Vine's radio show. Such smarmy, devil's advocate rubbish.

• Like 3

The all Ireland hurling ticket raffle.

Lots of Father Ted-esque, the runners of the raffle are actually the winners going on

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, FoxyPV said:

The all Ireland hurling ticket raffle.

Lots of Father Ted-esque, the runners of the raffle are actually the winners going on

I feel sorry for the fans who go regularly who miss out for the one game at season lot.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I'm not sure what else Vine could've done other than stop for a stationary bus that could've sat there for ages because it wasn't signalling or doing anything.

Yes the position of the bus should have probably made him slow down a bit to see what might happen, but he could have easily just done the same thing again when realising the bus was doing nothing.

Passing the bus on the inside wasn't possible because of the buses beyond it and is not exactly preferable safety-wise.

Also, he doesn't need to signal to go around the bus. Nobody does. He isn't changing lanes or making a turn. His position on the road signals his intention to go around the bus, just the same as a car would.

It's up to drivers to be considerate of more vulnerable road users, e.g. motorbikes, cyclists and pedestrians. Plus the bus driver should be checking his mirror and blind spot and then  indicating as a matter of course before pulling away. He did none of those things. The bus driver is definitely in the wrong here in my opinion.

And I'm a driver who really hates Vine's radio show. Such smarmy, devil's advocate rubbish.

I think because it's vine most people just want to see him get what he deserves. He upsets drivers and other cyclists even when he's right he's annoying.

It would be great to see him get stopped by the police or something while driving badly. Something like overtaking a bike with only 1.49m clearance.

Edited by Grebfromgrebland

4 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

I think a problem with some bus drivers, is the highway code states that you should allow buses to pull out. Too many interpret that as they can just pull out without indicating and checking their mirrors.

• Like 2

I went for an overdue eye test today, and I've been putting off getting varifocals the last couple of times, but today was the day that I finally succumbed.

I've been roughly rodgered, wallet-wise, and I feel another giant step closer to The Reaper's grasp.

Marvellous.

• Sad 1

On 19/07/2024 at 07:16, Unabomber said:

Riding in to the path of a bus and then complains about it. He should just get the tube if he gets in so much bother cycling. 

He’s an absolute tool and one of these days he may get seriously hurt. I saw one video where he sees a car giving a long signal to turn left ahead of him across the bike lane, he’s miles away but speeds up intentionally to meet the car at the same time. 

A sad man who craves attention.