Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just now, Dr The Singh said:

Leicester has the most Asians, these twats want to.make a statement, if they wanted a majority city makes sense, but Sunderland?

They're scared deep down. 

They know they'd get absolutely mauled in Leicester. There's too many of our kind they'd run off back home  :ph34r:.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, StanSP said:

They're scared deep down. 

They know they'd get absolutely mauled in Leicester. There's too many of our kind they'd run off back home  :ph34r:.

Unfortunately, it isnt just a 'one (our) kind' against another kind is it?

This happened very recently in Leicester

Too much divides us in these folks minds and entrenches their 'tribal' behaviour.

Perhaps we should have a degree of understanding into these morons behaviour? We're football fans and this is primarily a football forum - can't get much tribal than that. Folk on here even get away with comments like 'Cov scum' and so on.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

11 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Too much divides us in these folks minds and entrenches their 'tribal' behaviour.

Perhaps we should have a degree of understanding into these morons behaviour? We're football fans and this is primarily a football forum - can't get much tribal than that. Folk on here even get away with comments like 'Cov scum' and so on.

Light hearted 'our kind'. Taking that a serious step further, there's plenty of sane individuals of all colours and creeds that won't stand up for that kind of shit. 

As for understanding their behaviour. Nope. Just because we're tribal football fans doesn't mean I could relate to how tribal these morons are being. It doesn't work like that, for me, I'm afraid. 

20 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You surely jest? I think you can surely understand the difference of someone saying “Cov scum” about one of your clubs rival football clubs on a football forum and someone actually going round smashing up mosques because of what some kid from Wales with heritage from an evangelical Christian African country did? 

I would hooe you are intelligent enough to see that most people saying “Cov scum” in a football context would still perfectly happily get along with a person from Coventry and certainly not actually go round setting things iin Coventry on fire and rioting in Coventry because some guy from Daventry stabbed someone and they think that anyone from a city that ends in “try” is the same thing. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Sampson said:

You surely jest? I think you can surely understand the difference of someone saying “Cov scum” about one of your clubs rival football clubs on a football forum and someone actually going round smashing up mosques because of what some kid from Wales with heritage from an evangelical Christian African country did? 

I would hooe you are intelligent enough to see that most people saying “Cov scum” in a football context would still perfectly happily get along with a person from Coventry and certainly not actually go round setting things iin Coventry on fire and rioting in Coventry because some guy from Daventry stabbed someone and they think that anyone from a city that ends in “try” is the same thing. 

There has been plenty of destruction, and sadly deaths, through football related violence.

Referring to anyone as 'scum' in any context, is provocative. Equally, I'm sure if that word was used in relation to an ethnic group or race - even on a football forum, it would be rightly shouted down.

I cannot begin to think what motivation groups of thugs of any persuasion use to justify the current outrages and the ones referred to in my original post on this matter, other than, as I suggested, tribalism.

In evolutionary terms, we are still a pretty uncivalised species - some, more than others.

• Like 1

Just now, Zear0 said:

Midway through typing an absolute zinger about @Tommy Gand his "am I gay test" ad post and the thread vanishes.

Hope you're all pleased with yourselves? 

It was a genuine question? I’m constantly scrolling past it - no maliciousness whatsoever lol 

10 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This apparently isn't true. People are so quick to share unverified news from any weirdo with a phone man, that's a bloody gear grinder.

Yep, own goal from me - shared too quickly. Sorry.

On 03/08/2024 at 10:21, jgtuk said:

iPhones don’t like heat. 
screen darkens and becomes virtually unreadable 😡
Disclaimer - it’s 40 degrees by the pool atm 🥵

Settings > accessibility > display & text size, turn off Auto-brightness

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Soar Fox said:

Settings > accessibility > display & text size, turn off Auto-brightness

Tried this already, made no difference. It’s apparently built in by Apple to protect the phone when ambient temperature is high, just have to leave to cool down. 

Grumbled about this before but arseholes that are starting to put their bags of rubbish next to public bins.

Some tw4t put a bin liner full of stuff next to a bin on our local park. Overnight an animal (assuming a non-human sort) has tore it to shreds looking for food, scattering it everwhere. Now birds are flying in and picking through the remains searching for titbits.

The litter is now spread over several metres in each direction.

Thoughtless morons.

• Like 1

People repeatedly posting on twitter and going on about the French pole vaulters knob knocking the bar off, but it was actually his shin/knee that hit the bar first and dislodged it. 

I don't live in Leicester anymore but I come in for the football and to see family.  

I took my daughter into town today to the high cross and walked partly down church gate. Wtf!!!! It was like a third world country shanty town with makeshift tents, boarded up premises and many groups of unsavouries.  Now I've been about a bit and not a lot bothers me, but even I thought I don't want my daughter on this street.  And bang next door you have a multi million pound shopping centre selling trainers and shirts for north of 100 quid.  

If they are regenerating the city centre, the next job needs to be church gate..... seriously I was taken back at the state 😭 

10 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

I don't live in Leicester anymore but I come in for the football and to see family.  

I took my daughter into town today to the high cross and walked partly down church gate. Wtf!!!! It was like a third world country shanty town with makeshift tents, boarded up premises and many groups of unsavouries.  Now I've been about a bit and not a lot bothers me, but even I thought I don't want my daughter on this street.  And bang next door you have a multi million pound shopping centre selling trainers and shirts for north of 100 quid.  

If they are regenerating the city centre, the next job needs to be church gate..... seriously I was taken back at the state 😭 

Most of inner city Leicester is a dump, we’ve even got a thread on it! Only go into Leicester to the KP now. 

• Sad 1