Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

7 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

People who use the word "do-gooder" as an insult.

Cos that's the last thing you want, people going around, doing good things. What is the world coming to!?

Its not all do-gooder though is it?  No one is using this to talk about people quietly volunteering at the food bank.  It means a special type of virtue signaling, interfering in other business type of do-gooder who thinks they are superior to everyone else.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Its not all do-gooder though is it?  No one is using this to talk about people quietly volunteering at the food bank.  It means a special type of virtue signaling, interfering in other business type of do-gooder who thinks they are superior to everyone else.

I reckon this is still dependent on situation.

Someone doing a thing beneficial to other people even using the height of condescention and "virtue signalling" to do so to boost their own ego is perhaps still "better" than those who have more humility but help less.

For me, the results are what matter, rather than how they are achieved, but then I know others place more value on appearance than I do, and that matters.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Rarely.

Usually it's used by self-obsessed people referring to people who are doing things that might cause them minor inconvenience or hinder their accrual of wealth.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Rarely.

Usually it's used by self-obsessed people referring to people who are doing things that might cause them minor inconvenience or hinder their accrual of wealth.

Sadly I suspect you might be right.  Noted the context in the riot thread too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Rarely.

Usually used to call out jobsworths and other associated tickboxers/manual bashers who love process and cannot see the human element and nuances of life. But I understood your point 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

When you slow right down for horses and the riders don't even bother to acknowledge/say thanks.

Stuck up fvckers.

There’s some girls that are always riding their horses during at 17:30ish on Shilton Road (50 mph), it’s a blind bend too. It’s irresponsible 

5 hours ago, Izzy said:

When you slow right down for horses and the riders don't even bother to acknowledge/say thanks.

Stuck up fvckers.

Any driver/rider on the road that doesn't acknowledge when they've been given way. W@nkers!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Strewth! I've heard a few people have a pop at older folk on these forums.

Ageism, the one 'ism' that isn't shouted down.

First off, it’s a joke intit?

Secondly, if I must explain myself…….. I’m not against anyone based on their age. This was a flippant comment made on a lighthearted thread. I have a dislike for “boomers” as in the stereotypical “boomer” and the traits associated with them. I assumed that was clear but apologies if not. Of course I don’t dislike every person that falls within that exact age range. Christ my parents are both boomers and they’re literally the world’s nicest people. 

Edited by RumbleFox

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The shoehorning of Ed Sheeran into everything regarding Ipswich Town. Has virtually nish to do with any of it.

He's sponsored them hasn't he? 

He's from there and is ridiculously famous. Not sure it's shoehorning? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kingkisnorbo said:

The shoehorning of Ed Sheeran into everything regarding Ipswich Town. Has virtually nish to do with any of it.

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Just announced that he's bought a stake in the club too. 

Screenshot_20240815_225449_Facebook.jpg

6 hours ago, StanSP said:

Sponsored, bought a bit…and prepared to have the piss taken out of himself. I’d rather he appear in Ipswich related stuff than ever reappear in anything like Game of Thrones again.

• Haha 1

If you live in the UK and arent asian, people who insist on guests taking shoes off in their house when the living area has wooden or tile floor. 

Yeah Deborah my feet are freezing but at least there wasnt a risk of your wipeable floor surface getting a speck of dirt on them.

Houses with carpet are understandable with shoes off.

• Thanks 1

45 minutes ago, Nalis said:

If you live in the UK and arent asian, people who insist on guests taking shoes off in their house when the living area has wooden or tile floor. 

Yeah Deborah my feet are freezing but at least there wasnt a risk of your wipeable floor surface getting a speck of dirt on them.

Houses with carpet are understandable with shoes off.

I have underfloor heating, feet do not get cold.