Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

People thinking they can change appointments last minute.

Someone wanted to pick a car up this afternoon, now 'can only do' 10.30am as they are now busy this afternoon. 

OK, I'd usually work around that and accomodate it. Problem is it's my 1 and only day off this week and I've planned my entire day around going in to work, half an hour away from where I live, to hand their car over.

Now got to ask a favour from a colleague and it just cocks everything up.

Posted (edited)

DPD said they delivered my parcel this morning. The girl has been in waiting for it for me.

"No, no one has knocked on the door."

DPD email: "Hi, how was our delivery?"

You are fvcking joking me. There's a picture in their email of my parcel and my 6foot fence. The shithead had launched my new £2000 camera over the fvcking fence onto concrete.

My world-famous good sense of humour and joy for life has been replaced with a desire to march into their depot with guns and chainsaws.

Edited by Daggers
Idiot keyboard can get in the bin n'all.
  • Haha 2

23 minutes ago, Daggers said:

DPD said they delivered my parcel this morning. The girl has been in waiting for it for me.

You are fvcking joking me. There's a picture in their email of my parcel and my 6foot fence. The shithead had launched my new £2000 camera over the fvcking fence onto concrete.

My world-famous good sense of humour and joy for life has been replaced with a desire to march into their depot with guns and chainsaws.

You should take a photo of the email incase you accidentally delete it

36 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

This doesn't really sound that annoying man aha. 

"Hi pal, I'm off today — can you give that customer their keys? "

"Yeah no worries"

It's not that simple.

And I've got bonuses worth thousands riding on it.

4 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

It's not that simple.

And I've got bonuses worth thousands riding on it.

You get four figure bonuses for selling cars?!?!?! I had no idea. I thought cars only sold for low end five figures worth. Do you sell high end cars? 

Just now, grobyfox1990 said:

You get four figure bonuses for selling cars?!?!?! I had no idea. I thought cars only sold for low end five figures worth. Do you sell high end cars? 

I get a basic salary, then a bonus package based on how many cars I deliver a month with bandings rising for the more cars I do.

I then get a manufacturer bonus based on new cars for each quarter with a set amount for each unit delivered, based on a satisfaction score.

So with a new registration month coming up and a load of forward orders to deliver, yes, I could potentially make an extra few thousand pounds.

One cocked up handover could cost me a lot of money.

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Daggers said:

That's extemely annoying. Tbh, if ever I'm waiting for an expensive delivery like that, I'll either stay indoors watching out for the van or be outside washing the car, in anticipation of the driver being either incapable of actually ringing the door bell or being too lazy to ring it. How often does stuff travel half-way round the globe in safety, then get damaged right at the point delivery? Very often, I suspect.

32 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I get a basic salary, then a bonus package based on how many cars I deliver a month with bandings rising for the more cars I do.

I then get a manufacturer bonus based on new cars for each quarter with a set amount for each unit delivered, based on a satisfaction score.

So with a new registration month coming up and a load of forward orders to deliver, yes, I could potentially make an extra few thousand pounds.

One cocked up handover could cost me a lot of money.

Ah ok understood, I thought you meant this singular car would be worth thousands of pounds to you. Then I thought that's mad if your bog standard road car costs about £18k, the margin must be huge if you're giving the person selling it thousands of pounds!!! What must the dudes designing and building the things be on!

Personally I wouldn't be too bothered about a few hours if it's worth some cash to you. 

16 minutes ago, String fellow said:

That's extemely annoying. Tbh, if ever I'm waiting for an expensive delivery like that, I'll either stay indoors watching out for the van or be outside washing the car, in anticipation of the driver being either incapable of actually ringing the door bell or being too lazy to ring it. How often does stuff travel half-way round the globe in safety, then get damaged right at the point delivery? Very often, I suspect.

Sods law kicks in though.

I stayed indoors all day waiting for a courier once. At one stage I popped into the back garden very briefly, I returned to see the van pulling away. :mad:

He must have pulled up as I walked out the back door, rang the bell once and then jumped back in his van and off.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, String fellow said:

I wasn't expecting it till Tuesday though, I only knew it was coming once I was at the MOT/tyre place - hence me asking the girl to keep an ear out.

Still, battery charged and it appears to be working.

Phew! :D

dugs.jpg

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You might want to delete that.

Some folk have been jailed for posting stuff like that only very recently.

I'm not saying that would be funny.  No not at all.  Not even a little tiny bit.  I love Daggers.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Daggers said:

I wasn't expecting it till Tuesday though, I only knew it was coming once I was at the MOT/tyre place - hence me asking the girl to keep an ear out.

Still, battery charged and it appears to be working.

Phew! :D

dugs.jpg

It’s a bit sh1t if it only does B&W

Added a like for the pupper pic 👍

Edited by jgtuk
  • Haha 2

50 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

You might want to delete that.

Some folk have been jailed for posting stuff like that only very recently.

I own neither guns nor chainsaws, I recommend nobody ever plays with guns or chainsaws - especially at the same time - and I have no intention of ever going anywhere to do anything with guns or chainsaws. It was a joke.

Anyway, I've sent them some dog shits in the post.