Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Yeh prob agree. But I still find it odd that British people aim to get drunk at a variety of events. Like a British wedding, guests turning up in cheap online dresses and off the rack M&S suits looking like a FTSE 250 compliance dept away day, downing old beer from a beaten up keg in a rain-drenched rural field all day.

Horse racing

Funerals

Gigs (prob more acceptable but drinking horrendous plastic £7.25 carlsberg at the venue, yuck)

Work xmas parties

I say this having drank 17 pints of the best lager you will ever try at one of the days during the Euros, so football is exempt.

If I tried to drink 17 pints in one day, I'd either be very poorly or dead by the end of it!

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If I tried to drink 17 pints in one day, I'd either be very poorly or dead by the end of it!

I’m not a big drinker but this stuff in Germany is like water. So pure, you don’t notice how easy it goes down. Puts paid to the chemical riddled crap we get served in England 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boots60 said:

Going through Evington the other day, I managed to re-furnish most of my house. Picked up 2 mattresses, a sofa, a fridge freezer, a TV in need of slight attention & some pieces of timber ideal for making shelves.

Who needs Ikea?

You mean you didn't find a bath, some spare car tyres, a bike frame, a pedestal fan...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

I'm a big fan of Starorpramen. Everywhere that sells the bottles/cans in this country it is brewed in the UK (you have to check the back label to spot it).

Everywhere except for Lidl that is, who import the proper Czech stuff. So I always get it from there and its a miles better drink. 

That’s a great tip, thanks! 

• Like 2

Royal Mail tracking information. What a joke. Whenever I enter a tracking number, the message they come up with is either:

We don't have any information on the status of this item.

Or:

We'll update the information when we attempt to deliver this item.

Thank you Royal Mail, for increasing the angst I already had from the non-arrival of the item I was expecting!

43 minutes ago, String fellow said:

Royal Mail tracking information. What a joke. Whenever I enter a tracking number, the message they come up with is either:

Or:

Thank you Royal Mail, for increasing the angst I already had from the non-arrival of the item I was expecting!

At least they won’t punt it over a six foot fence.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, String fellow said:

Or:

Sounds like the item is a recorded delivery item, which will only give an update when the item is delivered it doesn't show it's progress through the system, unlike a tracked item which is scanned at every stage, so you can see what office it has arrived at & tells you when it's out for delivery.

I'd always advise people to use tracked rather than recorded. Royal mail always prioritise tracked over other mail, some of which can lie in our office's for several days.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, steve555 said:

Sounds like the item is a recorded delivery item, which will only give an update when the item is delivered it doesn't show it's progress through the system, unlike a tracked item which is scanned at every stage, so you can see what office it has arrived at & tells you when it's out for delivery.

I'd always advise people to use tracked rather than recorded. Royal mail always prioritise tracked over other mail, some of which can lie in our office's for several days.

That's all very well, but the item in question was definitely 48 hour tracked and it still took 7 days to come from Essex. So, not only was the tracking information useless, but also the delivery time was not what I'd paid for.

4 hours ago, String fellow said:

That's all very well, but the item in question was definitely 48 hour tracked and it still took 7 days to come from Essex. So, not only was the tracking information useless, but also the delivery time was not what I'd paid for.

Sounds like you were a bit unlucky, if there's one thing management are a bit paranoid about it's tracked items. As for the rest of the mail, they couldn't give a monkeys.

• Like 1

On 21/08/2024 at 18:59, grobyfox1990 said:

I’m not a big drinker but this stuff in Germany is like water. So pure, you don’t notice how easy it goes down. Puts paid to the chemical riddled crap we get served in England 

Like Skol, then?

I know it's not really. I don't drink lager very often but when I do I usually go for this, just for me:

Franziskaner Weissbier German Wheat Beer Bottle 500ml

If we have friends over I'll get Staropramen. As mentioned earlier, get the authentic Czech, not British brewed under licence. 

That's something I don't get, if they're using the same ingredients and brewing process as they do in the country of origin, why do British brewed lagers/beers, (and in fact, Guinness) taste like a poorer version?

Edited by Parafox
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Parafox said:

Like Skol, then?

I know it's not really. I don't drink lager very often but when I do I usually go for this, just for me:

If we have friends over I'll get Staropramen. As mentioned earlier, get the authentic Czech, not British brewed under licence. 

That's something I don't get, if they're using the same ingredients and brewing process as they do in the country of origin, why do British brewed lagers/beers, (and in fact, Guinness) taste like a poorer version?

That’s a lovely drop. I would highly recommend you take a trip to Bavaria! If you’re slightly interested in beer and football you will love it. 
re your question, I assume it isn’t the same. In ultra processed Britain, we use worse/cheaper ingredients??

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Parafox said:

Like Skol, then?

The water is shit here 

• Like 1

Adult friends who are genuinely excited about the new series of Bluey. 

Whilst I find most "cringe" attributes in people genuinely wholesome, this is just pathetic and makes me think they're juvenile weirdos. 

An obvious one but people who put their calls on loud speaker. Like I'm happy for you that your little one can say "tiger" now and your brother in law Erik is finalizing the renovation on his house in Chiswick but I don't necessarily need to know this as I'm travelling through Hertfordshire on an overcrowded train with no working toilets.

13 hours ago, Zear0 said:

Whilst I find most "cringe" attributes in people genuinely wholesome, this is just pathetic and makes me think they're juvenile weirdos. 

Sounds like someone didn't catch Bluey-fever and is jealous

• Haha 2

On 22/08/2024 at 16:15, String fellow said:

Or:

I find it hard to believe the Royal Mail has IT problems ;)

• Like 1

On 27/08/2024 at 07:03, Zear0 said:

When is this coming out?