Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Let the son (6) pick where to eat after the trampoline park as a final summer holiday treat. He picked Pizza Hut (would have preferred Nando’s or Five Guys) but as I know he can put pizza away like a machine I relent. So he’s had less than half a slice of pepperoni pizza and annihilated the salad bar instead :dry:

Like it’s great that he’s had a lot of salad but we could have got that anywhere else and I’d have been happier with my food :rolleyes:

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

Let the son (6) pick where to eat after the trampoline park as a final summer holiday treat. He picked Pizza Hut (would have preferred Nando’s or Five Guys) but as I know he can put pizza away like a machine I relent. So he’s had less than half a slice of pepperoni pizza and annihilated the salad bar instead :dry:

Like it’s great that he’s had a lot of salad but we could have got that anywhere else and I’d have been happier with my food :rolleyes:

Take the positive that your kid chose the healthy option! 

31 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Take the positive that your kid chose the healthy option! 

I have no problem with that, but a lunch of cucumber, sweetcorn and his body weight in raisins wasn’t exactly going to keep him full till tea!

Edited by Fox in the North
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Fox in the North said:

I have no problem with that, but a lunch of cucumber, sweetcorn and his body weight in raisins wasn’t exactly going to keep him full till tea!

Isn't the tactic to just eat a bowl of those crunchy onion things? 

10 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Teams that take 5-a-side that bit too seriously, we're in a shite league there's no need to be screaming for every tackle as a foul. 

Equally the ones that are flying into tackles, blatantly kicking you and not looking at the ball, shoving people running at full speed into the side boards etc. We've all got work tomorrow lads, chill. We want to compete but not end up off work for a couple of months with a broken bone.

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Teams that take 5-a-side that bit too seriously, we're in a shite league there's no need to be screaming for every tackle as a foul. 

I played in a league at Riverside and one side had a manager, giving them warm up routines before each game. 

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

My daughters play netball for a league team and every year they hold a tournament in the name of an ex player who died a few years ago. Its a mixed tournament and each team needs to have a minimum of 3 men on the court at a time. For the last 3 years one team hires out their own court in the weeks leading up to the tournament for them to practice on. They only finished runners up last time and the look on their faces was priceless

Apps that use "my" whatever , rather than their name.

My apps are sorted alphabetically and when im looking for the app .. im not looking for MyOptus, MyAussie or myBupa ... just put your damn app under your name.

3 hours ago, ozleicester said:

My apps are sorted alphabetically and when im looking for the app .. im not looking for MyOptus, MyAussie or myBupa ... just put your damn app under your name.

I think you've identified the problem right there.  Either organise like a man or use the search like the kids! :)

9 hours ago, ozleicester said:

1. Didn't realise I could alphabetise them.

2. I don't have one single MyApp.

Cost of school uniform. 

Comfortably over four hundred quid for some cheap, nasty nylon and polyester. 

And the cartel system that means you can only buy from the school nominated supplier…who can obviously charge whatever the fvck they want. 

🤬🤬🤬

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Milo said:

Cost of school uniform. 

And the cartel system that means you can only buy from the school nominated supplier…who can obviously charge whatever the fvck they want. 

🤬🤬🤬

That's nothing compared to how much you bribed your lad to pass his exams :D

Quite honestly, anyone paying four hundred quid for some cheap, nasty nylon and polyester uniform just to dress up their wife has more money than sense.

I got mine a fancy dress Noel Edmonds outfit off Ebay for £25 and it's just as stimulating.

• Haha 1

On 06/09/2024 at 18:47, Milo said:

Cost of school uniform. 

🤬🤬🤬

Edited by Parafox

1 hour ago, filthyfox said:

People who vape in confined public spaces.

I have no interest in smelling whatever you choose to put in your lungs.

I was behind a car a while back that had such a cloud of vape fumes coming from it, I could smell it in my car.

2 hours ago, filthyfox said:

People who vape in confined public spaces.

I have no interest in smelling whatever you choose to put in your lungs.

You're going to have a fit when you find out how you can smell farts.

• Haha 1