Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

I work with a complete nob who is an ex of my girlfriends they split up after he cheated on her 4 times.

Anyway i was out friday nite in town and saw this idiot and we chatted and talked about work and got talking to 2 girls who introduced themselves i met the missus later on in the nite then went home. Got to work today and apparently i was snogging the face off this woman id been talking to guess who had started the bullshit..... the idiot

To make matters worse my girlfriend believes him and is saying that im no better than him. Which i think the fact he cheated on her is making her jump to the wrong conclusion about the littlest thing.

I have a feeling that a right hook is in order or i could sack him as im his supervisor but both actions make me seem guilty.

Sack him now! :devil:

I work with a complete nob who is an ex of my girlfriends they split up after he cheated on her 4 times.

Anyway i was out friday nite in town and saw this idiot and we chatted and talked about work and got talking to 2 girls who introduced themselves i met the missus later on in the nite then went home. Got to work today and apparently i was snogging the face off this woman id been talking to guess who had started the bullshit..... the idiot

To make matters worse my girlfriend believes him and is saying that im no better than him. Which i think the fact he cheated on her is making her jump to the wrong conclusion about the littlest thing.

I have a feeling that a right hook is in order or i could sack him as im his supervisor but both actions make me seem guilty.

Do both, a nice right hook followed by the sack, that would teach him

Don't sack him, makes you look guilty. Sticking him on the most donkey work job you can find and keep him on it. keep him isolated too, works a treat :P

Don't think you could sack him for that, but sounds like he's definitely in need of a good kicking :thumbup:

Just this for me lol

Some things American are so crass

When my kids were younger I took them to the Disney store in Leicester. They'd put a member of staff on the door ( probably on day release from the Towers) to meet and greet the customers with a "Hi" to every single person entering the store and a "bye "to every person leaving it. The highlight was when you got two or three families entering or leaving at the same time. The poor girl was going " Hi, Hi, Hi, Bye,Bye,Hi,Hi,Hi,Hi, Bye,Bye Bye Bye,Hi" without pause for breath

So for those that think their job's shit, think again.

Charming.

If you're going to act like a twat, you should be treated like one.

I doubt that day will come. Just because it has he word FOOT in its name doesn't take in to account that roads are over populated by motorists all trying to reach a destination as quickly as possible.

How does that justify breaking the law? Like I said, if you are too scared to use the road you are supposed to be using, you shouldn't be on a bike. You can call it mistrust, but at the end of the day I am right.

Stop stating things ive not said. :D

You didn't have to write it down, the inference is there for all to see.

I said that motorcycles have an advantage over bicycles as they can actually keep up with the traffic and in most cases you can dictate how you travel through traffic and not vice versa. I never specifically said I don't trust motorists on one means and not the other. I don't trust other motorists full stop, wether it be in a car, bicycle or motorbike.

So there doesn't need to be any campaigns warning about motorbikes, if motorcyclists are so accomplished at reading the road, and reacting to conditions.

You need to make up your mind.

I can't comment on deterioting driving standards as ive been driving under five years but im guessing it is the case just by logically knowing that there are more motorists on the road than ever. The thing is when your on a narrow road and a car can't overtake a bicycle they pressure the cyclist by riding right up his/her arse even though they fully well know a bike isn't capable of reaching a speed of a car. Ive had this happen many times hence why I keep off the road when ever possible.

So you are scared.

I have been in similar situations, and carry on riding my bike as it is my right to do.

As it being the cause for the campaign im unsure. Maybe the fact that the percentage of motorbike accidents is the highest of all accidents reported in terms of ratio would be more probable would it not :thumbup:

See, you need to make up your mind.

It may not justify me riding on pavements but it proved my point that bikes are harder to spot by cars/vans/trucks. Please don't twist my argument :D

Again, you need to make up your mind.

Also if you can't justify breaking the law, you deserve to be fined for it. Especially as you obviously know it's wrong.

No your not insured for hitting a pedestrian but is that it what it comes to? Insurance? Are people incompetent of carrying out daily tasks. What if a jogger 'accidentally' mows down a pedestrian? Are they insured. No, I didn't think so.....

I would bet my mortgage that more people are injured on bikes by cars than pedestrians being hit by bikes with the first also having higher fatalities.

Good, nice of you to show concern for your fellow citizens. You hit me with your bike, and I will sue you, insurance or not.

Id like to see what your view is on parents with children cycling as there bikes are a lot smaller. Should they still be on the road?

The parents should. I have seen parents do this, so I don't see what the problem is.

Sorry but if she believes it (coming from someone she knows is a liar) then she has no trust in your relationship and its not going anywhere... :(

Id sack him then hit the pratt

When you have to ask for a carrier bag in Tesco and they only give you something like 2 bag when you have got about 34564 items.

It's because they are trying to encourage customers to bring their own, for envirnomental purposes. All supermarkets do it, you're lucky you got two.

I haven't had a new carrier bag from my supermarket for about two years

cue intense feeling of smug self satisfaction

so you should be pleased with yourself.. its great you havent used carrier bags! :)

We stopped using them and got the big long life bags from Morrisons.... the burglars used them to take all our possessions away :(

I would just like to say that loneliness is not that only thing that will be killing the mongatrons in the T-Mobile advert if I ever get my hands on any of them. I can't believe how much I fooking hate that coming on every 5 minutes :banghead:

Edited by Katy

If you're going to act like a twat, you should be treated like one.

How does that justify breaking the law? Like I said, if you are too scared to use the road you are supposed to be using, you shouldn't be on a bike. You can call it mistrust, but at the end of the day I am right.

You didn't have to write it down, the inference is there for all to see.

So there doesn't need to be any campaigns warning about motorbikes, if motorcyclists are so accomplished at reading the road, and reacting to conditions.

You need to make up your mind.

So you are scared.

I have been in similar situations, and carry on riding my bike as it is my right to do.

See, you need to make up your mind.

Again, you need to make up your mind.

Also if you can't justify breaking the law, you deserve to be fined for it. Especially as you obviously know it's wrong.

Good, nice of you to show concern for your fellow citizens. You hit me with your bike, and I will sue you, insurance or not.

The parents should. I have seen parents do this, so I don't see what the problem is.

I don't need to make my mind up over anything. I have read over what I wrote again and it makes perfect sense to me and my mind is clearly made up. You seem to be reading in between the lines and trying to merge my points into irrelevance.

All your doing is bypassing my points and trying to ridicule me. If thats how you conduct your debates so be it but I have raised good points and you either state things I have not said, make assumptions and try and patronise me.

The only thing I can digest from this is you know I have made a good argument yet you will not stand down and are trying to bypass my argument with a simple "make your mind up". That is not a logical answer to my points.

Yes it is the law but it does not mean thats where you draw a line at. Can laws not be contested?

It seems we both have our stances and are both to stubborn albeit one of us will not bring valid points up.

You are allowed to be wrong from time to time you know. :P

I don't need to make my mind up over anything. I have read over what I wrote again and it makes perfect sense to me and my mind is clearly made up. You seem to be reading in between the lines and trying to merge my points into irrelevance.

All your doing is bypassing my points and trying to ridicule me. If thats how you conduct your debates so be it but I have raised good points and you either state things I have not said, make assumptions and try and patronise me.

The only thing I can digest from this is you know I have made a good argument yet you will not stand down and are trying to bypass my argument with a simple "make your mind up". That is not a logical answer to my points.

Yes it is the law but it does not mean thats where you draw a line at. Can laws not be contested?

It seems we both have our stances and are both to stubborn albeit one of us will not bring valid points up.

You are allowed to be wrong from time to time you know. :P

If that's what you think then you are thicker than I thought. If you want to contest laws, raise it with your MP, breaking the law just gives your argument less credibility.

You have failed to raise a single good point; all your points are "me, me, me". It's that kind of selfish attitude that is endemic in society today. As long as you're ok, sod everyone else. A fake Burberry clad, unemployed gimp would be called anti-social for doing what you are doing. I fail to see the difference. And if you don't think the risk of injuring a pedestrian is a good enough reason for you riding on the road, then you haven't read a single word I've posted, or just focused on the parts that you want to.

Again, I hope you are fined.

If that's what you think then you are thicker than I thought. If you want to contest laws, raise it with your MP, breaking the law just gives your argument less credibility.

It's a matter of common sense.

You have failed to raise a single good point

I raised many points which you will find if you look back you have resulted to ridicule or stated things I have never said trying to bypass the point.

all your points are "me, me, me".

Well correct me if I'm wrong isin't this thread titled What grinds MY gears. :thumbup:

It's that kind of selfish attitude that is endemic in society today. As long as you're ok, sod everyone else.

Im sorry but it is survival of the fittest within reason. Remarkable how one is deemed selfish for wanting to keep there life out of harms way. You have this idea that I will run over pedestrians. Don't patronise me please. I know how to steer a bike.

A fake Burberry clad, unemployed gimp would be called anti-social for doing what you are doing. I fail to see the difference.

lol lol lol lol

So now cycling on a pavement is in the same bracket as a stereotyped council house tear away.

Whats your solution ASBO's for cyclists. lol lol

And if you don't think the risk of injuring a pedestrian is a good enough reason for you riding on the road, then you haven't read a single word I've posted, or just focused on the parts that you want to.

Risk risk risk. Ive cycled since as young as I can remember and can't remember hitting one pedestrian in that time. Like stated above you seem to have this idea I will be cycling gung ho down a pavement leaving people, pets, kids in the wake to be mowed down like some psychopath. if the pavement is busy I will move off to avoid them. Again it's all down to common sense.

Again, I hope you are fined.

It will never happen. I cycle past the feds on a daily basis on the pavements and they couldn't give a toss. Reason why? Because they have common sense. Im sure they aware of the law but they use logic as well. :thumbup:

Edited by Jehst

It's a matter of common sense.

Something that you obviously lack.

I raised many points which you will find if you look back you have resulted to ridicule or stated things I have never said trying to bypass the point.

If you don't like holes being picked in your argument, don't start an argument in the first place.

I don't need to justify anything. You are the one breaking the law.

Well correct me if I'm wrong isin't this thread titled What grinds MY gears. :thumbup:

But you are not commenting on something that is grinding your gears. You are sticking up for breaking the law, something that you appear, quite smugly, to revel in doing. Ooh, you rebel. :rolleyes:

Im sorry but it is survival of the fittest within reason. Remarkable how one is deemed selfish for wanting to keep there life out of harms way. You have this idea that I will run over pedestrians. Don't patronise me please. I know how to steer a bike.

See, you are too scared to ride on the road.

lol lol lol lol

So now cycling on a pavement is in the same bracket as a stereotyped council house tear away.

Whats your solution ASBO's for cyclists. lol lol

One drop of rain before a storm. It makes me laugh that you can't be anti-social if you happen to speak a little better than someone else. Riding a bike on the footpath is a perfect example of anti-social behaviour, as it shows scant regard for pedestrians rightfully using it.

Risk risk risk. Ive cycled since as young as I can remember and can't remember hitting one pedestrian in that time. Like stated above you seem to have this idea I will be cycling gung ho down a pavement leaving people, pets, kids in the wake to be mowed down like some psychopath. if the pavement is busy I will move off to avoid them. Again it's all down to common sense.

lol

Risk? Coming from the bloke too scared to ride his bike on a road? Do you have stabilisers as well?

It will never happen. I cycle past the feds on a daily basis on the pavements and they couldn't give a toss. Reason why? Because they have common sense. Im sure they aware of the law but they use logic as well. :thumbup:

I shall tell you a little story. Cars are not allowed to drive down certain parts of Charles St. Quite often they are followed by police cars, who don't do anything about this fact. One day, the police did decide to do something about it, issuing on the spot fines. Some bloke moaned "I do this every day, and haven't been stopped before". The answer was "you shouldn't be doing it in the first place, you've only got yourself to blame".

If you know anything about the police, they have little "projects", areas that they target. At the moment, it's not cyclists. But maybe the next one will.