Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Just tried to open my Virgin Media email account and it's been hacked yet again, blocking me, demanding a password reset and then potentially stealing any new password I try to allocate. Twice in 6 months. VM customer assistance is a ****ing joke. Just bots. Round and round in circles trying to sort it out by following their online help is a waste of ****ing time. No-one to talk directly to. 

Hence why I'm still up at midnight responding to @Daggers as a distraction.

Edited by Parafox

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

Just tried to open my Virgin Media email account and it's been hacked yet again, blocking me, demanding a password reset and then potentially stealing any new password I try to allocate. Twice in 6 months. VM customer assistance is a ****ing joke. Just bots. Round and round in circles trying to sort it out by following their online help is a waste of ****ing time. No-one to talk directly to. 

No idea why you're using their shirty email services. Just get yourself a Gmail account. 

10 hours ago, Parafox said:

10 minutes ago, The Bear said:

No idea why you're using their shirty email services. Just get yourself a Gmail account. 

Representing the anti-Google branch of FT, might I suggest https://proton.me/mail

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Bear said:

I have that as well. I had to set one up as a recovery email after the last time VM email got infiltrated.

I still can't recover Virgin email even via Gmail, as the recovery code I receive doesn't function, I assume because the "hacker" has something set up to block me from setting up new passwords.

I'd love to know why the stuff I get via email is so important to them. It's mostly Amazon confirmations or junk emails after Mrs Para buys something online and unknowingly subscribes.

8 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Trying to register a new sim on the Tesco mobile website - 'your email is registered, please log in'.

Trying to log in to the Tesco mobile website - 'your email address is not recognised '.

I can resonate with this but with Specsavers.

9 hours ago, FoyleFox said:

Trying to register a new sim on the Tesco mobile website - 'your email is registered, please log in'.

Trying to log in to the Tesco mobile website - 'your email address is not recognised '.

Does my bloody head in.

And if I have to do a simple, one time registration for the BBC iPlayer again, I may lose my presence of mind.

With regard to your problem FoyleFox, I have come across several situations like this where the site will not recognise a copy and pasted email address, nor a 'auto complete' one. You need to type in your complete address manually. Try that.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Does my bloody head in.

And if I have to do a simple, one time registration for the BBC iPlayer again, I may lose my presence of mind.

With regard to your problem FoyleFox, I have come across several situations like this where the site will not recognise a copy and pasted email address, nor a 'auto complete' one. You need to type in your complete address manually. Try that.

I've had the copy and paste issue previously, so, tried the manual typing option but to no avail. Equally, clearing my cookies and an alternative browser. 

On this occasion, it's just to register a sim for my parents to have mobile data on my spare phone whilst I'm on holiday. I could've called and investigated further but it's just a temporary thing so, I've just used a different email address. 

• Like 1