Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Certainly wasn't the case when I was one.

Q. Why doesn't an Estate Agent look out of the window in the morning?

A. Because there would be nothing to do in the Afternoons....

£2,500 for doing a little bit of photocopying and driving around in a stupid little car - not bad money in my book.

And why are their cars so stupidly little? They make Noddy look macho.

£2,500 for doing a little bit of photocopying and driving around in a stupid little car - not bad money in my book.

And why are their cars so stupidly little? They make Noddy look macho.

Those cars grind my gears actually. And the people who drive them look like cunts.

No offence to Tabou, he's a great bloke, but I've found anyone working at, for example, Foxtons to be a massive willy puller.

Another thing that annoys me is not being able to read the word they make you type out when trying to buy tickets online. I'm sure they're getting harder to see, and there's 2 of them now. Unbelievable.

Those cars grind my gears actually. And the people who drive them look like ****s.

No offence to Tabou, he's a great bloke, but I've found anyone working at, for example, Foxtons to be a massive willy puller.

Another thing that annoys me is not being able to read the word they make you type out when trying to buy tickets online. I'm sure they're getting harder to see, and there's 2 of them now. Unbelievable.

None taken. Gave that shite up years ago. Now in the glamourous world of Financial Services, Life insurance and 'Wealth Planning'..... :unsure:

captcha_microsoft.JPG

AAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Headaches and housework. :(

Oh, and ringing my Doctors only to be told I can't have an appointment for 4 weeks because I'm not in a 'Priority Category'. WTF is a 'Priority Category'? If I was dead would I be in one? Do I have to sound more convincingly ill over the phone? I freely admit that it's not something of great urgency (I assume, with my self-diagnosis; thank fook it's not something I'd want expert medical reassurance over) but I'd still expect to be offered an appointment a little sooner than that.

Edited by anotherofwalshieswomen

I had an absolute battle to get the bar staff to put the bloody game on for me last night.

Basically, at half seven I walked up to the bar to politely ask if they'd change the channel for me.

Me: "Excuse me, is there any chance that I could have Sky Sports 1 put on? There's some football I want to watch."

Barman #1: "Erm, I think they're keeping the American Football on but I'll go and check."

*Barman #1 wanders off and doesn't return*

I give it two minutes and then ask another guy behind the bar...

Barman #2: "Hang on, I'll just go and check with my supervisor."

*Barman 2 wanders off and returns*

Barman #2: "No, I'm sorry. We're keeping the American Football on. We've had loads of requests for it."

Me: "But it's just highlights of last night's Wembley game. The thing that I want to watch is actually live."

Barman #2: "I'm sorry, my supervisor says so."

Me: "Well, can I talk to them?"

Barman #2: "She's over there"

Me to supervisor: "Hi, excuse me. I was just wondering if you'd be able to change the channel? There's some live football on that I'd like to watch."

Supervisor: "No, sorry. American football's on here all night. That's what's been chosen."

Me (slightly giving up the ghost): "Well, will they put it on for me in Top Bar? (the other campus bar)"

Supervisor: "Don't think so, there's a Jam Night on. You can try though."

*Me and my mate (a Norwich fan) dash up to Top Bar in a fruitless attempt to get them to turn the game on for us. Apparently the staff there can't help us as their channel changer is controlled by a master key that none of them have access to.*

Me: "What a crock of shit! There wasn't even anyone watching the American football in the bar! We're gonna get this fucking game on!"

*We return to the SU Bar*

Me: "Excuse me, I really don't think this is fair. It's patently obvious no-one is watching the American football highlights. Could you please change the channel for us?"

Supervisor: "*sigh* Well, what game is it?"

Me: "Leicester v Reading"

Supervisor: "No."

Me: "Why not?"

Supervisor: "That's not really a big game is it?"

Mate: "It is to us."

Me: "Besides, surely the point of a bar having a Sky Sports license is so that they can show live sport and not just highlights?"

Supervisor: "Yeah, well you're just discriminating against American Football then."

Me: "What? That's ridiculous. I saw the game last night. When it was actually live."

Supervisor: "Well, you're talking to the wrong person, because I'm a cheerleader."

Me: "I still can't see anyone who wants the American Football on..."

Supervisor: "Yeah, well he's one of my staff. So by saying he can't watch the highlights, you're discriminating against him."

Mate: "But we're customers, so you're discriminating against us."

Me: "Yeah, surely as customers we come first?"

Supervisor: "Well, he's having a coke before his shift actually. So he's a customer too yeah?"

Me: "But..."

Supervisor: "Look, why you being so rude yeah? Do you really think the way you're talking to me's gonna help your cause?"

Me: "I wasn't being rude, I'm trying to be as polite as I can given the way you're treating us..."

Anyway, at this point it turns out the one guy in the bar who was watching the American Football highlights is a bloke I know who works behind the bar. And guess what? He wasn't really bothered about watching the highlights as he'd seen it last night! He's more than happy to change the channel for us.

Supervisor: "Well I'm not putting it on full screen for you and you're not having the sound on."

Cretins do my head in, they really do. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

Edited by A Fox in Essex

A Fox in Essex's tale

Sounds familiar.

I had a similar story happening to me last fall in a bar on Lombard Street in San Francisco, where me and a friend of mine wanted to see some proper European football (I think it was Chelsea game on a Saturday or Sunday morning local time). There was no one inside the pub but one elderly customer.

We kindly asked the sour-looking barkeeper to switch channels. He declined and immediately told us to bugger off.

We tried to talk sense, but there was no point in arguing any further, so we left and never came back.

Edited by Alexei

Sounds familiar.

I had a similar story happening to me last fall in a bar on Lombard Street in San Francisco, where me and a friend of mine wanted to see some proper European football (I think it was Chelsea game on a Saturday or Sunday morning local time). There was no one inside the pub but one elderly customer.

We kindly asked the sour-looking barkeeper to switch channels. He declined and immediately told us to bugger off.

We tried to talk sense, but there was no point in arguing any further, so we left and never came back.

Sense never works. If you're loud, rude and illogical the chances are you'll win every argument you ever get into.

I had an absolute battle to get the bar staff to put the bloody game on for me last night.

Basically, at half seven I walked up to the bar to politely ask if they'd change the channel for me.

Me: "Excuse me, is there any chance that I could have Sky Sports 1 put on? There's some football I want to watch."

Barman #1: "Erm, I think they're keeping the American Football on but I'll go and check."

*Barman #1 wanders off and doesn't return*

I give it two minutes and then ask another guy behind the bar...

Barman #2: "Hang on, I'll just go and check with my supervisor."

*Barman 2 wanders off and returns*

Barman #2: "No, I'm sorry. We're keeping the American Football on. We've had loads of requests for it."

Me: "But it's just highlights of last night's Wembley game. The thing that I want to watch is actually live."

Barman #2: "I'm sorry, my supervisor says so."

Me: "Well, can I talk to them?"

Barman #2: "She's over there"

Me to supervisor: "Hi, excuse me. I was just wondering if you'd be able to change the channel? There's some live football on that I'd like to watch."

Supervisor: "No, sorry. American football's on here all night. That's what's been chosen."

Me (slightly giving up the ghost): "Well, will they put it on for me in Top Bar? (the other campus bar)"

Supervisor: "Don't think so, there's a Jam Night on. You can try though."

*Me and my mate (a Norwich fan) dash up to Top Bar in a fruitless attempt to get them to turn the game on for us. Apparently the staff there can't help us as their channel changer is controlled by a master key that none of them have access to.*

Me: "What a crock of shit! There wasn't even anyone watching the American football in the bar! We're gonna get this fucking game on!"

*We return to the SU Bar*

Me: "Excuse me, I really don't think this is fair. It's patently obvious no-one is watching the American football highlights. Could you please change the channel for us?"

Supervisor: "*sigh* Well, what game is it?"

Me: "Leicester v Reading"

Supervisor: "No."

Me: "Why not?"

Supervisor: "That's not really a big game is it?"

Mate: "It is to us."

Me: "Besides, surely the point of a bar having a Sky Sports license is so that they can show live sport and not just highlights?"

Supervisor: "Yeah, well you're just discriminating against American Football then."

Me: "What? That's ridiculous. I saw the game last night. When it was actually live."

Supervisor: "Well, you're talking to the wrong person, because I'm a cheerleader."

Me: "I still can't see anyone who wants the American Football on..."

Supervisor: "Yeah, well he's one of my staff. So by saying he can't watch the highlights, you're discriminating against him."

Mate: "But we're customers, so you're discriminating against us."

Me: "Yeah, surely as customers we come first?"

Supervisor: "Well, he's having a coke before his shift actually. So he's a customer too yeah?"

Me: "But..."

Supervisor: "Look, why you being so rude yeah? Do you really think the way you're talking to me's gonna help your cause?"

Me: "I wasn't being rude, I'm trying to be as polite as I can given the way you're treating us..."

Anyway, at this point it turns out the one guy in the bar who was watching the American Football highlights is a bloke I know who works behind the bar. And guess what? He wasn't really bothered about watching the highlights as he'd seen it last night! He's more than happy to change the channel for us.

Supervisor: "Well I'm not putting it on full screen for you and you're not having the sound on."

Cretins do my head in, they really do. :frusty: :frusty: :frusty:

What a Joke, I completely sacked off the SU last night went for the traditional pub which was pretty full of Leicester anyway so that was good.

No doubt they've cancelled some live act just to show the United game tonight and Pool-Arsenal tomorrow. The annoying thing is that I know alot of genuine fans up here it's more the university's insistance that only 4 clubs exist.

What a Joke, I completely sacked off the SU last night went for the traditional pub which was pretty full of Leicester anyway so that was good.

No doubt they've cancelled some live act just to show the United game tonight and Pool-Arsenal tomorrow. The annoying thing is that I know alot of genuine fans up here it's more the university's insistance that only 4 clubs exist.

I think it's the same anywhere to be honest. Apparently there were fights going on in the bar between Man U and Liverpool "fans" on Sunday and no one batted an eyelid. I jumped up and down waving my scarf around my head for thirty seconds when we scored last night and the staff looked at me like I was piece of shit. The long, tall and short of it is if you don't follow Man U, Arsenal, Chelsea or Liverpool (and to an extent Spurs and West Ham too) they don't want to know you.

weren't showing it in my SU either

had to watch it on a tiny screen in a local pub

didn't bother me as long as i got to see it!

a bit pissed off i had to pay 2.20 a pint instead of 1.50 though

Edited by LCFC-ARAB

Bloody students.

With all of my tax money you're all getting you could afford to have private helicopters suspend you over the ground for the match, while Richard Branson pours you glasses of Student Union subsidised champagne.

Get a job.

And get your hair cut.

weren't showing it in my SU either

had to watch it on a tiny screen in a local pub

didn't bother me as long as i got to see it!

a bit pissed off i had to pay 2.20 a pint instead of 1.50 though

Disaster, surprised you didn't slit your wrists at thse prices

Still not being able to get my head around the clocks changing. I keep waking up early and being knackered by about 9PM. :blush:

It might help if I got round to changing the rest of the clocks in the house, I suppose. I've only changed 2 or 3 so far. :blink:

What's up with that? :huh:

Pretty much any set of fans in the world who have any sense of history or tradition sing songs about former legends.

But man utd fans dont sing anything else! lol.

Its all solskaer this and cantona that. The players on the pitch dont get anything lol.