Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

It's all in jest the piss taking, but it does mount up, being called a 'human encyclopedia' It doesn't help the stuff I know about no-one else would give two shits about, like who else would care about how Premier League football saved Sky, and why, and the BBc, the future of PSB and that.. they don't anyway :D

There must be a lot of insecure people. One lad in my class joined THIS Facebook group earlier today, and he's one of the clever ones in my group too! gotta love it.

I know what you mean a guy at work is on at me constantly since I got put on a project and thinks hes being very amusing but after hearing it 20 odd times a day it grates! :angry:

lol there definately are a lot of insecure people! The BNP is full of them but then thats a whole other thread! :whistle:

It's all in jest the piss taking, but it does mount up, being called a 'human encyclopedia' It doesn't help the stuff I know about no-one else would give two shits about, like who else would care about how Premier League football saved Sky, and why, and the BBc, the future of PSB and that.. they don't anyway :D

There must be a lot of insecure people. One lad in my class joined THIS Facebook group earlier today, and he's one of the clever ones in my group too! gotta love it.

Are there any fit ladies in your class, cus this sounds like a hollywood-esk scenario of 'nerdy uni student' pulls class 'fittie'. So Ian, you could be into a good thing here!!!! :thumbup:

Are there any fit ladies in your class, cus this sounds like a hollywood-esk scenario of 'nerdy uni student' pulls class 'fittie'. So Ian, you could be into a good thing here!!!! :thumbup:

no-no, i'm just the geeky student who has an interest in television policy, when no-one else does

Fit ladies there may be, but they're not blind, so I don't have a chance

You really do have a one track mind dont you?! :crylaugh:

Supermarket Check outs.

This is why I shop at Waitrose. Less people, nice service. Oh and no scum. I reckon it costs me about £20 a week, and worth every penny. I periodically do a big shop at Sainsbury's to fill in the gaps. i tried Morrisons the other week and it was a horrible experience. I concede it is possible I am turning into a snob. :whistle:

Pens that slowly fade as you write. You will them not to run out but they just die.

Leaking pens.

Chewing pen lids and then not being able to put them back on pens.

PENS.

I know someone with a pen obsession (borderline fetish, me thinks!). Fact. :whistle:

Needing to study Art and design to get onto a computer animation course at university (or at least one university telling me that) when college tell you that your doing the right course, IT, to do computer animation at university.

Edited by Fox92

Needing to study Art and design to get onto a computer animation course at university (or at least one university telling me that) when college tell you that your doing the right course, IT, to do computer animation at university.

What course are you specifically doing ?

I think we should be the bigger men here and give him nothing, ignore him. We are doing a million times better without him. I feel indifferent to him.

The unending attempts by the football authorities to sanitise watching professional football - to make it more family friendly :rolleyes:

http://www.leicester.vitalfootball.co.uk/a...le.asp?a=176188

I'm not one that swearing in most mixed company sits comfortably with but football is different so in this case I'll make an exception

fook Off!!!

The unending attempts by the football authorities to sanitise watching professional football - to make it more family friendly :rolleyes:

I'm not one that swearing in most mixed company sits comfortably with but football is different so in this case I'll make an exception

fook Off!!!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And to think, people actually get paid to come up with this kind of rubbish.

I went to football with my mum, dad and granddad when I was a kid and none of them were ever bothered if someone swore or made an obscene gesture around me. Some parents really need to man up...

fook Off!!!

Not sure why you've quoted me there Davie. I certainly agree that football is a different kettle of fish in terms of swearing and such like and I don't want to sit in silence. And if I was bothered about Ella hearing it I would take her in the family stand but I don't she sits in the Kop when she goes.

As for Mattock, I just reckon he'll probably get off on the booing so I would want to ignore him. I don't care what people do, I won't be there on Saturday anyway.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

And to think, people actually get paid to come up with this kind of rubbish.

I went to football with my mum, dad and granddad when I was a kid and none of them were ever bothered if someone swore or made an obscene gesture around me. Some parents really need to man up...

In fairness, that campaign is targetting the family areas of stadiums, and swearing/ obscene behaviour shouldn't take place in there.

However, if you take kids into other, possibly more vocal parts of the ground then I'm afraid you have to expect the odd expletive. Football is a passionate, spontaneous game.

In fairness, that campaign is targetting the family areas of stadiums, and swearing/ obscene behaviour shouldn't take place in there.

However, if you take kids into other, possibly more vocal parts of the ground then I'm afraid you have to expect the odd expletive. Football is a passionate, spontaneous game.

Yeah, you've probably got a point actually. But we all know what the point of family areas are anyway without this meaningless campaign.

I don't like the phrase "proactive stewarding" that was used in that article. Say a dad and lad are in a family stand and their team lets in a last minute goal, and the dad lets out and involuntary expletive. Does "proactive stewarding" mean a squadron of luminous morons gang up on the father and chuck him out? It's just seems a little threateningly worded...

Not sure why you've quoted me there Davie. I certainly agree that football is a different kettle of fish in terms of swearing and such like and I don't want to sit in silence. And if I was bothered about Ella hearing it I would take her in the family stand but I don't she sits in the Kop when she goes.

As for Mattock, I just reckon he'll probably get off on the booing so I would want to ignore him. I don't care what people do, I won't be there on Saturday anyway.

Oops neither do I - I hope it doesn't grind your gears.

That may be their 'public aim' but I've strong doubts and suspect that it goes much further, why else did we have that excruciating pre-match announcement all last season.

Besides 'family areas' are a relatively modern introduction and the attention, consideration, monetary benefits seems to out weigh those for any other group of people and definitely at the expense of the late/post teen age group.

I also feel that for a club to position it's 'family area' next to the away fans who obviously do not a have their own 'family area' is only paying lip-service to the whole campaign or as I've said previously have the hidden agenda of total sanitisation.