Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

LG 37LF7700, has freesat built in. Not sure what to do as the 42" is only £120 extra but our current tv is 37" and seems fine.

Buy the 42, cus these days it's all about size, I bought a 42 inch a few years ago and now every fookers getting a 50incher, who says size doesn't matter!! :rolleyes:

LG 37LF7700, has freesat built in. Not sure what to do as the 42" is only £120 extra but our current tv is 37" and seems fine.

Very nice. It's always a dilemma when the massive ones become affordable, isn't it? The only thing that puts me off is non HD sources looking particularly crappy on bigger screens

The only thing that puts me off is non HD sources looking particularly crappy on bigger screens

Agreed

and the power consumption. They are trying to pass a law in the States to limit the size of TVs being sold as they use so much juice.

Thick people.

Thick people'd be alright if they just accepted their lot and shut up. But they don't. Some twat once made the mistake of appointing a thick person to a position whereby they could start appointing other thick people and now everywhere I turn there are thick people in charge of stuff or venturing their opinions.

Barely a decision makes it out that hasn't just gone through the mammalian brain - no cerebral cortex, no nothing.

They should all be tested, publicly marked and barred from driving, having children and holding positions of authority (all the way down to receptionist).

Especially receptionists.

If you're a receptionist and you don't have good looks and a cracking cleavage your one and only job is to fucking help people.

Thick receptionist cunt.

Just a bit of advice. I would stay well clear from any tv with built in extras such as free-sat or a dvd player. The tv always outlives the internal components which will make the extras redundant.

Also the fail rate is a lot higher on the extras as less and cheaper components are used.

That's if you've not bought it already. :thumbup:

Just a bit of advice. I would stay well clear from any tv with built in extras such as free-sat or a dvd player. The tv always outlives the internal components which will make the extras redundant.

Also the fail rate is a lot higher on the extras as less and cheaper components are used.

That's if you've not bought it already. :thumbup:

The chance of early failure is not a major problem to me (fit for purpose and warranty should cover that) and the extra convenience of having everything actually work together rather than loads of peripherals not communicating properly is a bonus.

That said I've bought nothing yet.

Edited by Sir Fynwy

The chance of early failure is not a major problem to me (fit for purpose and warranty should cover that) and the extra convenience of having everything actually work together rather than loads of peripherals not communicating properly is a bonus.

That said I've bought nothing yet.

There's no doubt the convenience of having in built free-sat is a major advantage just thought I would give you some food for thought.

I'm always a believer that if anything goes wrong electronically they usually occur within the first few months if not straight away (touches wood) so you're quite right the warranty will cover you.

I must admit it's mainly the tvs with in built dvd players I wouldn't touch with a barge pole and without being snobbish the asda/tesco own brands etc are most prone to faults so with LG you should be fine anyway.

Yep annoying. Also when you stop at a zebra crossing and they don't say thank you. Some don't understand that I really didn't need to stop and could have run you over!

If someones waiting at a zebra crossing you should stop though. I'm pretty certain you will fail your driving test if you don't.