Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

When the water out of the cold tap in your kitchen comes out like this, been like it for a few days now:

w8armb.jpg

It looks the same white as milk nearly, and it fizzes, then after about 6 minutes it is clear like normal water.

Cant see the image as Im at work but it its discoloured you need to get your water supplier out to have a look.

Jesus creepers who approach you and try to gulit-trip you into church. Telling them you're an atheist only exacerbates the situation.

Bad grammar.

People who talk through my well-prepared presentations at uni when their presentation was shit.

The fact my dishes won't wash themselves.

Teletext gone by the end of the month. (On analogue)

The fact my Digibox won't work due to useless aerial.

Ironing.

Lack of DVDs to watch.

1200 word essays that leave no room for development of argument.

Spar.

Jesus creepers who approach you and try to gulit-trip you into church. Telling them you're an atheist only exacerbates the situation.

Bad grammar.

People who talk through my well-prepared presentations at uni when their presentation was shit.

The fact my dishes won't wash themselves.

Teletext gone by the end of the month. (On analogue)

The fact my Digibox won't work due to useless aerial.

Ironing.

Lack of DVDs to watch.

1200 word essays that leave no room for development of argument.

Spar.

Agreed fully.

Got stopped by one before and when he saw he was losing the battle he decided to bring a blind woman into the argument so she could tell us how awesome god was. Madness

Got stopped by one before and when he saw he was losing the battle he decided to bring a blind woman into the argument so she could tell us how awesome god was. Madness

Even my girlfriend loathes them and she's a Christian. They really are pains in the arse yet I'm too polite to tell them to fuck off outright.

My manners grind my gears.

Even my girlfriend loathes them and she's a Christian. They really are pains in the arse yet I'm too polite to tell them to fuck off outright.

My manners grind my gears.

I used to be like that until I realised that they dont care if you dont want to hear it, they still want to tell you lol Its like the jehovas that try and burst their way into your house

Pressure problem.

Is it possible for me to sort this out? I did a few years building back in the day but unfortunately no plumbing. I've heard of the pressure gauge but not got a clue what to do with it !

Cant see the image as Im at work but it its discoloured you need to get your water supplier out to have a look.

I might have to soon. The problem only started after the Severn Trent folk turned the streets water back on after they had been working in our area.

1. Jesus creepers who approach you and try to gulit-trip you into church. Telling them you're an atheist only exacerbates the situation.

2. Teletext gone by the end of the month. (On analogue)

1. I don't like the ones who talk to you when you are minding your own business, but I love the mad ones who stand in town shouting or singing!

2. This is bad news, I love flicking through the latest news and local football bits. 102 and 390 on BBC normal tele are great for moments of total boredom. Also many memories of 'reveal' and 'hold' jokes when I was a kid.

This one, loosely. Now, I don't recall anyone talking through mine, but it is linked

Because SHIT presentations grind my gears. Call me a snob, but when someone rolls up with a half-arsed presentation, where they have exactly what they are saying up on powerpoint behind them, and large parts are cearly taken from the internet (as one girl had clearly donw), it grinds my gears big time.

I had one week to do my presentation, ONE week, because It was the first week after we signed up for them. I got 76% and I did a fooking good job (if I do say so myself) and yet people have 5-10 weeks to prepare for it, and then I see facebook statii of people panicking cos they haven't done it the night before.... fooking lazy c*nts, if you put some frigging effort in, then you might not be panicking.

AND ALSO.... people who so the bare minnimum and get good grades. One of the presentations was done by someone who e-mailed the tutor asking what he needed to do, and was told what he had to have in at least.... he got 68 fvcking percent

Fvucking presentations piss me off, piss me off big time.

Edited by Ian C

Is it possible for me to sort this out? I did a few years building back in the day but unfortunately no plumbing. I've heard of the pressure gauge but not got a clue what to do with it !

I might have to soon. The problem only started after the Severn Trent folk turned the streets water back on after they had been working in our area.

Ahhh makes sense, when weve done work on the mains it can disturb all manner of stuff thats built up in the pipes, it wont hurt you but its a discolouration complaint so if you ring them they will sort it out. Might be worth checking if the neighbours have the same problem. :thumbup:

This one, loosely. Now, I don't recall anyone talking through mine, but it is linked

Because SHIT presentations grind my gears. Call me a snob, but when someone rolls up with a half-arsed presentation, where they have exactly what they are saying up on powerpoint behind them, and large parts are cearly taken from the internet (as one girl had clearly donw), it grinds my gears big time.

I had one week to do my presentation, ONE week, because It was the first week after we signed up for them. I got 76% and I did a fooking good job (if I do say so myself) and yet people have 5-10 weeks to prepare for it, and then I see facebook statii of people panicking cos they haven't done it the night before.... fooking lazy c*nts, if you put some frigging effort in, then you might not be panicking.

AND ALSO.... people who so the bare minnimum and get good grades. One of the presentations was done by someone who e-mailed the tutor asking what he needed to do, and was told what he had to have in at least.... he got 68 fvcking percent

What annoyed me more and it was the same for MrsG - people who continually get the deadline extended because they are too lazy/pissed to get it done on time and then aren't penalised for being late with it.

Ahhh makes sense, when weve done work on the mains it can disturb all manner of stuff thats built up in the pipes, it wont hurt you but its a discolouration complaint so if you ring them they will sort it out. Might be worth checking if the neighbours have the same problem. :thumbup:

Do you work for the water company then Lou? Suprised me that has, I thought you were a hairdresser or summat girlie like that :D I got visions of you down a hole now with a yellow vest on covered in sh/t !

It seems to have cleared up a bit this morning, it's not pure white anymore and takes less time to go clear. I'll give it a couple more days and see if it gets back to normal. I only use it for washing and cups of tea anyway. I know this is probably not true but I have visions of my tap water coming from pits of wee and used tampax so I can't bring myself to drink it raw that often!

If you do work for the water folk can you clear up my misconception so I can start drinking tap water again, it'll save me quite a bit of cash on bottled stuff ?!

Do you work for the water company then Lou? Suprised me that has, I thought you were a hairdresser or summat girlie like that :D I got visions of you down a hole now with a yellow vest on covered in sh/t !

It seems to have cleared up a bit this morning, it's not pure white anymore and takes less time to go clear. I'll give it a couple more days and see if it gets back to normal. I only use it for washing and cups of tea anyway. I know this is probably not true but I have visions of my tap water coming from pits of wee and used tampax so I can't bring myself to drink it raw that often!

If you do work for the water folk can you clear up my misconception so I can start drinking tap water again, it'll save me quite a bit of cash on bottled stuff ?!

Yes I work for STW and am probably the least girlie girl in the world (well barring butch Lesbos lol) Im far more likely to be found on a building site with steel toe caps on :thumbup:

You wont get anything disgusting like that in your tap water... its not coming from the Sewers! lol

STW regularly has the cleanest water of all the water companies and discolouration/poor taste complaints are very rare. The DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate website has the figures but generally we come out as one of the best! :thumbup:

I drink it and I know whats in it and how it gets to my taps. ;) the way I see it, anything you eat and drink could have been peed in or tampered with at the factory etc :unsure:

Because SHIT presentations grind my gears. Call me a snob, but when someone rolls up with a half-arsed presentation, where they have exactly what they are saying up on powerpoint behind them, and large parts are clearly taken from the internet (as one girl had clearly donw), it grinds my gears big time.

AND ALSO.... people who so the bare minimum and get good grades. One of the presentations was done by someone who e-mailed the tutor asking what he needed to do, and was told what he had to have in at least.... he got 68 fvcking percent

Not snobby at all really, you just want to see people actually put the effort into presentations that you put in. I feel uncomfortable when watching a presentation that has clearly warranted ZERO effort, especially when you realise that you spent 2-3 weeks of solid work and research on the same task. Disrespectful to the tutor and peers in my opinion.

PS Well done on the 76% by the way. :thumbup:

Edited by Bilo

Sorry but I just think its waste of time being pissed off about other's efforts or lack of them. If I was in your shoes I would be contented with my score and not give shit about others unless they get better score than me

Yes I work for STW and am probably the least girlie girl in the world (well barring butch Lesbos lol) Im far more likely to be found on a building site with steel toe caps on :thumbup:

You wont get anything disgusting like that in your tap water... its not coming from the Sewers! lol

STW regularly has the cleanest water of all the water companies and discolouration/poor taste complaints are very rare. The DWI (Drinking Water Inspectorate website has the figures but generally we come out as one of the best! :thumbup:

I drink it and I know whats in it and how it gets to my taps. ;) the way I see it, anything you eat and drink could have been peed in or tampered with at the factory etc :unsure:

Well I don't know where I got the idea that the water gets recycled in the sewers! I've been thinking that for a few years now and that was the main reason I started drinking bottled water (I could of saved a grand or two).

I know what you saying about factory food cos when I left school I worked at KP and in a pie factory :S

Are you one of those ladies who can be pretty gangster at times and then at home is soft and gentle, tender and very womanly?! :D My sister-in-law works on the railways with loads of blokes graftin and she is like that (she sometimes has this look that says 'don't **** with me today, I will crush you') ! I suppose you have to be a bit tough if you are a woman working on a manual labour job with the lads! WTF am I talking about? I been awake for 2 days so ignore me!!

Soft, gentle, tender and very womanly?? Where the frick did that come from, the only reason I'm not deleting the last paragraph is cos I want to laugh at myself when I get up tomorrow :D

Fuck me - I need a new place to work.

The cunt who replaced the massive cunt has turned into the biggest, most ridiculous cunt in the world. The ****ingarsewipinglybadmother****ingcunt that he is.

I normally wish for the weekend to bring lottery wins and laughs - this weekend is different: I hope he receives a letter informing him that he has cancerous form of Aids shortly before having an ice pick rammed into an eye socket.

Fuck me - I need a new place to work.

The cunt who replaced the massive cunt has turned into the biggest, most ridiculous cunt in the world. The ****ingarsewipinglybadmother****ingcunt that he is.

I normally wish for the weekend to bring lottery wins and laughs - this weekend is different: I hope he receives a letter informing him that he has cancerous form of Aids shortly before having an ice pick rammed into an eye socket.

Not getting on with the new boss? :whistle: