Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

presumably you've never been stretched to the end of your tether? some people express them selves differently and that's not a phase i'd use while telling my kid off, but we're all different.
oh dont even sit there and tell me its ok to use that phrase because someone might be different to me or you . some things are just wrong. period.

i don't think i said it was 'ok' did i? but, some people, can only (maybe above i should've put 'can only' to save confusion?) express them selves in a certain way. i lived near plenty in the centre of town years ago.

anyhow, the ones who get my goat are the upper classes who have their kids then send them away to school, then university, as soon as the possibly can and don't see them again (properly) until they're nearly 21/22

No I dont mean parents who are stressed but you see (or know) parents who just act like their kids are an inconvenience, I dont know why, but if I had a kid I would devote my time to having fun with them.

see above. but as for the fun thing, that's great until your absolutely knackered (which can be quite often when running after kids all day, i can tell you!).

from reading his post i dont think it was aimed at all parents... i think he was aiming it at those who clearly dont care one tiny lil bit about their kids... and some clearly dont...

All parents must appear to outsiders like that sometimes. I know I've seen some mothers shouting and threatening their kids and thought the same, but you must remember that we're all human, we all get tired and emotional. Just because they shout and threaten their kids in times of stress doesn't mean that they're not good parents at other times.

I know a mother who works for social services and would never dream of shouting her kids, they have the best of everything they can afford but she dumps her kids on the grandparents at every opportunity even when one or more of the parents have a day off. It's not they they can't look after their kids it's that they can't be bothered. In cases like that I'd agree with Purple ronnie. I don't think you can judge strangers like that though on the basis of 30seconds shouting in a shopping centre.

People who announce the birth of their new baby to the entire department at our work via e-mail. Seriously, there's about 4-500 people at least who must work in our area and of that I guess, about 30-40 are interested/know the person involved at any one time. It happens so often that it does my head in.

People advocating the spending and wasting of excessive amounts of money on Christmas presents that most people don't need and then lecture the world on Global warming.

If Global warming is all it's meant to be then consumerism, materialism and extreme capitalism is a major cause of it.

My inability to grow real facial hair.

Lack of good Nike adverts on TV nowadays.

Programmes on chess.

Kirsten O'Brien.

The ability to grow facial hair and yet nothing of note on the bonce, crown, top whatever!

People advocating the spending and wasting of excessive amounts of money on Christmas presents that most people don't need and then lecture the world on Global warming.

If Global warming is all it's meant to be then consumerism, materialism and extreme capitalism is a major cause of it.

I take it that nobody's bought you that XBox you were hinting for?

I take it that nobody's bought you that XBox you were hinting for?

I'm sure I shall get some practical, value for money gifts that I need. :thumbup:

Nah I just saw someone pay £17 for Ozzy Osbourne's biography which would be on my list of most useless unwanted, unwarranted products of all time along with most other 'here today gone tomorrow' nonentity celebs and will be in the all books for a £1 bin in a couple of weeks.

Bah humbug!

I'm sure I shall get some practical, value for money gifts that I need. :thumbup:

Nah I just saw someone pay £17 for Ozzy Osbourne's biography which would be on my list of most useless unwanted, unwarranted products of all time along with most other 'here today gone tomorrow' nonentity celebs and will be in the all books for a £1 bin in a couple of weeks.

Bah humbug!

shit! :angry::blush:

Isn't that a great xmas beer over in UK? :santa::beer:

Apparently it is 2078008539_02ce16d2a6.jpg

shit! :angry::blush:

Ha ha, I'm guessing you've just bought a copy. Oh well each to their own, but £17, it'll be a £1 in a few weeks.