Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

What grinds my gears...

Hypocrisy.

The use of the word "literally" when the user means to say "actually". As in, "I skidded on the ice, and I literally fell over. I am covered in bruises". No, you "actually" fell over, didn't you.

The use of the word "of" instead of "have". As in, "I could have", or "I should have". "I could of" makes you sound retarded.

Oh my goodness, yes. :angry: :angry:

Definitely This.

Can't stand it.

I know it has been mentioned more than once on this forum, but I feel that it cannot be said too often.

Would you still insist it was them, even if they said it wasn't? I could understand if it was a mobile number, which are generally personal to individuals, but it isn't. Landlines are often used by more than one person. Honest

i tend to say "i was called by this number"

but you didn't say they insisted, you said they get suspicious.

People that give shit out but can't take it themselves.

i couldn't agree more.

edit:

having my shoes catch fire has, just this minute, ground my gears

Edited by stephen

The sods law that will see my new laptop arrive when no-one is in.

8am-1pm delivery time, with no-one home from 11:30am-1pm. I am not holding out much hope :(

Did it arrive?

What grinds my gears...........

Pathetic attempts to snow that are enough to cause disruption/slippy roads/pavements etc but arent enough to prevent me from getting to work

Work

Kids

Having no money

Thats about it for today...

Did it arrive?

What grinds my gears...........

Pathetic attempts to snow that are enough to cause disruption/slippy roads/pavements etc but arent enough to prevent me from getting to work

Work

Kids

Having no money

Thats about it for today...

Yep, came just as my mum left for work, good timing. Though i'm still using my old one right now, It's too new to use full time just yet.

Hypocrisy.

The use of the word "literally" when the user means to say "actually". As in, "I skidded on the ice, and I literally fell over. I am covered in bruises". No, you "actually" fell over, didn't you.

The use of the word "of" instead of "have". As in, "I could have", or "I should have". "I could of" makes you sound retarded.

Bad grammar is one of my many pet hates I must admit.

Well I would of mentioned it myself really, but I literally don't have the balls.

Superb response! :crylaugh:

Being the proper talking man that I am, I always shorten it to "would've". It also has the added bonus of annoying people while knowing that, in a way, I'm still sort of right.